Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Skoda drivers..

OGF-

Skoda drivers  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Did skoda drivers become more toxic in traffic?

• You're just overreacting, it's been like this since the release of the skoda..
    • Yeah it gets worse and worse everyday..

Hello trucker buddies,

i've been around now for 7 years now (played with breaks) and realized something very negative during my comeback. I've been playing actively since the beginning of this year and could make a summarize of the current situation about skoda drivers.

While back then we had crazy skoda drivers, nothing new but it wasn't like this to be honest, now the toxicity level has been increased drastically. I don't know whats the reason behind this, soft punishments or more clueless kids joining TMP? Anyway, I am talking about players using the emergency lane during traffic jam as an advantage OR the most disturbing thing; they drive between both lanes, right in the middle of the road. Like I mean do they think, that they are motorcycles? It's insane, I really dont remember such behaviours back in the days, yeah it was a problem, but now it's pure chaos, they just try anything to ruin the gameplay.

What do you think about this? Im really disturbed by the current situation, it ruins the simulation experience and in my opinion, something must be done.

EDIT: I don't want to start any debate or spread negativity don't get me wrong. I know there are also normal skoda drivers out there but maybe like 20% 

The Skoda car can easily make a mess due to its lack of physics. But this is not something that has happened recently, they always have been and will be. I don't clash with them much. If you see it coming from behind, there is no harm in giving way. Of course, they will be punished, but fighting them makes it difficult for both you and the traffic. In such cases, you can use the In-Game reporting system and Website Reports. 

I think that in most cases, it's the driver's fault, who drives recklessly and dangerously, but to be honest, the car also has strange physics. When you enter a curve, you can overturn. In my opinion, it depends on everyone how they drive, accidents happens not only with Skoda car, but with trucks too, there are also people who drive aggressively and cause accidents.

On 4/30/2023 at 3:49 PM, Flaming. said:

Trucks still undertake illegally too, I would say that is more common tbh. The majority of drivers (including scouts) follow the rules. You only notice the slim minority. 

Hello, 

I must agree. In 90% of the illegal overtaking cases I've seen that have caused some sort of problem, it was a truck. I think Škoda drivers drive better, or maybe I've just got used to it, but I don't find the Škodas as bad as I did a few years ago.

Report Moderator & Prime Logistics driver

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1)(1).jpg.e85ac5a3413696275f3ab3402bb1d4b1.jpg | Prime Logistics bio image

Hello, recently skoda drivers increased as you said, rarely come across good skoda drivers. Actually, there may be many reasons for this, but what I noticed is usually accounts with close to 5 million IDs. Their purpose is not to play simulation but to troll the game, I'm sure they enjoy it. 

• 2 weeks later...

It would be even better if we had an obligatory driving test for everyone playing TruckersMP, but a test in order to get the permission to purchase a car in-game, this would just require way too much efforts from staff. Currently, in-game admins are already extremely busy and are barely able to track the amount of incoming reports. Now just think how the situation would evolve if some staff members had to test several people daily in order to get them a driving permit. I'm afraid that wouldn't work. There is a very small amount of players that doesn't use the car for the purpose of trolling and reckless driving, The players that really follow rules perfectly, you actually can't really take them into consideration while talking about the 'common' Scout driver. Unfortunately, cars are the perfect troll machines the way they are being implemented in the game at the moment.

For me, cars serve no purpose, literally useless.

• True Story 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for sharing such an interesting topic!

Although there is a lot less trolling of scouts cars than in the past, I don't think it's a problem with Skoda's physics engine, but with the people who drive them. 

The reason for this is that they have a very unrealistic driving attitude when they should be driving with a realistic attitude in the game, and they are playing a simulation game as a racing game.
They have to obey traffic laws (TruckersMP rules), including traffic signals, and they don't do it. 
The "they" I'm talking about are the unruly players who drive scouts cars and trucks.

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.