Jump to content

Cars only available after 6 months of registration with TMP or Patreon Members


Fernando Galhardo

Recommended Posts

Suggestion Name: Cars only available after 6 months of registration with TMP or Patreon Members

Suggestion Description: Self explanatory.

Any example images: Self explanatory.

Why it should be added: Car drivers are a problem in the TMP and everyone knows it. If you notice, most of the cars that obstruct traffic are those of recently registered players, so a solution (not definitive, but very corrective) would be for only players with registrations of more than 6 months to drive cars, or Patreon members.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, years ago my purpose in entering TMP was to drive civilian vehicles and interact with people. I entered TMP years ago thinking of the pleasure it would bring. Even though I don't think so myself anymore, I think there are many users who agreed with me in the past. Taking this away from them will create dissatisfaction. Different solutions can be produced

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, _FyRo said:

Hello, years ago my purpose in entering TMP was to drive civilian vehicles and interact with people. I entered TMP years ago thinking of the pleasure it would bring. Even though I don't think so myself anymore, I think there are many users who agreed with me in the past. Taking this away from them will create dissatisfaction. Different solutions can be produced

 

I understand your point, but don't you think that people with this intention are not even close to 1%~2% of new players?

 

That's why I added Patreon members to also allow them before the 6-month period, after all, most would think twice about doing something stupid, since there is money involved in the process.

 

Also remembering that it is not a definitive or exaggerated solution for those who like the cars in the game, but, in my opinion, it would help a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The solution could start with eliminating congestion between Duisburg and Calais. Because 90% of players move between these locations. I think that producing a solution that will spread the players to all cities in Europe will be more effective than some restrictions. The whole problem happens where the crowd is, this solves the problem. I don't know about you, but unfortunately I have to commute between Duisburg and Calais because I feel the lack of players in other cities. Many players may feel and think like me. Moreover, this will give everyone a different pleasure. Seeing different users at every point of the map will make the game more enjoyable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Catonaut said:

Instead of requiring 6 moths of membership to drive a car I think it would be better to incerease the minimum driving hours for the game itself. Right now you only need 2 hours of driving to enter TMP. How about increasing this to 50 or 100?

This has been suggested many times earlier, and was declined each time.

The reason for that 2 hour limit is so the person won't be able to refund the game on Steam, not that they can get to know how the game works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

The problem is not the cars is the drivers, they will do the same if they drive a truck. so this registration will be pointless imo

So the only way forward is to make Bans harsher? Still baffles me you can get banned 6 times in 12 months (it is actually less when you have taken into account the months you have been banned) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This suggestion is not about bans but a restriction for players to get the scout car when they join TMP 😄

before cars and busses was added there was only trucks back in the days, and believe me they did same with trucks as they do with cars now.

i'm sure there still videos of the good old days in Europoort when the mod was just open to public to see the chaos with trucks.

the main issue is that players see this game as racing game and only have experience with racing cuz on the race track in many racing games there are no signs and traffic lights and less rules compare to ours.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

The problem is not the cars is the drivers, they will do the same if they drive a truck. so this registration will be pointless imo

 

But don't you think the proportion of trolls would be lower? Think about it with me, you rarely see troll players with trucks (usually without a trailer) passing between two trucks at the Calais traffic signal, for example, or a truck throwing itself in front of you going from truck to truck in a traffic jam.

 

The issue is that the truck is wider and handles differently than when it is without a trailer.

 

As I said, it's not a definitive solution, but, in my opinion, it would help even in a small way with the chaos that troll cars cause.

 

17 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

This suggestion is not about bans but a restriction for players to get the scout car when they join TMP 😄

before cars and busses was added there was only trucks back in the days, and believe me they did same with trucks as they do with cars now.

i'm sure there still videos of the good old days in Europoort when the mod was just open to public to see the chaos with trucks.

the main issue is that players see this game as racing game and only have experience with racing cuz on the race track in many racing games there are no signs and traffic lights.

 

Exactly. However, I think that the fact that the truck is a less agile vehicle would reduce the number of trolls in the game, more precisely on the Calais - Duisburg road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, buddy

 

I agree with your statement that most of the reports come from cars because they don't care about the existence of rules. If cars are restricted, it will greatly reduce the generation of reports

If there were no cars, they would use trucks, no matter what type of truck they use, they wouldn't be as flexible as cars. At least your idea is right

 

Sincerely

greeting

Big Week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the next aprils fools I'd like to have a max speed limit at 30 kph for trucks and 20 kph for cars. Would be so funny so see the rage in chat of all these racing drivers. 

 

But as you said, the minimum requirement of 6 months membership sound quite good, but there are players who already have many hours in SP, can drive very good, stick to the traffic rules and then have to wait 6 months aswell to play. They'll loose interest quite fast in joining. Sounds like we need something like a trest track to see how drivers behave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Catonaut said:

For the next aprils fools I'd like to have a max speed limit at 30 kph for trucks and 20 kph for cars. Would be so funny so see the rage in chat of all these racing drivers. 

 

But as you said, the minimum requirement of 6 months membership sound quite good, but there are players who already have many hours in SP, can drive very good, stick to the traffic rules and then have to wait 6 months aswell to play. They'll loose interest quite fast in joining. Sounds like we need something like a trest track to see how drivers behave

 

That's why I set Patreon Members to be released before 6 months of membership.

 

If anyone has any doubts about how much this would help, add the TMP ID in the TAG and realize that most of them are IDs starting with 5XXXXXX+, meaning new IDs, people with recent registrations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

The problem is the unrealistic physics of the Scout. It's basically based on a truck, which makes it the "weapon" of choice for trolls and recklessly driving players.

If its physics model would be corrected, all accidents with trucks would provide a clear result and would end much to the disadvantage of perpetrator.

 

Fixing the physics of the car is almost impossible, since ets2 is a truck game, scs software should not expect to drive the car in the game, and the car should not appear in a truck game

Polestar Logistics drivers | Safely drive over 1,000,000 km

Languages: English, Chinese

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 7:51 PM, Fernando Galhardo said:

Suggestion Name: Cars only available after 6 months of registration with TMP or Patreon Members

Suggestion Description: Self explanatory.

Any example images: Self explanatory.

Why it should be added: Car drivers are a problem in the TMP and everyone knows it. If you notice, most of the cars that obstruct traffic are those of recently registered players, so a solution (not definitive, but very corrective) would be for only players with registrations of more than 6 months to drive cars, or Patreon members.

I would go with 12 months for safety reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 6:51 PM, Fernando Galhardo said:

Suggestion Name: Cars only available after 6 months of registration with TMP or Patreon Members

Suggestion Description: Self explanatory.

Any example images: Self explanatory.

Why it should be added: Car drivers are a problem in the TMP and everyone knows it. If you notice, most of the cars that obstruct traffic are those of recently registered players, so a solution (not definitive, but very corrective) would be for only players with registrations of more than 6 months to drive cars, or Patreon members.

 

This would delay the usage of the vehicle for all players respectively limit its usage to a specific group.

None of it would solve the root cause of the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fernando Galhardo said:

 

But u think that would help, even a little bit? That's the point of the suggestion.

 

The limitation to a specific, paying group would presumably decrease the number of this type of vehicles in traffic.

It is to be expected that players, who previously used them to cause mayhem and lost access to them, would pick a truck instead, though six months later.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.