What do you think about players who are constantly traveling at 110 km/h on C-D road?

I have to admit that until a few years ago I used to do that too...after I almost risk ban because I took a corner a little too fast than expected,I stopped doing that and started taking this game a little more seriously and always drive at 90kmh. Now I would tell you,as long as it doesn't cause me any problems I let them pass,but if someone bumps into me or puts me in extreme conditions I report it immediately even if they say sorry. This is a simulation game and not a racing game. Everyone should learn it,but I've seen that it's pretty hard to get it figured out....

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

I don't think its very smart to do when there's a lot of players online, I tend to set cruise control to 70km/h(~43mp/h) for 90% of the road and sometimes go faster when its safe.

The problem (imo) is that a lot of players set the stability to max so that they can just go full throttle and not think about how they are driving, the only risk they see since its next to impossible to flip that way is hitting someone else and they solve that by setting brake intensity very high (which ironically causes even more accidents usually).

It wouldn't be so bad if people kept a longer distance from the person in front, but its near impossible to get people to do that until lag sends them to space.

24H4oa0.jpg

As long as the fast player not causing any problem; going 110km is fine. but specially depends on the where u come but lets say u are going to duisburg after the first fuel station or before the train passby there are sharp corners from experience you can turn them between 70-90 depends on the driver. At least at the corners those players should slow down. 

• Like 1

Hello, there! 

Do you want to know my opinion? 

It's simple. Since this is a simulation server, I would say that somewhere even 110km/h may be more than they should be. As you mentioned the Calais-Duisburg road for example, here players don't think about slowing down at petrol stations for example where it's normally 50km/h and then are surprised to get banned for reckless driving. So I would recommend these players to finally think about the fact that this is not a racing game, but a simulator.
Therefore, I would say  that 70-90 km is a sufficient speed there. 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello!

Personally, in C-D road, should be at 90 km like @NoahTheGamer said, because this road has a lot of traffic and most occasions the collisions are due to going over the speed limit. It's true that there are areas where there isn't much traffic and you can accelerate a little more being aware of this type of roads and the danger that we can cause.

Obviously, the slower the speed, the longer it will take us to reach our destination, but I think that the users who drive on this road do not do it to get to their destination faster (they are aware of the traffic jams there are here), you also need to be patient. If they want to get to their destination sooner, they have the alternative highway.

Regards!

Chema.

Natürlich solltest du aufpassen, dass du andere Spieler nicht in Gefahr bringst. In Kurven / Tankstellen / Kreuzungen sollte man die Strecke nicht in eine Rennstrecke verwandeln, sondern ein sicheres Fahren für alle Spieler gewährleisten und vor allem die Vorfahrtsregeln beachten. Viele denken, dass sie alleine spielen und mögliche Befehle von anderen Spielern riskieren. Auf geraden Strecken fahre ich selbst 110 km/h, halte aber immer genug Abstand, damit mein Bremsweg länger ist, damit auch die Spieler hinter mir die Möglichkeit haben bremsen müssen. An Orten wie Tankstellen reduziere ich meine Geschwindigkeit meist auf 60 km/h, um Unfälle zu vermeiden

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

Many road sections are speed-limited to increase road safety. The road between Duisburg and Calais is no exception, where speed is limited to 50 km/h, 60 km/h, and 80 km/h, depending on the section and direction of travel. Considering these facts, driving along that road at a speed of 110 km/h is unsafe and dangerous.

I recommend to always follow local speed limits and adapt your speed to

• the traffic situation,
  • the weather situation,
  • the course of the road,
  • the truck, trailer and cargo, and
  • your driving experience.

• Upvote 2

As long as they don't break any rules or crash it's fine. Everyone plays this game in their own way. This game may be intented as a simulation, but it is clear the majority of players don't play as such as almost nobody follows the speed limit. And that's fine, just have fun playing!

Personally, I drive 110 as much as possible, but I have to slow down for the corners. This ofcourse depens on the cargo, as some tip easier than others.

• Upvote 1

It's kinda funny because it should be a simulation. Most of the trucks have a sticker somewhere that says the highest operational speed is 90 (as it should be). Yet, the simulation still feels like Nedd for Speed.

Also I find it funny that most people are doing 50 in the featured zone but as soon as they get onto the C-D road they vroooom 110 in a 60...

Regrettably, I am still unable to comprehend their intention. If their objective was to purchase a simulation game, then why do they classify it as a racing or driving game that typically involves exceeding the maximum speed limit, passing slower drivers, or navigating sharp turns at high speeds? Such actions are unnecessary as this is not a game akin to "Need for Speed".

• True Story 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Hello truckers. 

Well this is a long story that no matter how hard we try to resolve it, there will be no solution. 

Someone said going 110 is considered racing! Yes, in a truck game it is considered but if you make a report it will be denied, for the TMP it is not an infraction. 

Another one on the same road has several types of speed signs and no-passing signs but no one cares, not even the moderation team. Because these reports will be denied soon. 

Many players were not happy with the 110kmh according to the survey that TMP did, another 150kmh server was opened but from what we have seen there are not many players. 

Interesting indeed. I was just trucking along in a queue on C-D about an hour ago and someone decides they need to pass and sees an oncoming truck, you could probably guess what happens but I get shunted and of course I lose out haha. Missed the name to report and was quickly trying to call service as I was blocking. Always a tough one to police but some people are just insane.

Guest killiash

It's not about speed, but the brains of the player. You can drive at least 200 km / h but without harm to others, but alas, the reality is different.
Most children drive sloppy, don't even try to slow down when they can't overtake, intentionally ram and interfere.
Many people want to show how cool racers they are, but in reality this is not so.

It is also impossible to limit everyone to 90 km / h, since this is the choice of everyone, in reality there are also many heavy trucks that drive at 100-140 km / h.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 12:50 PM, P h o e n i x said:

I don't think its very smart to do when there's a lot of players online, I tend to set cruise control to 70km/h(~43mp/h) for 90% of the road and sometimes go faster when its safe.

The problem (imo) is that a lot of players set the stability to max so that they can just go full throttle and not think about how they are driving, the only risk they see since its next to impossible to flip that way is hitting someone else and they solve that by setting brake intensity very high (which ironically causes even more accidents usually).

It wouldn't be so bad if people kept a longer distance from the person in front, but its near impossible to get people to do that until lag sends them to space.

i have my stability to max, and brake intensity at half (i play with my controller since day 1 on ets2) and i do 90 km/h (or 100-110km/h when it's straight, clear and safe), but i always take corners at around 80-90 km/h and some impatient ppl just overtaking me at the corner and sometimes they causing accidents bc they are unwilling to use their L2/LT 😞