Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Ford Trucks

1 hour ago, Deadwilk said:

Suggestion Name: Ford Trucks

Suggestion Description:  Adding ford trucks as a mod to the TMP 

Any example images: 

Why it should be added: Ford have such good and beatiful trucks;driving them in the tmp would be so good.

You should contact and suggest this at SCS Software, the company that make Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.

• Upvote 1

There's no "Skoda" actually, it's "Scout" and it's based on one of the NPC vehicles already in the game, that's why it doesn't require any additional license. I guess that they could add a new truck and name it Phard or similar instead of Ford, to avoid licensing issues, SCS used to do that in ETS and on the first days of ETS2, when they didn't have all brands licensed yet (Valiant instead of Volvo, Majestic instead of Mercedes and so on), but SCS are the game developers and TruckersMP only a mod, so I have no idea about the legal implications that could arise by adding a truck that doesn't exist in the game.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

There's no "Skoda" actually, it's "Scout" and it's based on one of the NPC vehicles already in the game, that's why it doesn't require any additional license. I guess that they could add a new truck and name it Phard or similar instead of Ford, to avoid licensing issues, SCS used to do that in ETS and on the first days of ETS2, when they didn't have all brands licensed yet (Valiant instead of Volvo, Majestic instead of Mercedes and so on), but SCS are the game developers and TruckersMP only a mod, so I have no idea about the legal implications that could arise by adding a truck that doesn't exist in the game.

I would assume it's fine as long as there's no branding (logo/name). Rockstar uses their own off brands for real vehicles. Just look at 18 Wheels of Steel. SCS got into huge legal trouble for using real brands without a license.

• 5 months later...

The best way for this to happen would be SCS Software adding the Ford F-Max to their game natively. 

Of course, a mod exists, but for us to support it we'd have to guarantee that it would get quick updates for the foreseeable future. Permanently supporting mods takes a lot of time and effort, particularly core mods like trucks, as we have to determine the longevity.

• 2 months later...