Through Highways (City Speedlimits Removed)

Suggestion Name: Through Highways (City Speedlimits Removed)

Suggestion Description: Through Highways should have City-Speedlimits removed from them.

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: When going through cities, I feel the city speed limit should not apply to through-highway traffic. Some cities, yes. But for reference I play on the Promods server. And it just ruins the immersion.

Immersion? That's probably the least likely word I would use to describe TruckersMP and its empty roads.

I guess, enjoy these leftovers from the days of "road to simulation" now, that simulation is only in the name of the servers, ironically.

If you have problem with speed limit being lower than posted limit, or truck highway limit, report a bug.

I would like to remind you that this is a simulation game and not a racing game...the limits that are already there is right to be there,in fact in my opinion they should be restricted to 90kmh for everyone at least on Simulation 1... it is right that in the cities the limit should be reduced as it is in reality...you cannot pass through the city or the center at 90 or 110kmh for example...then since everyone is careful and respects the signs,the precedences,the traffic lights etc...

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

1 hour ago, .Alizée. said:

the bug is mostly present in the iberia dlc
the highway is limited to 80 :80:but since it passes over a city it is limited to 60 it is so frustrating and this must be corrected

Yes, there are some lowered speed limits (down to 80 and then 60 or 50km/h) in spain that only apply to the rightmost lane exiting highway, but more often than note affecting passing lanes as well.

I haven't played in TMP for past two months, but there were few notable places, present for ages, where you are limited to 60km/h, despite the real limit being 80 or 90km/h - the highway passing Odense in Denmark and highway passing Bayonne in southern France. In ATS, there were also few of these, like the interstate passing Idaho Falls.

Can't really say if the issue persist in these places, but these are all bugs and should be reported through feedback, however from my experience, even if you do that, bug reported by players like this will largely be ignored - in order for a bug to appear in bug section of the forum, it has to be confirmed by staff, a weird choice of policy, if you ask me. Your best bet is to keep buggering about each individual instance of the bug in the Development Announcements section, in each post when new version is released.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Deadwilk said:

I think speed limit genuily should be increased cause lets say u want to overtake someone cause of the speed limit it makes it so much more harder to do it.

Agree. Like let's be honest, lots of trucks/cars in the real life are increasing their speed higher than the speed limit - So to make it more realistic, they should do the same in the game.

On 5/24/2023 at 5:37 AM, 'AboutViki. said:

I would like to remind you that this is a simulation game and not a racing game...the limits that are already there is right to be there,in fact in my opinion they should be restricted to 90kmh for everyone at least on Simulation 1... it is right that in the cities the limit should be reduced as it is in reality...you cannot pass through the city or the center at 90 or 110kmh for example...then since everyone is careful and respects the signs,the precedences,the traffic lights etc...

This is why I specified "Through Highways" which just happen to go through the city, but you're still on a Highway; just that the highway happens to be subject to the city speedlimit for some reason.

I am generally against the speed limit, though that's a different argument. Whether Sim1 or Promod (which I play on), the Speed Limit should stay consistent as long as you are on a physical highway. If you are going through a city physically, then I think the city speed limit is fine to apply. It would have to be implemented with discretion used, because sometimes the city speed limit is appropriate.

This is what I mean by "through highway" ap_photo_cross_bronxexpressway_12192022

On 5/24/2023 at 7:55 AM, Deadwilk said:

I think speed limit genuily should be increased cause lets say u want to overtake someone cause of the speed limit it makes it so much more harder to do it.

A safe overtaking maneuver requires the overtaking vehicle to drive at a significantly higher speed than the vehicle being overtaken.

If both vehicles drive at the same speed, overtaking is impossible.

Therefore, increasing the server speed limit doesn't make overtaking easier, because both vehicles can still drive at the same (higher) speed.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...