Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

"Rec ban" comments in-game should not be allowed

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho

Suggestion name : 

"Banning in-game hate comments"

Suggestion description

The "rec", "ban", "report", "enjoy your ban", ... comments are clearly anti-community and I don't think they should be allowed to appear freely on TruckersMP.
I explain why in the last title.

Example image :

mxvj.png

163e.png

Why it should be added : 

Hello everyone and the TruckersMP staff,

I've noticed many times in game, not to say countless times, people writing "rec", "ban", "enjoy your ban", etc etc etc....
These kinds of comments make those who send them feel powerful, in the sense that they're letting the user to whom the message is addressed know that they're, in some way, happy to see him/her get banned.
But aren't we on a game, which certainly includes rules of conduct (which few players have read), but above all isn't this clearly anti-community behaviour?
We're also noticing a lot of players with the in-game TAG "REC". What is their real goal? To show that any player who doesn't respect the rules will be banned? Wouldn't it be better to ban these in-game comments? I'm not talking about banning players, but about banning this kind of comment from the game. 
I've spoken to a TruckersMP staff member who also agrees that this sort of thing isn't really something we should be seeing in-game.

In the best of cases, people are of course free to make reports by recording the situations, and send them to TruckersMP to improve everyone's gaming experience, but why write it in-game? And above all, why allow it?

I think this kind of comments is becoming far too prominent on the game and viral, and should really stop, otherwise it spoils the fun of going to TruckersMP.

Thanks to have read my suggestion, and hope this one will be accepted in the goal of receiving feedbacks from the community.

@[OCSC Event] Antho,

Players who write "rec rep ban" or the like are indirectly impersonating TruckersMP team members, as bans can only be conducted by them.

Impersonation is a violation of §1.6 of the game rules, which states:

§1.6 - Impersonation of any kind

Impersonating other users, staff members, political figures, law enforcement, leaders and authorities, criminal organisations of any kind, acting like someone who is more superior or acting like a member of a verified VTC you are not part of.

Their main intention is likely to intimidate other players while distracting from their own mistakes.

I always found this kind of behavior annoying and unnecessary.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

I've read so many times "Rec ban" that I stopped caring about it a very long time ago. Why should I worry about someone saying that, if I know that I did nothing wrong? Funniest of all, many of those who said "rec ban" to me were actually reported (by me) and banned. Without any notification from my side 🤣

And like Granite just mentioned, there are way worse things in the chat that should be taken care of first, IMO.

• Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho
2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I've read so many times "Rec ban" that I stopped caring about it a very long time ago. Why should I worry about someone saying that, if I know that I did nothing wrong? Funniest of all, many of those who said "rec ban" to me were actually reported (by me) and banned. Without any notification from my side 🤣

And like Granite just mentioned, there are way worse things in the chat that should be taken care of first, IMO.

I dont talk about me but about the players who do/did that. But if you think it can stay on the tchat, no problem.  Of course, we can see many others things that are clearly worse but this kind of comments "rec" is just to say "yeahhhhh, I'm so happy to see that due to me, this guy will not play anymore"... it's just a kind of child behaviour... 

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

@[OCSC Event] Antho,

Players who write "rec rep ban" or the like are indirectly impersonating TruckersMP team members, as bans can only be conducted by them.

Impersonation is a violation of §1.6 of the game rules, which states:

Their main intention is likely to intimidate other players while distracting from their own mistakes.

It's not a violation of the rule 1.6. (or if it was, many who did that should be banned lol) maybe 80% of the players lol.

But I clearly agree with you for that :

Like you told, it's unnecessary and shouldn't be on tmp.

Hey there! 

First of all,  thank you for creating this suggestion, as we know each person here has a different ideas. 

However, as far as I read this suggestion must say it's quite unnecessary to ban these words  - like if someone wrote rec in chat, he got banned, and in my opinion its really annoying. Just leave those people and leave the comments in chat. ❤️ If these words would be bannable then each second player on TMP was already banned from TruckersMP Servers. 

Therefore, I can'ť agree with that suggestion, sadly. 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver I MCG Driver 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

First off, why are there giant watermelons being hauled? Did i miss a community event, a recent update,  or is this one of your game mods?

Secondly, you are in the hotspot known as CD. When you go there, you are going to see rec, their id mentioned, and/or ban mentioned because a good portion of the population doesn't know how to drive. A player i reported back in April is once again banned for 2 more months. Somebody else reported them and staff added time due to their history. I guarantee, this same player will be banned for even longer once again.

Third, there are more pressing issues to be concerned. Like slurs and vocal abuse that comes from being toxic.

You don't want to see 3 little words? Stop going to CD and go to the rest of the map.

I think these are the warning effects. Seeing these words will only make people panic. I don't know what to do? 

亲切问候

倩霞

Useful Links:

TMP举报|TMP规则|TMP知识库|TMP反馈系统|TMP支持系统

社会的:

卡车司机MP|卡车司机MP论坛|蒸汽|VTC

垫片.png

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho
2 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

First off, why are there giant watermelons being hauled? Did i miss a community event, a recent update,  or is this one of your game mods?

Secondly, you are in the hotspot known as CD. When you go there, you are going to see rec, their id mentioned, and/or ban mentioned because a good portion of the population doesn't know how to drive. A player i reported back in April is once again banned for 2 more months. Somebody else reported them and staff added time due to their history. I guarantee, this same player will be banned for even longer once again.

Third, there are more pressing issues to be concerned. Like slurs and vocal abuse that comes from being toxic.

You don't want to see 3 little words? Stop going to CD and go to the rest of the map.

This is not only on C-D 😅 It's clearly the same situation everywhere, we can also see it during convoys on public servers or event server, on every servers and everywhere...

Ok on my screen, it was on C-D but this situation can happen clearly everywhere... And that's not a question about the fact I'm sensible or similar 😅 but just the fact it's just clearly anti community

Hello @[OCSC Event] Antho,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write this idea.

I think what you wrote is right. In a sense it is as if a person wants to make the person who receives the "rec" message in the game chat feel inferior. In any case, obviously it is always good to follow all the rules of the game and this does not take away the possibility of reporting any violators of the rules. I honestly write these words as little as possible. I write that only when a person writes this to me this word "REC" (especially sometimes unfairly).

Kind Regards,

ROMANISTA [ITA]

TruckersMP Veteran player

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

6 hours ago, [OCSC Event] Antho said:

This is not only on C-D 😅 It's clearly the same situation everywhere, we can also see it during convoys on public servers or event server, on every servers and everywhere...

Ok on my screen, it was on C-D but this situation can happen clearly everywhere... And that's not a question about the fact I'm sensible or similar 😅 but just the fact it's just clearly anti community

Everywhere else, you don't have to worry about constant traffic. Looking at the live map where i last logged (St Petersburg), there's about 5 spread out players in the area XD

17 hours ago, [OCSC Event] Antho said:

What I've seen on event servers, seems to be just a joke. And if you can not understand jokes, well.. Can't do anything about it, can we? 🤪

I really don't know why you are bothered by such a small thing. Just ignore them. 

As earlier mentioned: If those words/phrases were bannable .. we'd have no players left. Also as earlier mentioned: You will hear "rec ban" a lot on busy places. Visit places that are a bit less busy (and where mistakes/griefing happens less often) and voila. 

• 4 months later...