Why is the speed limiter 110, not 120KM/h?

Ali Fidan

What is the reason for this? I mean the reason why it's 110, I'm a careful driver and I've been driving for a long time. But I don't want to be limited to 110 and the other servers don't appeal to me. If you say what is the difference between 110 and 120, it feels faster. Since I do a lot of long-distance driving, 110 gets boring after a while. 

I mean, what was the reason for the management's decision at 110? Did I miss something?

• True Story 1

I don't know but maybe you can find the answer here. Maybe they thought it was more suitable for generating the trucking environment.
https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/86147-road-to-simulation/

Also there are many replies about this changes, you can reasons here. 😄

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

>-------------------------------------------------------<

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

The top speed that trucks are legally allowed in all of the countries included in ETS2 is 110 Km/h (speed limit for trucks on highways in Romania). There is not one single county in Europe where trucks can drive faster than 110 Km/h legally.

However, this was not the reason for the 110 Km/h limit. Before Road to Simulation, servers were EU#1 with 90 Km/h speed limit, EU#2 with 150 Km/h speed limit. When TruckersMP decided to implement the "Road to Simulation" changes, they made all collision enabled servers have a 110 Km/h speed limit as a "compromise" that would (expectedly) satisfy both the players who want to drive by the road rules and those who like more speed.

With "Back to basics", "Road to Simulation" was removed and all collision enabled servers (except Simulation 1) got speed limits of 150 Km/h. Allegedly, because that's what a majority of the players wanted. Months later, a clear majority of the players keep using the 110 Km/h limited server, though. Maybe if "Back to basics" had been for real, changing Simulation 1 limit back to 90 Km/h, that majority would have switched to other servers. Or maybe not.

But, ridiculous as it is, some players keep using the ONLY server with 110 Km/h limit and whining about being "slow". How pathetic can that be?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ali Fidan said:

What is the reason for this? I mean the reason why it's 110, I'm a careful driver and I've been driving for a long time. But I don't want to be limited to 110 and the other servers don't appeal to me. If you say what is the difference between 110 and 120, it feels faster. Since I do a lot of long-distance driving, 110 gets boring after a while. 

I mean, what was the reason for the management's decision at 110? Did I miss something?

It's hard to understand that you're playing a simulation game and not a racing game isn't it? Have you ever seen trucks going 110kmh in real life? I haven't,never. The 110kmh limit for my opinion is still too high and on Simulation 1 it should be set at 90kmh.
If you want to race a little more,there is Simulation 2 there you can go up to 150kmh (unrealistic and nosense).
If you want to race like on F1,you have to play on Single Player and playing with mods,that makes your truck engine over powered...
But the question is...what do you find cool about racing with a truck??...I still have a hard time understanding it...did they make trucks that go 90? and 90 they have to go!

This is a SIMULATOR game NOT A RACING GAME!! Is written in the name of the Game and in the name of the Server you join to play...

• Upvote 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

Game balance and stability:

TruckersMP is a multiplayer mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, where multiple players share the game world.

By setting the speed limit to 110 km/h, it helps maintain a relatively consistent speed for all players, ensuring balance and stability within the game. This helps regulate traffic flow and minimizes collisions or chaos.

Alignment with real-world regulations:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator aim to simulate real roads and traffic rules. In many countries, the maximum allowed speed on highways is limited to 110 km/h.

Therefore, setting this speed limit in TruckersMP helps maintain the realism of the game and align with real-world regulations.

• Like 2
  • Woah! 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

13 hours ago, &#x27;AboutViki. said:

It's hard to understand that you're playing a simulation game and not a racing game isn't it? Have you ever seen trucks going 110kmh in real life? I haven't,never. The 110kmh limit for my opinion is still too high and on Simulation 1 it should be set at 90kmh.
If you want to race a little more,there is Simulation 2 there you can go up to 150kmh (unrealistic and nosense).
If you want to race like on F1,you have to play on Single Player and playing with mods,that makes your truck engine over powered...
But the question is...what do you find cool about racing with a truck??...I still have a hard time understanding it...did they make trucks that go 90? and 90 they have to go!

This is a SIMULATOR game NOT A RACING GAME!! Is written in the name of the Game and in the name of the Server you join to play...

Brother, calm down. I didn't say I wanted to go with 170. Why did I say 110 and not 120? You said for me, "if you want to compete, go to another server or play offline," and I'm saying the same for you. No one has to come after you with 90. 

2 hours ago, Ali Fidan said:

Brother, calm down. I didn't say I wanted to go with 170. Why did I say 110 and not 120? You said for me, "if you want to compete, go to another server or play offline," and I'm saying the same for you. No one has to come after you with 90. 

I already answered you. This is a simulator game and not a racing game. Read again what i've said before..I don't see any reason to go single player,since this game was born as a simulator and not as a racing game..here who is in the wrong path are all those who think like you... kind regards enjoy your racing game...

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

Hello, 

First of all thank you for taking the time to do this question. 

In this game you are not the only player and even if you are the most cautious truck driver of the others, the rule applies to everyone and having the speed limited to others... It also applies to you. I respect the rules and I like to drive without risking accident for other players, but I think 110 km/h is already a lot, especially on some streets like C-D where there are many players. Obviously this is a simulation video game and not a rally, so it's normal not to increase speed and it seems right to me to stay at 110 km/h maximum.

Kind Regards

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

17 hours ago, &#x27;AboutViki. said:

I already answered you. This is a simulator game and not a racing game. Read again what i've said before..I don't see any reason to go single player,since this game was born as a simulator and not as a racing game..here who is in the wrong path are all those who think like you... kind regards enjoy your racing game...

Well take care of yourself, have a nice ride.

Friends, I got the necessary answers and I understood why 110 was decided. Thanks. Continue with 110. 🤗

43 minutes ago, Ali Fidan said:

Well take care of yourself, have a nice ride.

Friends, I got the necessary answers and I understood why 110 was decided. Thanks. Continue with 110.🤗

This is a very difficult question to answer, because based on the answers given by other users, it seems like the 110kph was decided by the staff, that is to say 110kph was probably just designed to have players over the 90kph limit (my guess), as to why not 100 and 120, I'm afraid you can only find the answer from the link I provided or only the staff at that time. On observation, it seems that the previous 110kph decision did not have the same investigation and consultation as this 150kph server opening, so it seems like a mystery.

As for the problems between simulated driving and racing, which seems that wasnot the topic of this topic, you can ignore them. (´•ω•̥`)

• Like 1

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

First of all, hello!

Even if you drive the car as carefully as you want, not everyone can drive as carefully as you do, and since this game is a simulation game, it tries to reflect this to reality. In real life, the probability of seeing a truck spinning at 110km/h is very low, and one of the most important factors is to minimize accidents.

Best Regards

ΛRDΛ K~

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Like 1