ETS2MP cant be played since SCS updated the game (v1.17)

Team NLD Gaming

Question

Hi guys,

Yesterday you updated the game into a R4, very nice update!

But since SCS updated their version of the game (from 1.16.xxx into 1.17 today), its impossible to enter ETS2MP for everyone with the latest update of ETS2 by SCS.

I've contacted SCS about it and they told me that you guys (Devs of ETS2MP) need to fix this because SCS isnt the creator of ETS2MP.

So guys will and can you fix this ASAP? Because i dont wanna loose my ETS2MP nor my ETS2 game for caused by update.

Please let me know something! 

Regards, Jay

post-22604-0-48672000-1429207099_thumb.p

9 answers to this question

We will port next version to a MP update, when 1.17 is officially released, for now you can downgrade using steam.

seriously?!?! -_- You are joking, right?

It can take 5 till 6 weeks before the official version of v1.17 will be released. So you apparently gonna ignore the SCS update and the community by saying this....thats kinda weird for a game like ETS2MP to ignore their players.

and besides of that, when im gonna DOWNGRADE my game my savegame will be corrupted, so that we cant play ETS2 nor ETS2MP. Nice to know that you think like that...have you tried it by yourself? Updating ETS2 and playing it and after a while downgrading ETS2 before you start to play ETS2MP? Try it and tell me if im right, i hope you will fix this asap...before SCS releases the official version of v1.17.

I had the same problem as you , all you need to 'downgrade' your version which is very easy

1 open up your steam library

2 right click your main euro truck simulator game (not multi player, the single player one)

3 click proerties right at the bottom

4 another screen will open with 5 tabs

5 click the betas tab

6 under select the beta you would like to opt into locate and click temporary_1_16_02 -1.16.2

You game should now redownload the correct beta and you will be able to use the multiplayer once its downloaded

It can take 5 till 6 weeks before the official version of v1.17 will be released. So you apparently gonna ignore the SCS update and the community by saying this....thats kinda weird for a game like ETS2MP to ignore their players.

Betas sometimes have like 2 updates per week, always have a second profile for multiplayer since it can corrupt.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Ey dude, chill. You're being offered help. No need to be mad about it. You do realize that 1.17 is in public beta phase, which YOU chose in your steam game properties. If you want to play mp follow ETS Trucker's posted steps. Clearly you do not understand how ets2mp has been working/updating their mod regarding main game updates. And they are not ignoring us. I despise comments that are not factual. 

And The Leeds Lad is correct. You still have your old save games in the appropriate backup folder.

I'm pretty certain that ETS2 make backups for your profile when you upgrade. If you find your profile corrupted just copy and paste from the "profiles(1.16.3.1s).bak" folder, under Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2.