C-D Intersection ×

I have noticed a big drop in the number of people playing the game lately, why is that?

Recently (since about May 12 according to statistics) the number of people playing the game has decreased significantly.
What do you think is the cause? If you know, please let us know. If you don't know, would you like to discuss what the cause is?

Hello @ito628,

As the colleague mentioned earlier, many players on TruckersMP don't know how to update the game to a previous version (one that is compatible with playing on TruckersMP servers).

Mainly, this is why we've noticed a drop in users connected to the servers in recent weeks since the 1.50 update from SCS was released.

Hopefully, the latest update can soon be compatible with TruckersMP. In the meantime, we have to wait.

Sincerely,

CoyoteTMP

Kind regards,

CoyoteTMP

Languages: Spanish, English

Rules     |     Support    |     Report     |     Feedback     |     Appeal Ban

spacer.png

When SCS releases a new update, especially when a core system is changed or a new feature is added, TMP has to take longer to support it.

Many players, including myself, do not want to downgrade just to play on the servers. Once that orange banner at the top is gone, the population will return.

As others have stated, the large decline for ETS2 since 14/05/24 is due to 1.50 being released.
Although interestingly, since the start of this year, there has been a slow decline in TMP players.

image.png.8936295cf9f8f712e1094b1437a73ada.png

This graph, focusing on ETS2 Simulation 1 numbers, and other statistics are available from https://stats.truckersmp.com/.

Another interesting stat is the total amount of users on the TMP servers at one time, which shows a peak at last year's Halloween event, which I believe can be considered one of TMP’s most successful ever events.

Compare that to the recent (arguably, most important event / milestone), TMP10 event. Which, following the confusion of the second half of delivering cargo for a personal TMP10 achievement, and only ~60% of the community goal reached for delivering the special cargoes in general, hinting towards a less well managed and communicated event, it again seems interest in TMP is slowly declining.

image.thumb.png.9548348cbd2aab085cafe48b997ddb18.png

Hopefully TMP gets updated to 1.50 soon.
And although it is of course understandable such an update will take time, it is disappointing that there hasn't been any significant communication, stating of any delays or an estimated time frame. Which, if the community that is so important to TMP were to be updated in an appropriate way, would of course stop these kind of questions and doubts.

• Upvote 2

Definitely Agree, although I would much rather play TMP over Single-player, I just simply cant justify downgrading back to a previous version (1.49) just to play online, only to re-download 1.50 in a matter of Days/Weeks when TMP is back to supporting the latest edition. 

Its easier to just leave the game updated and watch the forum / discord to see when support is made available for the latest patch and then I can join the masses of players again like myself who are mostly waiting for the update before returning to online play.

We definitely have to thank the Staff of TMP for working as hard and fast as they can though to bring us the latest patch once its finally fully ready to play.

spacer.png

The drop in numbers is not just 1.50 being released. When 1.38 was released with FMOD, it took TruckersMP quite a while to update. However, events and numbers were still decent as events were actually good and there was some sense of community.

The other factor is that TMP staff at the time gave a rough timeline of when they expected TMP to be compatible with 1.38. There has been no word of that for 1.50, instead just saying oh it’ll be ready when it’s ready. I really believe that not having any kind of communicative update that actually has an update is hurting, though it seems lack of communication has been going on for sometime (I.E.) multiple extensions of the TMP10 anniversary event because players couldn’t figure out the cargo and with staff not seeming to want to do the event either.

TLDR: Better communication garners more community engagement and lack of communication means a lack of community engagement.

• Upvote 1

As a result of update to version 1.50, more people are opting for the new version. plus there are a lot of updates, so they don't want to downgrade. But in my opinion, 1.50 is still an immature version. I don't know if TMP will wait until version 1.51 or 1.50.1 before updating.

Stay safe!

On 5/25/2024 at 7:09 PM, Begonia_73 said:

Like others, I think this is because everyone has updated to 1.50 and is unwilling to downgrade because the update is 24GB. When Truckers MP announces support for 1.50, the number of players will increase.

Bruh why copying and pasting others' answer 🙂

On 5/26/2024 at 10:51 AM, PandaTVing said:

I don't know if TMP will wait until version 1.51 or 1.50.1 before updating

They should update it anyways tho, so even if the game updates itself to 1.51 or 1.50.1 then they don't have to work a lot again 

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards, MaRtY

TruckersMP Forum Moderator