Teamspeak Server Costs?

Zomb Lee

Question

Hey guys.

I'm curious to know how much it costs to create a server for voice communication using teamspeak. I really want to start my own VTC but the only thing holding me back is the fact that I can't figure out a solution for voice communications. I'd like to use Teamspeak, but I'm not sure how much that would cost me, as I don't have money to spend on keeping a server open. Also, my gaming computer is my only computer, so I'm not sure if I'd need to dedicate a computer to act as a server or not.

Kinda unfamiliar with the territory, but I've run several VTCs of my own in the past back in the days of 18 Wheels of Steel Haulin' and proboards, before MP was even thought possible in a game such as this.

I really appreciate anyone who offers up some help or alternatives to Teamspeak, if any.

EDIT: I have been able to work out a deal, thank you everyone for your help! 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

9 answers to this question

You can run the windows client on your PC. There are 2 or 3 ports you will need to forward and without buying a license it will only have 35 slots but "free". The other option is finding a cheap host which usually are just ports on a different up so you can not have your own website address used to connect to the IP. This is the most optimal one because then you do not need I worry about hackers or having to shut your computer off. Hoped this helped.

The people I use to host mine is game servers which does not allow me to reroute a website address which I could when I hostwd my own on my box. Basically took a dot.tk domain and has ts.crazyfoeiphone.tk reroute to my IP but now I have my server hosted and no longer need mine running.

• Upvote 1

sig_crazyforiphone.jpg

Yeah, I finally was able to figure out that the regular unlicensed version is free, but man does it look complicated as hell to set up a server because of the port forwarding, and as you said, I like to shut my computer off when I go to sleep, so that would be an issue if I was trying to host. 

I sadly can't afford renting a server at the moment, so I'm trying to find another way to host voice comms. Thank you for all of your information and help! 

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

Hi Zomb Lee, if you need a TS let me know how many slots.

That's very generous of you. I sent you a PM. 

You can get a cheap linux VM from eg. Digitalocean and set the server up on it(fairly easy, if you need help I can maybe help out) costing you ~5$ a month, the link will get you started with credits for 2 months :)

You can get a cheap linux VM from eg. Digitalocean and set the server up on it(fairly easy, if you need help I can maybe help out) costing you ~5$ a month, the link will get you started with credits for 2 months :)

Thank you for your offer, but Sicco0803 and I worked out a deal. I appreciate you taking the time to help.  :D

Thank you for the help guys, but as I mentioned previously Sicco0803 and I have worked out a deal. I guess I should edit the first topic and show it as resolved so I'm not wasting everyone's time. I appreciate everyone who took the time to offer some insight and help! Great community we have here.