Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Updating gas stations on CD

Suggestion Name: Updating gas stations on CD

Suggestion Description: CD needs better gas stations

1. Getting into an out of should be like a highway junction. Keeps traffic flowing. Merging out of will be a pain. Maybe add alternating stop lights like toll booths (with a gate to stop traffic and a light to indicate which side gets the right of way to go. But doesn't charge anything).
  2. The area leading up to and out of the gas station needs sufficient road room. Maybe an NCZ while on the gas station prefab. If no NCZ, have additional pumps to handle the load.

Any example images: All images from April 30, 2023's session.

Duisburg End (From Duisburg)

ets2_20230430_122328_00.png

ets2_20230430_122349_00.png

At Gas Station

ets2_20230430_122719_00.png

ets2_20230430_122751_00.png

ets2_20230430_122929_00.png

Calais End (From Calais)

ets2_20230430_125913_00.png

At Gas Station

ets2_20230430_125854_00.png

ets2_20230430_125903_00.png

ets2_20230430_130032_00.png

Why it should be added: 

1. The 2 main problem spots is turning left. Regardless of which city you're coming from. As seen above, it only takes 1 turning left to cause a backup.
  2. Bigger gas stations can handle more players. Especially when 3500 is on.
  3. Those with longer trailers and doubles have to go as close to those at parking to make a very wide left turn. Which results in affecting the right pump until they get going.
  4. You already took away the road revamp as an unannounced April Fool's joke. Do this for your players.

Not a fan of the april fools joke C-D road at all. Also, there was a topic about this a week ago or so, where some players of the community discussed this and made a sketch/plan of an example on how to expand it and what to change exactly. Sadly I can't find it.

I have the feeling like there is gonna be a change sooner or later as the servers max player count has been increased recently. 

The traffic jams cause a lot of traffic, there is no way to go and accidents occur at the entrances and exits.

this topic was brought up last week, usually the opinion of the drivers was that there should be gas stations on both sides

Kind regards
                                                                                              ADEM.KERİM

54 minutes ago, ADEM.KERİM said:

The traffic jams cause a lot of traffic, there is no way to go and accidents occur at the entrances and exits.

this topic was brought up last week, usually the opinion of the drivers was that there should be gas stations on both sides

Kind regards
                                                                                              ADEM.KERİM

It would really be a relief if there was a gas station on each side, as this causes the most traffic jams on the side where you have to turn left to the gas station, which means that this part of the route can be relieved

• Like 1

Kind regards,
[RSL] Julian [GER]
RSL Human Resources

Hello, @Somehow Lucky  thanks for creating this suggestion. I have a suggestion regarding this issue, mutual gas stations can be added for the traffic density in the regions where there are gas stations because people wait for a short time to return to the gas station across the street, which causes traffic. 

This problem can be solved by having gas stations on both sides, of course this is my opinion. Apart from this, the capacity of gas stations can be enlarged.   It may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it can be considered in the underpass, adds a different look. 

20 hours ago, wyn  said:

Hello, @Somehow Lucky  thanks for creating this suggestion. I have a suggestion regarding this issue, mutual gas stations can be added for the traffic density in the regions where there are gas stations because people wait for a short time to return to the gas station across the street, which causes traffic. 

This problem can be solved by having gas stations on both sides, of course this is my opinion. Apart from this, the capacity of gas stations can be enlarged.   It may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it can be considered in the underpass, adds a different look. 

You've described my (Sig Linked) CD Revamp suggestion where i thought of putting a highway gas station on each side and divide the entire CD. They did my suggestion as an unannounced April Fool's joke. And then decided to revert it back afterwards. SCS is already reworking Switzerland. Once they get to Belgium & Netherlands, we'll see if CD is killed off or if there will be a new one.

• 5 months later...