Driver Rating System

Suggestion Name: Driver Rating System

Suggestion Description: This is a system of "Rating" for each player based on his traffic offences and drive overhaul on TMP.

Any example images: N/D

Why should it be added?:

The game itself is provided of a system to detect crashes, crossing with red light and overspeed.
Why don't create a system of rating for each driver, with which every traffic offense subtracts points and each km/mile driven add points? 
It may be shown next or up to the name and have a color gradiation from green to red based on the rank.
May be a good system to tempt players to drive following rules, without forcing them and it's a good resource to know if another player, maybe behind or in front of us, is a dangerous driver.

These are some EXAMPLES:

Red light: -1 point when more then 5 players nearby
                 -3 points when more than 20 players nearby
Crash to player: -3 points
Crash to object: -1 point
Wrong Way: -1 point every 30 seconds
Speeding: -2 points (Speed Cameras putted is critical points, mapped in game and with alert signals)
Km / Mile travelled: +1 point every 150km / 90miles

POSSIBLE RANKS: (Min. -70 & Max. +70)

Dangerous driver | from -51 points to -70 points
Bad driver | from -21 to -50 points
Unskilled driver | from -1 to -20 points
Novice | 0 points (Neutral and starting rank)
Skilled driver | from +1 to +20 points
Master driver | from +21 to +50 points
Legendary driver | from +51 points to +70 points

Hope you like this idea and also if you don't like it, I love you guys!
Peace brothers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Awesome! 1

Hey !

Many people lose points when they are only the victim of a crash.. On the other hand, regarding speed, 90% of the players I meet on the Sim1 server all drive at 110, so in a round trip to Calais Duisburg everyone will necessarily be in negative x)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

@Lince. Yeah I support this idea, maybe for this idea it would be cool if each level have his own color, which we would have in the game under our in-game name 🙂 

Good luck 

Regards,

RedWolf_Plays

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

This might be great. I support it.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Hello, your suggestion is really very nice if I remember correctly, this kind of suggestion has been made before i hope that the authorities will see and implement this proposal that most people want

YunusD

KızılTürk™ VTC Owner

1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).webp.4e3c404c0e5f76900e725c8f26fa929f.webp

~ YunusD Yotube ~  ,   ~ YunusD Steam ~   ,   ~ World Of Trucks ~  ,  ~ KızılTürk™ VTC ~

I think this suggestion could be interesting, it would allow players to compete to get a better rank which brings a bit of fun to the game. The only concern I would have is in relation to the points system, how this would work based on a collision that wasn't your fault in addition to speeding as people travel faster regularly. 

Speeding is something I do, however never faster than 61mph as it allows me to track "Real Miles" on Trucky when logging my jobs for my VTC, and I believe a lot of people follow the same thing dependant on which Job Logger they use.

A poll regarding the amount of points per topic may be a good way to open this to a larger discussion.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Flaming. said:

What is the practicality of this? Would it just be for the sake of showing it on their profile? 

To show it or to know if the driver in front of you or behind you is a "bad driver" and be more careful with him to avoid incidents

16 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

how does the system gonna work actually if there is crash accidentally ? 

and what if you go downhill and overspeed ?  30 seconds seems short imo.

Of course mine are just examples to explain the idea of the system. I think tmp staff will be more qualified to set these parameters well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Granite said:

According to this suggestion, the following is possible: 

Drive 2000km within speed limits and ram 6 players along the way or hit something 19 times = 21 points - master driver.

Drive 82km/h on autobahn for 2000km (takes about 80 min in real time)= -160 points - terror of the roads.

Of course, how I explain before, mine are just examples to explain how the system can work. A better points economy may be created 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 2:01 PM, Juliia said:

Hey !

Many people lose points when they are only the victim of a crash.. On the other hand, regarding speed, 90% of the players I meet on the Sim1 server all drive at 110, so in a round trip to Calais Duisburg everyone will necessarily be in negative x)

Yes, you're correct. For the crashes question, I understand that sometimes you have right and some person may be at fault, but this case is a warn/ban situation. I was speaking about situations with a 50-50 responsability or a situation that is solvable in game. 
For the speed question, I propose it due to many people running 110kph in high traffic routes (c-d for example) or dangerous roads causing accidents just to get banned after few seconds. A good solution can be put limits (not physical limit but nominal ones) on these roads with large bright signs and enforce these limits with negative points?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lince. said:

To show it or to know if the driver in front of you or behind you is a "bad driver" and be more careful with him to avoid incidents

This system won't show who is a dangerous driver. If anything, this will punish players who still follow our rules but speed when it is safe and run red lights when no players are around. In all honesty, the majority of our players are not true simulation players so almost everyone will have a "bad" score. 

• HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 1

38 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

This system won't show who is a dangerous driver. If anything, this will punish players who still follow our rules but speed when it is safe and run red lights when no players are around. In all honesty, the majority of our players are not true simulation players so almost everyone will have a "bad" score. 

Mmm this is true... but what do you think if this system for traffic lights or speeding will work only when there are a certain number or players nearby?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lince. said:

Mmm this is true... but what do you think if this system for traffic lights or speeding will work only when there are a certain number or players nearby?

I don't see this getting implemented. There are more important things to be added, and this is a fairly pointless feature to be honest. There isn't much benefit here, you can easily tell if someone is a bad driver or not just by watching them. We seem to be moving away from true simulation, which is what the majority of our player base wants. 

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

4 hours ago, Flaming. said:

I don't see this getting implemented. There are more important things to be added, and this is a fairly pointless feature to be honest. There isn't much benefit here, you can easily tell if someone is a bad driver or not just by watching them. We seem to be moving away from true simulation, which is what the majority of our player base wants. 

"...you can easily tell if someone is a bad driver or not just by watching them"
Yes, sometimes. Sometimes may be too late. But the primary function of this system will be to create a reason for players to drive safe, it's like a deterrent.

Anyway i took all suggestions I received and edited the original idea. (This time following the suggestion forum rules that I forgot before! 😅)

• Like 1

For me your answer is completely incomplete and meaningless
1) Instead of saying no right away, why don't you suggest a different method also arguing the answer and how it could also be done in a different way by providing a valid argument. The "no, there are more important things" is not an answer but an air of superiority alone
2) So you're telling me that to understand if a player is bad I just have to look at him right? and if in the case in question that player has an unwanted collision with another player (due to a connection lag or other) and does not cause him damage, are you telling me that I should classify him as a bad player?

The proposal in question could be revised in some points, but it is not bad because it allows players but also moderators to understand if the person drives badly, because he wants to, or if he does it due to unwanted accidents

21 hours ago, Flaming. said:

I don't see this getting implemented. There are more important things to be added, and this is a fairly pointless feature to be honest. There isn't much benefit here, you can easily tell if someone is a bad driver or not just by watching them. We seem to be moving away from true simulation, which is what the majority of our player base wants. 

• Like 1