Showing a Number of active Player Bans

I would like to suggest adding something to show the number of current bans.

It's the same as showing how many players are currently online. I am personally very interested in how many are currently banned. This is to get a sense of how many players are banned and how much work game moderators are doing. I want to know the differents between online player, tmp players and banned players.

Private information such as TruckersMP ID or name should not be displayed, just a number. The same as with how many players are currently online on which servers etc.

I just want to see the comparison between the total players and banned players out of interest.
So to get a general feel for the system/ban/report system of TruckersMP.
Whether it has to be an advantage for the community is not my intention, just as it is not my intention to "expose" others because of their bans

I hope this is explained sympathetically and I have no bad intentions against the TruckersMP team or other players.

Advantage for the community can be to get a feel and comparison for the topic "Ban" or "ban system" of truckersMP.
That can also answer some questions why the report system is so high. maybe 🙂

e.g.
Online Players: 6 780 (Whole TruckersMP)
Registered users: 5,000,000 ...(only an example!)

Banned Players: 574 (i dont know, really, thats why i suggest this)
Simulation 1: 3 597

Simulation 2: 386

• Upvote 5

Hello truckers. 

That number of 5 million registered players will actually be much less than we think. 

Many players no longer play. If we go to see the activity in the forum and attention very few players are registered in the forum many haven't been to the forum for many years. So of the 5 million players if half are active is already very good, even so I doubt it. 

3 hours ago, 'Matheja said:

Algo assim é realmente inútil, você quer controlar os administradores, mas os líderes moderadores do jogo fazem esses controles. Em vez de coisas tão pequenas, prefiro que você ofereça coisas mais úteis e úteis para o tmp mais abrangente .

It wasn't control but knowing the numbers to be able to improve the TMP. And give our ideas. Because there is a lot of lack of transparency in the TMP. And we had such a case in the past. 

• Upvote 3

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your suggestion.

Let me give you my personal thoughts on the suggestions you have made.
I have some positive thoughts about this. Because we can get a lot of statistics from this.
As Foobrother said earlier, we will be able to know the statistical ratio.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Languages: EN / KRN / JAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

Personally, I disagree with this.

Why do we want to know these numbers when instead of TruckersMP's Devs spending time writing codes for this proposal, they can focus on writing codes or developing other better goals. Instead of spending time on tracking ban numbers, developers could direct their attention towards writing codes or pursuing other development goals that could enhance the game further. 

Additionally, knowing the number of bans does not provide detailed information about the specific reasons for the bans or the individuals involved. It's true that the numbers alone do not offer a comprehensive understanding of the situations that led to the bans or the impact on the community. In this sense, the ban numbers can indeed be seen as limited in their ability to provide meaningful insights. Instead, you can see how many people are currently in the game, I think that's enough.

• 3 months later...
On 5/30/2023 at 9:30 PM, LupiTimon said:

I would like to suggest adding something to show the number of current bans.

It's the same as showing how many players are currently online. I am personally very interested in how many are currently banned. This is to get a sense of how many players are banned and how much work game moderators are doing. I want to know the differents between online player, tmp players and banned players.

Private information such as TruckersMP ID or name should not be displayed, just a number. The same as with how many players are currently online on which servers etc.

I just want to see the comparison between the total players and banned players out of interest.
So to get a general feel for the system/ban/report system of TruckersMP.
Whether it has to be an advantage for the community is not my intention, just as it is not my intention to "expose" others because of their bans

I hope this is explained sympathetically and I have no bad intentions against the TruckersMP team or other players.

Advantage for the community can be to get a feel and comparison for the topic "Ban" or "ban system" of truckersMP.
That can also answer some questions why the report system is so high. maybe 🙂

e.g.
Online Players: 6 780 (Whole TruckersMP)
Registered users: 5,000,000 ...(only an example!)

Banned Players: 574 (i dont know, really, thats why i suggest this)
Simulation 1: 3 597

Simulation 2: 386

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and start this suggestion. After looking into your suggestion closer, I'm not really confident that this type of suggestion would be an improvement to our current systems. While it would be nice to get more insights to staistics, I can't really see that bringing this out would benefit anyone except their curiousity. With this being said, I'm gonig to decline this suggestion for now as It won't really improve anything and is only a curiosity aspect. Even though we're not going to accept this on this occasion, I'd still like to say thanks for taking the time to start the discussions on an idea to improve the experience of TruckersMP.

Kind Regards,
Fezz98
TruckersMP Game Moderation Manager

• Like 1