Dev Blog: Under the Hood of the Replication Framework

Thanks for spending the time to explain the current situation and challenges.

Would have been great to get some comments/insight about TMPs view on SCS convoy technology to know:

• if that's something that can simply be leveraged on TMP?
  • is it a different technology/solution to what TMP is implementing? Or is it the same?
  • do we have any contact/communication with SCS to collaborate and help on fixing these MMO/networking challenges?

I would be interested to know if objects like bins will be synced as well? Technically you can move/push a bin on the middle of the road but currently people don't see it. But once synced I can image some interesting scenarios coming up 😆

• Game Developer
1 hour ago, Foobrother said:

Thanks for spending the time to explain the current situation and challenges.

Would have been great to get some comments/insight about TMPs view on SCS convoy technology to know:

• if that's something that can simply be leveraged on TMP?
  • is it a different technology/solution to what TMP is implementing? Or is it the same?
  • do we have any contact/communication with SCS to collaborate and help on fixing these MMO/networking challenges?

I would be interested to know if objects like bins will be synced as well? Technically you can move/push a bin on the middle of the road but currently people don't see it. But once synced I can image some interesting scenarios coming up 😆

• We are unable to utilize the SCS convoys technology in TruckersMP due to multiple challenges. One significant obstacle is that the server application and the game application are not interconnected in any manner. Since technology is built-in into the game it cannot be simply used. Additionally, we lack knowledge regarding the performance of the convoys technology, both client and server side.
  • By design it is very similiar technology. However, we believe we can achieve more scalable and high-performing solution for our purposes.
  • We maintain general communication with SCS, but we do not have a collaborative partnership specifically to this subject matter.

I believe that objects like bins should be static geometry in the game that cannot be moved by player.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Woah! 2

l4Ki4X6aV2YY0bwKQ.gif

EXPLANATION IN KINDERGARTEN TERMS

The way the game currently works, information must constantly be sent back and forth between your computer and the TruckersMP network. Every split second a message must be created, sent, and received, telling where your truck is and what it is doing. The speed of these messages is largely dependent on the speed of your Wi-Fi and your computer, as well as how busy the TruckersMP server is. This is what leads to you randomly teleporting/bugging into another trucker or an AI vehicle. 

With the new system, the moment you log into the game a duplication of your truck and the world it is in will be recreated in its own session. This duplication will exist for as long as you are playing the game and only focus on the objects with which your truck can make physical contact (other players, AI, a tree, etc.), leading to faster and more simple communication between your computer and the network (and hopefully less de-sync between you and other players).

I'm still working on my degree in network architecture and could be completely wrong, but this was my interpretation of the post. Thanks :)

spacer.png

I didn't understand anything, but I was shocked, you know, cheer🥳

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

>-------------------------------------------------------<

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

>-------------------------------------------------------<

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho
On 5/9/2023 at 10:28 AM, MousemanLV said:

Functional AI traffic would be awesome to have. It would clear up the madness at the C-D route and the overall experience would be so much more immersive as it should be for a truck sim. Looking forward to where this takes the entire community. 

How can you say that AI will clear up the C-D road madness? 
The C-D road has been a monster mess for too long (several years) so honestly AI won't probably never stop it... Otherwise TMP would have implemented it long ago 😅 

I'm curious and excited to see this coming on TMP.... 😄