Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Is this against the rules ?

Deadwilk

Hello there @Deadwilk,

From my point of view I would say that I don't see a big violation of the TruckersMP rules here, but what I have found a bit bad is that when you were crossing into the left lane, you have your turn signal on but then the player in the left lane started to approach and thus prevent you from going, then I would rather choose to go back to the right lane to avoid some punishment. 

On the other hand at the beginning of the move into the left lane the truck started moving straight. Event thought it  looked like the truck behind were giving you the right of way, it probably wasnt likely meant like that.

According to what he did I would report that user for blocking, because he started to blocking you and he did not want to let you get in thus lane.

It's been said, therefore I would report this player. 

Thank you for reading! 

Regards,

[MCG] RedWolf[CZ]

• Like 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

When you started switching lanes, there was room and the other truck was stopped. Only after you had already half of your truck in the left lane the other player started moving and pushing your vehicle, clearly it's that player who is at fault here. Either they should have moved immediately to close the gap or wait for you to finish the merging.

But things like that are quite common in TMP, people who don't know or care about road rules, who don't respect other players and who will go with the stupid "REC BAN" message even when it's them who should be punished.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I tend to support you not violating any rules, but I have a suggestion. If changing lanes like this leads to traffic obstruction, it is highly likely to be reported for violating Rule 2.3 Blocking.

Of course, it is evident from the video that when you were overtaking, the following car initially did not contest your right of way. However, judging from their subsequent behavior, they likely violated Rule 2.5 Reckless Driving and may have engaged in behavior that could be categorized as Rule 2.2 Collision. I strongly recommend reporting them based on Rule 2.5, as this rule is universal and applies to almost any collision scenario.

However, I also strongly advise against changing lanes like this in the future. It would be better to switch to the corresponding lane in advance, especially in areas with heavy traffic, such as Duisburg city and C-D Road where you were driving.

I'm just an ordinary gamer, learning from my own mistakes and warning other players. I hope it helps you 😘

Have a good trip. Drive free!

Jason_Stephen

• Like 1

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

>-------------------------------------------------------<

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

>-------------------------------------------------------<

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

In my opinion you could change lanes because obviously at the point where you are the line is not continuous. But you would have to wait for the player to let you pass and in any case since the player did not want you to enter the lane and the traffic on your roadway was no longer there, you could have continued on your way and re-entered before the road fork. Not having done so obviously you could be reported for blocking. The other player is right and not... because he caused a collision to keep you from entering the lane. So he too could probably be reported by collision but keep in mind that he had right of way. Obviously, if it is not for distraction, it is not fair to pass other players who are in line regularly and then return to the correct lane. 

• Like 1

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

I wouldn't worry about it unless you get banned. As you can use it to appeal.

That can typically be considered "Queue Cutting". However, you had your indicator on and saw a gap to do a safe merge. The other player rammed you just enough to make you "Block" the traffic.

Personally, i would venture away from CD. Less likely to be reported and you don't have to worry about others too often.

• Like 1

Here is what I see:

1. You need to switch lane to take the correct road.
  2. The left lane if full with a long queue.
  3. You stop several hundred meters before the junction. But we don't know exactly from the video where the queue started, even if we can see it didn't start where you are.
  4. You put your left signal to show you would like to switch.
  5. The traffic is moving and the player on your left does not move as if he wanted to let you in.
  6. You move in. And only once your truck (not the trailer) is moved on the left lane, the other player starts moving
  7. Another player behind (not the one just behind you) was using his/her horn to complain because the other didn't move quickly enough and left a gap. So he/she wrote in the chat he/she recorded you (in other words, you would be reported). We don't know exactly for which reason.
  8. The player behind you doesn't stop and starts ramming into your truck
  9. When the traffic moves again, you cannot move because the other is blocking you.
  10. You eventually manage to unblock yourself and move

To me there are 2 offenses here:

1. First one, which is very minor and would probably only deserve a kick: you didn't try merging when the queue started and jumped slightly the queue (even if you didn't go till the end)
  2. Second one, which is unacceptable: the other player didn't accept that you use the space he left to merge and rammed into your truck which ended up blocking both lanes!

If I was a GM I would do nothing just because the first offense comes from you but doesn't deserve a ban. If you didn't jump the queue, maybe the other player wouldn't have reacted that way (even if you should never react like that).

• Like 1

There is not enough context, we don't see directions that both of you were coming from - if it was same direction or not and it don't really matter.  It's very likely, this player did see you as overtaking by taking advantage of the other lane and skipping queue that others were patiently waiting in. Other players in front of you in the right lane obviously had the same idea, making situation even worse by blocking both lanes when they try bullying their way back to the left lane, and this causes traffic jams like this in the first place.

The right thing to do is stay in the lane you know you need to be in, if there is slow moving or stopped trafic in front of you, and be patient, even if the other lanes going in different direction are free. You are not going to impress anyone by being smart and you get treated accordingly when attempting to merge back in front of someone who has been waiting.

I don't say this is what you have done, because there isn't enough context, but it's most likely what really happened here, and it's really common practice among this "fine" community.

If I am right, then think about it like this: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Deadwilk I watched your video several timed and I think there is no fault of yours here, As it is seen at the begening of the video, you have already turned on the signal to pass the left lane and there is a large traffic, the other player has to give way to you. First he gave way to you and then obviously got angry with you, but the other player seems to be ramming into you here. İn my opinion that player should be penalized for breaking the (Ramming) rule. 

Kind Regards, Signore Luca. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 10:45 AM, Deadwilk said:

Is the thing i had done is wrong i need more pov's about this.
the video

I dont think that you have acted against the rules.
However, I also do not think that you have reacted very good.
It was not clear that the guy was gonna leave you the space to change the lanes and you just "pressed" yourelf into the gap.
This behavior can be annoying to someone who always has to let others in.
I would have waited for a clear signal that I can change the lanes. It also seemed like there were no other drivers interested in going straight at the left lane.
So you would have had time until the end of the lane to merge with the other.
And if there is no gap until then: You are the one merging in so you have to wait.
I think that you could have acted better and the other guy could have acted better as well.

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator + Support