Remove Lights at Blocked Off Roads

Hi there,

I believe this could cause an issue with Promods as there may be roads accessible on that map whereas on the base map it will be blocked off.

Even if the above isn't an issue, personally I'd still prefer them to be in-game as it's realistic for them to be there.

5 minutes ago, Doniii said:

Hi there,

I believe this could cause an issue with Promods as there may be roads accessible on that map whereas on the base map it will be blocked off.

Even if the above isn't an issue, personally I'd still prefer them to be in-game as it's realistic for them to be there.

The point of my suggestion is to disable them for inaccessible roads that don't go anywhere. If it leads somewhere (like a company or to another road that can be travelled on), that's fine and it can stay. As seen in the image, if it is blocked off (with no way to access it), it shouldn't be there. No point in stopping.

This seems like it would take a LOT of manual work deciding which traffic lights should be on and which should be off (and doing that a few thousand times) because I don't see any way of automating that, even more for every time a DLC releases.

It would also probably require changes to the map itself to distinguish each set of lights for what should be on and what should be off to whatever system is in place to control the lights.

I think it would be better to have responsive traffic lights that change depending on who (and how many) is waiting where but it would still only save a few seconds most of the time.

24H4oa0.jpg

1 hour ago, Somehow Lucky said:

The point of my suggestion is to disable them for inaccessible roads that don't go anywhere. If it leads somewhere (like a company or to another road that can be travelled on), that's fine and it can stay. As seen in the image, if it is blocked off (with no way to access it), it shouldn't be there. No point in stopping.

I understand what your suggestion is, however I feel it'd be pointless for the change to be made. With the current way it's setup, if you see it pointless to stop at then ensure it's safe and pass through. As the others have said, it'd be a long manual process that wouldn't have much benefit to it.

3 hours ago, The Englishman said:

Seems like unnecessary work tbh....If they are pointless then just drive past them, the addon team are probably working on something more important anyway.

I agree, it's quite simple. 

• Like 1

Hello, I want to agree with you on this issue, but if we look at it as driving rules, even if the lights in the image you shared are forced to have the lights in the image you shared, even if the road is closed, we have to drive realistically, that is, the removal of lights on closed roads does not mean that we will be comfortable there. there should always be correct light rules. it should not be tolerated, it may cause an accident.✌️

9 hours ago, The Englishman said:

Seems like unnecessary work tbh....If they are pointless then just drive past them, the addon team are probably working on something more important anyway.

If it's more important, it sure is taking its sweet time coming out. Maybe the next Real Ops.

5 hours ago, Sinyordess. said:

Hello, I want to agree with you on this issue, but if we look at it as driving rules, even if the lights in the image you shared are forced to have the lights in the image you shared, even if the road is closed, we have to drive realistically, that is, the removal of lights on closed roads does not mean that we will be comfortable there. there should always be correct light rules. it should not be tolerated, it may cause an accident.✌️

Nobody is going to cause an accident going straight while following the road at speed. And no, nobody coming. Zero reason to wait one light cycle for the 20, or so, lights in the way.

6 hours ago, Dawn - DaPeng said:

Unuseful lights can be deleted

I second this. But, the replies want them to stay. They want to spend hours at them while waiting on no traffic that won't ever cross.

Hello trucker. 

Usually those kind of lights at the intersection that the only way you can go is straight ahead you can ignore them. Because you won't cause any accidents with other players. But if you have active fines you will receive one. Yes it is a bug problem. But there are problems we can solve first, and don't forget that TMP is still in beta, it's not the final product. 

Hello there,

First of all, implementing what you suggest will take a lot of time.

The reason is that an engineer who can handle the MAP editor on TruckersMP Add-On Team needs to change the properties of the traffic lights all over the map.
It is not possible to change Remove Lights by adding one logic, and it takes too much time to complete the work because I have to do it manually using the MAP editor, and I don't feel the need for this work.

Kind regards,

Werzey*

• Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

• 5 months later...

The TruckersMP rules allow you to ignore traffic lights if no other players are around / are affected by the status of the lights. This means that since there is currently no AI in TruckersMP, if you are at a junction where only one exit is open, traffic lights have less significant and can be ignored (conditions depending).

This would be an inefficient use of our time, as we'd have to manually select traffic lights to disable for no reason.