Ban VTC advertisement in chat.

Suggestion Name: Ban VTC advertisement in chat.

Suggestion Description: Banning the advertisement of VTC's in in-game chat.

Any example images: Not really a suggestion I can give a picture of...

Why it should be added:

Every time I join Truckers MP to do a drive, chat, or do anything of the sort, the chat is always spammed with illegible VTC advertisements that get really annoying and having a chat with anyone is near impossible. I'm not saying to ban VTC advertisement as a whole (that's just stupid), but at least ban it in in-game chat due to there being more 'official' ways of advertisement (such as the TMP discord or renting TFM(or other radio stations) advertisement slots) than spamming in-game chat and annoying the hell out of other people.

I'm really interested in other peoples thoughts, so please, anyone that has any constructive comments, please, comment and let your opinion known

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
  • HaulieCry 1

Genuinely, Ares

TruckerMP Player

Useful Links *

| TruckersMP Rules | Report a Player | My VTC |

I understand that it could be annoying, but even banning for a VTC adv seems a bit excessive for me... I personally spam the GPE adv sometimes but not to make it look like real spam... I send it when I enter a city , on the c-d when there are more than 20/50 players, so many can see it etc.. or when I'm traveling to and pass through some cities ...I can say I've seen from Turkish vtcs...they spam 5 messages per second...and that's really annoying...

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

So many VTC can't be restricted at all, as long as he doesn't send messages that violate the rules. If these messages make you uncomfortable, you can press F9 to hide the chat interface.

语言:中文 / 英文 |Discord:大鹏

TruckersMP 个人资料 |我的VTC |Steam 配置文件

见到你很高兴!

spacer.png  spacer.png

Hello @TruckerAres

I completely understand that their spam has been annoying you when you play the game.

However, while spam messages are already unacceptable, it's not realistic to ban them from the game altogether. I think it's too impractical to limit spam messages on a case-by-case basis.

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

Maybe it works better if the system is similar to voice, when someone gets annoying in the CB you just mute it, that could also apply for game chat, If someone sends several messages for a short time, have the option to mute that person (that you simply do not see the messages of that specific user) 🤨

On 5/5/2023 at 7:08 PM, Flaming. said:

Spamming messages is not allowed already, but banning them entirely in game is not really realistic. In all honesty, we have more important things to worry about than someone posting a harmless message about a VTC

Perhaps make a gag system where anyone who, typing the same sentences for as more than two/three times as this person is incapable of typing anything after that. This may reduce the amount of people spamming VTC advertising or even spamming messages anyway. Of course, not everyone will be able to change a word of the same sentence every time he/she writes it in the VTC advertising to avoid spamming for sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Awesome! 1

Hello, Iagree with you on this issue because 7 out of 10 messages are such advertising messages. this is annoying and it is not nice to see the same messages all the time , it would be more logical to make these advertising messages through a platform or through a special text channel on the discord server and not cause chat pollution.

Hello, I fully understand your feelings
I think promoting VTC news is inevitable. There are many VTCs in the game that cannot be restricted at once, which is impossible. I have also seen those messages before, but as long as they are not constantly sent, it is enough

Solution: You can press F9 to hide the dialog box

Kind regards
Aria.

There should be some moderation on it but i don't think it should be banned. Many small VTC's could struggle without it (adverts on radio and in discords are just as effective as they still require someone to click or tab out and look it up.) Personally I think there should be adverts that appear on the website that VTCs can advertise on (replacing some of the current ones that are visible for non-patreon users) as it makes adverts more relevant and promotes the use of the VTC system

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

• 2 weeks later...
Guest killiash

This is a stupid decision.
There are not so many ads in the game chat, it does not interfere with communication, ads are very rarely abused.
Better pay attention how many spam "rec".

Hello there! 🙂 

Thank you for creating this suggestion. 

According to your idea you would ban all the adverts in the game which that I totally disagree. what I thought about is that it would be a good idea to add an option in the game that these ads will only be seen by those who enable it in the game tab TAB SETTINGS - > Enable VTC advertisements - > and each player that would like to post their advert would have to write this command into chat /advertisement or something like that. What do you think about? 

Thank you for reply! 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

• Upvote 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

9 hours ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

what I thought about is that it would be a good idea to add an option in the game that these ads will only be seen by those who enable it in the game tab TAB SETTINGS - > Enable VTC advertisements - > and each player that would like to post their advert would have to write this command into chat /advertisement or something like that. What do you think about?

I agree - make visibility of advertisements in chat an option for players to turn on or off is a fair solution for everybody.

• True Story 1

Guest killiash
12 hours ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Hello there! 🙂 

According to your idea you would ban all the adverts in the game which that I totally disagree. what I thought about is that it would be a good idea to add an option in the game that these ads will only be seen by those who enable it in the game tab TAB SETTINGS - > Enable VTC advertisements - > and each player that would like to post their advert would have to write this command into chat /advertisement or something like that. What do you think about? 

Thank you for reply! 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

In this case, it is better to add the /mute (id) command, so that not only the voice chat would be blocked, but also the written one.🙂

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2023 at 9:57 PM, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Hello there! 🙂 

Thank you for reply! 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

I really think that this is a great idea and something that should be really considered adding within the server. Not everyone wants to see advertisements and I get that, but it’s just a way of VTCs trying to grow their members, I think that having an option to disable that, just as people have the option to toggle on/off other things would be a good idea and would be good to implement. 

This would be "impossible" to avoid, as mentioned above, there are thousands of VTC's in the game daily, and restricting them from spamming the chat is inevitable, I believe that VTC members can have a little sense when sending this message, because it is not always that you can be sending this type of message in the chat. I myself when I enter the game, I see messages of this type and I just ignore, I do not see bother with it, but also the members of the VTC's need to have sense about it.

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

As an inclusive and vibrant community, we value the contributions and presence of Virtual Truck Companies (VTCs) in the multiplayer environment. VTCs play an important role in the development of camaraderie, the organization of convoys and the promotion of a sense of belonging among truckers.Dec. We agree that introducing VTCs is an important aspect of the TruckersMP experience.

However, we are also aware of the importance of providing a balanced and fun conversation environment for all players. Excessive spamming of VTC ads can indeed be annoying and reduce the overall quality of in-game chat.

To solve this problem, we are committed to finding a solution that supports VTC advertising while reducing possible interruptions caused by excessive spam. Our team is currently looking for ways to create a more organized and controlled approach to VTC promotions in the in-game chat.

A possible solution may include the implementation of a system that limits the frequency of VTC ads or imposes set time intervals for the December airing of such ads. By creating a more structured approach, we aim to strike a balance between promoting Decals and providing a positive chat experience for all players.

Karakteriniz düzgün olsun ki gerisini hallederiz..

My first condition is that your character is not broken...

AlparslanK