Remove the Speed Limit on the highway on Simulation 2 Server

Simulation 2 is a great server for free roam. TMP in fact is actually a great game to play as a free roam. I'd argue that this is the greatest strength of TMP. For me personally, Convoy mode of ETS2 is superior to TMP for the simulation aspect of the game (given the traffic and mods) and that won't probably change in the near future. But i always come back to TMP for the free roam and the added variety of vehicles in it as well as the map improvements.

Recently i also discovered the smaller car and i have to say that you've done a great job with it. You even simulated the shaking that smaller cars suffer from at high speeds (Assuming that was intentional). Anyway, I don't think that Simulation 2 needs a Speed limit especially in its current state and it's always frustrating reaching the speed limit knowing that your vehicle has more strength in it. Please do consider removing it entirely from the highway. It will make car driving even more fun.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Simulation 2 is a great server for free roam. TMP in fact is actually a great game to play as a free roam. I'd argue that this is the greatest strength of TMP. For me personally, Convoy mode of ETS2 is superior to TMP for the simulation aspect of the game (given the traffic and mods) and that won't probably change in the near future. But i always come back to TMP for the free roam and the added variety of vehicles in it as well as the map improvements.

Recently i also discovered the smaller car and i have to say that you've done a great job with it. You even simulated the shaking that smaller cars suffer from at high speeds (Assuming that was intentional). Anyway, I don't think that Simulation 2 needs a Speed limit especially in its current state and it's always frustrating reaching the speed limit knowing that your vehicle has more strength in it. Please do consider removing it entirely from the highway. It will make car driving even more fun.

Agree with you. the best option to be realized. And you're adding this only to the highway, so why not? Lots of players still driving on the Road Of Idiots, and there's no highways. I don't think the players that don't drive on the Road of Idiots would mind this idea.

1 minute ago, Be4rdy said:

Its in the name, if you want go faster go to arcade or better still play single player. 

Lots of players still driving on the Road Of Idiots, and there's no highways. I don't think the players that don't drive on the Road of Idiots would mind this idea.

1 minute ago, Be4rdy said:

Its in the name, if you want go faster go to arcade or better still play single player. 

I'm sure that you're driving on the DC road and didn't even understand what that one person asked for.

2 hours ago, XxQufDezxX said:

Agree with you. the best option to be realized. And you're adding this only to the highway, so why not? Lots of players still driving on the Road Of Idiots, and there's no highways. I don't think the players that don't drive on the Road of Idiots would mind this idea.

Lots of players still driving on the Road Of Idiots, and there's no highways. I don't think the players that don't drive on the Road of Idiots would mind this idea.

I'm sure that you're driving on the DC road and didn't even understand what that one person asked for.

Make a sentence that is understandable because you just seem to be mashing the keyboard in the hopes that something has been said

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

is not feasible to remove the limit from the highways, the amount of time they will spend it is not worth, their time would be much appreciated on much important things.

and besides the car at high speed is simply almost impossible to control it will flip easily.

Well, ETS2 map offers large straights where higher speeds than 150 km/h can be accomplished without losing control. Scandinavian highways are an example. And I'm assuming that if it's easy to make the speed limit outside of cities 110 or 150 km/h, it's will be just as easy to remove it.

22 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Let me see... You want to drive cars, on highways, faster than 150 Km/h. I can only think that you chose the wrong game.

The developers have made efforts to add car models in the game. These cars are able to reach speeds higher than 150 km/h and TMP provides good physics as well as a nice map for free roam. The only problem I see here is that you think that there's only one way to enjoy the game and any person that deviates from that playstyle has chosen the wrong game.

5 hours ago, MZ-Aria. said:

If you want to drive a car at a speed exceeding 150 kilometers per hour on the highway, you can go to play pick-up. The situation you mentioned is very dangerous and constitutes bad behavior, which I think is unreasonable

I want to drive a car that can possibly exceed the 150 km/h at certain points like large straights in a server that averages ~250 players on a daily basis in a gigantic map where coming across another player is a small possibility. Maybe you're just reckless when you drive at higher speeds and assume that everyone drives like you....

It seems to me that many people in here share the mindset that just because a certain speed is possible to be reached, it will always be reached under any circumstances.

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

The developers have made efforts to add car models in the game. These cars are able to reach speeds higher than 150 km/h and TMP provides good physics as well as a nice map for free roam. The only problem I see here is that you think that there's only one way to enjoy the game and any person that deviates from that playstyle has chosen the wrong game.

The developers also made efforts to provide Arcade servers without speed limits, use those, the highways will be as crowded (empty) as in Simulation 2, so you shouldn't see any difference (other than the speed).

But yes, I do believe that someone who chooses a game with "Truck Simulator" in its name when what they want is to drive cars at high speeds, definitely chose the wrong game. There are different games for different playstyles, you wouldn't ask for a NFS series game to have speed limits and strict road rules, right?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The developers also made efforts to provide Arcade servers without speed limits, use those, the highways will be as crowded (empty) as in Simulation 2, so you shouldn't see any difference (other than the speed).

I will see a difference if i want to drive with other people. The lack of collision kills immersion.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

But yes, I do believe that someone who chooses a game with "Truck Simulator" in its name when what they want is to drive cars at high speeds, definitely chose the wrong game. There are different games for different playstyles, you wouldn't ask for a NFS series game to have speed limits and strict road rules, right?

Like i said, the developers have clearly decided to include cars as well as buses in a game called Truck Simulator. Perhaps they should switch the name from TruckersMp to driving simulator because you all seem confused from the title despite the nature of the game going against to what you believe.

Just to defend you. I do not like the "you choose the wrong game" mentality; I think it's toxic. People seem to be in the camp of forcing people how to play. If there's no one around it doesn't matter how you play.

I completely understand following lights, or stop signs when players are around. That makes sense. You can do both.

People say "it's a simulation," but IRL you can go as fast as you want. I don't like the speed limits, I think there shouldn't be any; besides the popular roads or cities, since that makes sense.

My mentality is that it's a game, just don't disrupt the players that do want to take it more seriously. I drive 80mph everywhere, but that's not in Sim1 of course.

No matter the speed limits there will always be trolls. And people don't recognize no driving game is like ETS2 or ATS; "my way or no way." Just mad because people aren't playing the game like they want them to. I understand being mad at trolls, but you can drive what people call "reckless" and still follow all rules when needed. If the rules stated that all traffic rules had to be followed at all times, then they'd have a good point.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

From the rules: "Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS".

Realize (or know) that I've read the entirety of in-game rules, yesterday. Know for sure what you are talking about, before you just attempt to be correct.

"Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws, and signage, and local lane closures represented by smart signs (see §2.7) may result in a punishment. Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area."

And pay attention to what I said "If the rules stated that all traffic rules had to be followed at all times, then they'd have a good point." These traffic rules do not have to be followed at all times. I'm not arguing opinion, I'm stating fact.

• Upvote 1