"Call Admin" button

Flxme_

Suggestion Name: "Call admin" button

Suggestion Description: a button to call an admin if someone is blocking / breaking rules.

note: similar to the report system, if you make a false call you will be banned for 30 days from the call admin system and the second time will be 3 months, etc...

Any example images: N/A

Why it should be added: Sometimes people can block for so long without any way of calling an admin to kick the player so this button would be very useful for that kind of situation I think

Hello,

By pressing the report button and wait.That's the only fastest solution in-game I think,it will be a report without evidence but any nearby game moderator would check it and watch that reported player if he is breaking rules then they will deal with him.

Admins can't help you at anytime you want.

Admins are always busy to deal with different problems in-game, so they can't even deal with all the in-game reports that quickly,It must take some time as usual.That's the concept.If there is a player that annoys you whether blocking road or breaking other rules just have a recording app and use it to record them then upload the evidence and the report moderators will deal with it as long as it's acceptable.

But adding a button or something to call them with would not happen maybe in future but they are busy already doing duties ,I don't think that calling them to teleport to you for example while they are doing something else would be a good idea.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 2

Let's say you do call an admin. What if the player decides to get moving? You're basically submitting a false report and it backfires on you. That system is abusable and is just going to lead to more players getting falsely banned from the server. Which is essentially driving anywhere else on the map, a ghost town.

You can use the tab menu option to report them. But, that's just the same and doesn't always work. Hencewhy, it's better to go old school and just "record and report" (check Show TMP ID in the tab menu settings so you don't have to do /pinfo id).

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Myriαnnα said:

Hello,

By pressing the report button and wait.That's the only fastest solution in-game I think,it will be a report without evidence but any nearby game moderator would check it and watch that reported player if he is breaking rules then they will deal with him.

Admins can't help you at anytime you want.

Admins are always busy to deal with different problems in-game, so they can't even deal with all the in-game reports that quickly,It must take some time as usual.That's the concept.If there is a player that annoys you whether blocking road or breaking other rules just have a recording app and use it to record them then upload the evidence and the report moderators will deal with it as long as it's acceptable.

But adding a button or something to call them with would not happen maybe in future but they are busy already doing duties ,I don't think that calling them to teleport to you for example while they are doing something else would be a good idea.

3 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Let's say you do call an admin. What if the player decides to get moving? You're basically submitting a false report and it backfires on you. That system is abusable and is just going to lead to more players getting falsely banned from the server. Which is essentially driving anywhere else on the map, a ghost town.

You can use the tab menu option to report them. But, that's just the same and doesn't always work. Hencewhy, it's better to go old school and just "record and report" (check Show TMP ID in the tab menu settings so you don't have to do /pinfo id).

I agree with what these two friends said. It is true. If you find a problem, you can only record them and report it. Adding this program is not a good idea. Because in general, in dealing with illegal players, in addition to using bans, administrators can also use the permissions of kicking offline and sending repair shops. These two can also be used as a way to warn or remind violators. If they don't listen, they will be punished more severely (that is, banned).

8 hours ago, Flxme_ said:

Suggestion Name: "Call admin" button

Suggestion Description: a button to call an admin if someone is blocking / breaking rules.

note: similar to the report system, if you make a false call you will be banned for 30 days from the call admin system and the second time will be 3 months, etc...

Any example images: N/A

Why it should be added: Sometimes people can block for so long without any way of calling an admin to kick the player so this button would be very useful for that kind of situation I think

New players who don't know the game keep calling and calling.  :d hhaha  ,I don't think this makes sense

On 4/28/2023 at 3:47 PM, Be4rdy said:

Those who keep saying report online and record have never used the in game reporting system? also once somebody reports somebody nobody else can. 

See the colorful banner under my name (and organized in my signature)? I know firsthand the in game reporting system doesn't work. I've used it 5 times in 1 week. Made a report reason for i believe reckless driving, blocking, and ramming. A few minutes passed only for a red chat message to tell me "No Admin took action on your report. Consider making a web report."

Why do web reports work? Because an admin can see them days later instead of potentially missing what you were reporting.

On 4/30/2023 at 4:42 AM, Somehow Lucky said:

See the colorful banner under my name (and organized in my signature)? I know firsthand the in game reporting system doesn't work. I've used it 5 times in 1 week. Made a report reason for i believe reckless driving, blocking, and ramming. A few minutes passed only for a red chat message to tell me "No Admin took action on your report. Consider making a web report."

Why do web reports work? Because an admin can see them days later instead of potentially missing what you were reporting.

Every in game report i do times out. even when you know theres an admin there because they are too busy talking to people in chat.

and when you can only put in 2 reports at a time and it takes on average 2 weeks to even get an answer whats the point in even reporting anymore

18 hours ago, Be4rdy said:

Every in game report i do times out. even when you know there's an admin there because they are too busy talking to people in chat.

and when you can only put in 2 reports at a time and it takes on average 2 weeks to even get an answer what's the point in even reporting anymore

1: The waiting time on your report is based on a queue. Currently "Load on the web report system: VERY HIGH". Staff has a lot to go through. But eventually, they'll get around to it. Consider web reporting like the mail you get in your mailbox. Somedays, there's very little or nothing. You get it, you check the required stuff (accepted) and get rid of the junk (declined). Other days, it could be filled to the brim (like right now), and there's more work to do.

2: Like i said, don't bother with the in game reporting system. Typically always fails. Admins are busy or just want to chill in a certain populated area. The other day, somebody thought it was wise to overtake a queue of traffic. They tried cutting in front of somebody but they were holding them out. Admin kicks the overtaker.

3: My reporting limit is 16. You put in bad reports, the max number goes down. You put in good reports and you might be granted a higher cap. Of all my reports, i have a 62% success rate.

On 4/28/2023 at 11:45 PM, Somehow Lucky said:

Well actually I mentioned that if a player submits a false report it would not be a ban from the server but a ban from the "Call admin" button system. I hope that answers your question.

I also want to note that the "Call Admin" button would be designed to be used in cases of players blocking for significant amounts of time I think

On 4/30/2023 at 12:02 AM, EnrikasKoksis said:

It sounds like a good idea but in reality people are going to spam that button and that's what makes it a bad feature because it's going to bug out game moderator's it doesn't matter even if you add a cool down people will find ways to abuse this system and find a way to remove the cooldown.

Hello @EnrikasKoksis

That is a very good question.

As I have mentioned earlier, this function is not permanently available to players apart if they decide to not use it.

A cooldown similar to the 10 minute cooldown for the /fix function would be a good idea, as in most cases you would not encounter two cases of mass blocking in one stretch of 10 minutes.

I hope this answers your question I think

I think this idea has both advantages and disadvantages. Players who play online can use it if they don't follow the rules. However, some players may disrupt the normal use of this idea by causing trouble. However, this idea is a good idea and you can try it out

This is definitely an interesting suggestion! It’s easy to say to report the user in the in-game report system but 9 times out of 10 the report just times out, and although you can then submit the report online that doesn’t fix the problem of somebody blocking traffic for however many minutes, which not only frustrates everybody especially if there’s no way around, it causes tailbacks and traffic! 

There definitely does have to be some sort of priority or solution to people deliberately blocking traffic, although I don’t know what the solution is! 

6 hours ago, djoh said:

report limit depends on report quality, not success rate

Its a waste of time anyway. takes too long for anything to be done and now its just a slap on the wrists. 

and who gets to decide on quality of the reports...the ones replying to the reports? the same people you have to appeal to when you get banned. its all a joke now

• True Story 1

• 5 months later...