Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Dynamic in-game report priority

djoh

Suggestion Name: Dynamic in-game report priority

Suggestion Description: Dynamic in-game report priority depending on amount of submitted reports.

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: 

Imagine a situation: a player goes AFK, his truck rolls on the road and they block everyone else. The chances of report system actually helping in that moment is minimal - there are 100 active reports on average on Sim1. The only choice is just to wait for a Game Moderator to come to the scene, but this can take some time too.

With this system, the more people report that specific player, the higher the initial report will be in the report list, so the chances of that report actually helping will be much higher.

While this might be abusive (I have no idea how but who knows 😅), I don't think it will hurt that much.

DISCLAIMER

Props to @Coolieboy in this post. (Tbf I thought of this earlier, but just saw that post so I think it would be nice to mention them)

• Upvote 3

prioritizing some reports may cause some confusion, but in any case, the reports of the reported players will be looked at in any case, but the intervention of the administrators in instantaneous events will be late, and it would be most logical to record and report it to prevent this.

so what you suggest is that convoys have more priority then a single player who also report someone. based on the amount votes on 1 players vs reporters.

this will be heavy abused and this will make no sense towards others players who report perpetrators.

besides the team is using is FiFo on reports, as come first in first out. 

• Upvote 1

There's already a system in place that lets you know if an in game report has been made against that player. Unless they changed it over the last few years. Plus, the tab menu causes FPS lag in higher pop areas.

If everybody would stop treating CD like bugs do to lights at night, they wouldn't need to report as often.

Plus, the player blocking would eventually be AFK kicked and would have a few web reports made against them.

On 5/26/2023 at 5:15 PM, djoh said:

With this system, the more people report that specific player, the higher the initial report will be in the report list, so the chances of that report actually helping will be much higher.

While this might be abusive (I have no idea how but who knows 😅), I don't think it will hurt that much.

The system can be abused by a group of players agreeing to specifically report another player.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how it can be abused. A report still needs to be approved by a moderator before action can be taken. 
Also, what's the point of seeing a user who has been blocking the road for half an hour being banned two weeks later? You've still been waiting there with many others for that half hour. With this new suggestion, and with the help of many reports, it would be able to get rid of this user who is blocking the road for many people, very quickly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

320068038_role_EventTeam.png | Coolieboy image.png.c81aeeba7d346c29c876fa6ae8778b53.png
Twitch | YouTube | Cool Convoys | VTC

13 hours ago, Coolieboy said:

I don't see how it can be abused. A report still needs to be approved by a moderator before action can be taken. 
Also, what's the point of seeing a user who has been blocking the road for half an hour being banned two weeks later? You've still been waiting there with many others for that half hour. With this new suggestion, and with the help of many reports, it would be able to get rid of this user who is blocking the road for many people, very quickly. 

hows is going to work when a report needs to be approved by a moderator if that time perhaps no moderator in-game ? 

live moderation is almost not possible to overwatch a populair road like C-D, there is still reports to do in-game and waiting to be handled.

I do understand the frustration on sitting in big line to wait long before you can continue but that is the risk you take when driving on a populair road. 

Again the FiFo system is in place.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 4:15 AM, Coolieboy said:

How it can be abused

1. Player Targeting. Anybody can view a profile and change out the tmp id with another and check the map to see if they are in an ideal spot. The same thing can happen to those who stream.
  2. CD Location Camping. Duisburg Gas Station, Calais Repair Shop/City Exit Lights, CD Road Gas Stations can all be camped by somebody parking off the road and using free camera to watch for anybody causing problems. And, all they have to do is type " " (nothing) to not be afk kicked.
  3. Too many high priority reports. CD Road is going to have multiple reports on some players that are going to be tied. While staff still has to approve them, they still have to go through them (similar to the mail).
  4. Every report can be labeled as "High Priority" when it isn't. Waiting in queues and being hit sucks. But, anybody can report anybody and just say "mine should be dealt with first, even though i filed it 2 seconds ago while in this queue for 45 minutes of moving at 5 then 20 then 1 then 20 then 5 KMH.

At least with web reports, it goes in the order of reports from oldest to recent. Ensuring that no report is left pending, even if it takes 2 weeks (because most of sim 1 can't be bothered to play the game normally and not always use cd road).

11 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Every report can be labeled as "High Priority" when it isn't. Waiting in queues and being hit sucks. But, anybody can report anybody and just say "mine should be dealt with first, even though i filed it 2 seconds ago while in this queue for 45 minutes of moving at 5 then 20 then 1 then 20 then 5 KMH.

I can't understand any of other 3 points so I'm quoting this.

You don't understand how I meant priorities to work: the more reports a player gets, the higher priority the initial report will have. You can't choose priority of the report when reporting, but it will gradually increase as more people report the same person.