Why players are not joining sim 2 even though tmp has made it EU 2

McLaren2555

im really wondering why the hell players are not joining sim 2 even though tmp has approved our wish for comeback of EU 2 server.The community used to bark like dogs to introduce no speed limit or to bring back Eu 2 ever since road to simulation was introduced like for around more than 3 years.Now that the players have got their wish why dont they just make it like EU 2 of pre 2019.Its really strange that maximum players voted for no speed limit or EU 2 server in the surveys.BUT now its the complete opposite.

Many players i talked to in sim 1 and everysingle of them said sim 2 is empty and when it gets populated they will join happily.Really love to know your opinions on this.EU 2 server is what made tmp it is now,it gave tmp recognition of a fun to play game,back then due to EU 2 the craze was creazy and it was also seen in youtube @Foobrother @Random_Truck_Driver @Jeronimο

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

It happened the same when EU#2 was opened. Probably that majority of players who voted for "Simulation 2" don't use it because they see the name and think that it's the same as Simulation 1, only with less people? We all know that reading is not the strongest feature in most TruckersMP players... Maybe it should have been called "EU#2" (which is what the server is, at the end of the day) and more people would have switched?

But like you mentioned in another topic, the moment Sim1 goes down for a while for whatever reasons, all of its players will have no other choice than to use Sim2 and from that moment on, it will most likely be like 2019's EU#1 and EU#2, back to basics for real.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1

Most likely what @FernandoCR [ESP] said, people just can't read anymore.

You have to throw it in their face and smear it all over for them to notice anything.

You've been the most vocal group, claiming to be very numerous community.

First, wait until Promods is back, so the numbers are more even, then go on camaigning even harder than before, make it popular. Give it a couple more months, and you'll see.

If you are going to wait for people that say the server is empty, nothing is going to change. 

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 1

4 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

My guess is the majority of players don't look at our website/forums so they didn't even notice the change. That's perfectly fine by me though, it cuts down on the chaos. 

I thought that the report ratio wouldn't change no matter what, Road to Simulation or Back to basics, so the current situation or a theoretical massive switch of players to Simulation 2 shouldn't mean any differences for the moderation team, right? I mean, that's what Jeronimo said in the topic regarding the Back to Basics blog post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The main purpose of people wanting to play TMP is for driving with other people, or seeing other people around the map. Unfortunately, people haven’t yet drifted out of Simulation 1, which makes server the most populated resulting in everyone wanting to be on that one. 

I tend to find VTC’s are a major focus too, not everyone is interested in speed these days and realism is key.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Players see Sim 1 with the highest number of players so most chose to go there despite the fact Sim 2 is EU2

Yes I think it's as simple as that.

If was TMP I would just switch the server settings between Sim1 and Sim2 (and at the same time reduce the speed limit to 90km/h for the new sim2 🙂 )

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

maybe because most people are used to connect right away to Sim 1 server and dont like or is interested in joining Sim 2 server, since there you can drive 150 maybe they think that with the higher speed the chances of crashing its a lot higher, or simply they stay on Sim 1 server because its a lot more popular than Sim 2

9 hours ago, Granite said:

Most likely what @FernandoCR [ESP] said, people just can't read anymore.

You have to throw it in their face and smear it all over for them to notice anything.

You've been the most vocal group, claiming to be very numerous community.

First, wait until Promods is back, so the numbers are more even, then go on camaigning even harder than before, make it popular. Give it a couple more months, and you'll see.

If you are going to wait for people that say the server is empty, nothing is going to change. 

campaining only by me is not going to work,it will require the support of the community like you guys.CAmpaining cannot be done alone it has to be done with  a large group.Campaign would be successful if you guys also support it and do your part.Waiting for your participation in the campaign.To smear it we need large amount of support

9 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I thought that the report ratio wouldn't change no matter what, Road to Simulation or Back to basics, so the current situation or a theoretical massive switch of players to Simulation 2 shouldn't mean any differences for the moderation team, right? I mean, that's what Jeronimo said in the topic regarding the Back to Basics blog post.

speed limit or no limit it is going to bring only marginal difference.This is a highly variable element or data which is a big task to calculate.It makes me lol when people straightforwardly say that this is going to result in a spike in reports

8 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Yes I think it's as simple as that.

If was TMP I would just switch the server settings between Sim1 and Sim2 (and at the same time reduce the speed limit to 90km/h for the new sim2 🙂 )

1000 iq as you said tmp should apply this or just rename it to EU 2 

Hello truckers. 

Ready to hear the truth!!! 

So a poll was done some time ago not so much asking what players would like to see in TMP. Through this survey many players wanted back the speed limit of 150km and TMP opened server 2 . Server 2 has been open for 3-4 weeks now and hasn't seen many players in the 800-1000 range. Meanwhile, server 1 is always full and the team has already had to add more slots. 

Conclusion. 

I think all those players who want the speed limit of 150 after all prefer to play on servers with more players. But as TMP has a large number of players and everyone likes to play in their own way, we should continue with server 2. But as everyone knows, servers are paid and one more server is an expense, but I'll leave that to the team to analyze. 

Happy miles to everyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLaren2555 said:

campaining only by me is not going to work,it will require the support of the community like you guys.CAmpaining cannot be done alone it has to be done with  a large group.Campaign would be successful if you guys also support it and do your part.Waiting for your participation in the campaign.To smear it we need large amount of support

How can someone like me be even bothered, afterall I'm part of insignificant group of constantly complaining niche players, for which, as I've been told by one of your kind, TMP doesn't give a *insert your favorite curse word*.

Even though I've supported the idea (but with different suggestion regarding simulation part), that's all you will get from me. It's not my fight, TMP is not even my battlefield anymore, heck, I can't imagine myself downloading TMP client again for the purpose of persuading people to switch over servers.

You have to do that alone, you have to look in your own ranks.

43 minutes ago, Granite said:

How can someone like me be even bothered, afterall I'm part of insignificant group of constantly complaining niche players, for which, as I've been told by one of your kind, TMP doesn't give a *insert your favorite curse word*.

Even though I've supported the idea (but with different suggestion regarding simulation part), that's all you will get from me. It's not my fight, TMP is not even my battlefield anymore, heck, I can't imagine myself downloading TMP client again for the purpose of persuading people to switch over servers.

okay that means you only use forum but have uninstalled tmp.Right?

hey i didnt want you to take this in a bad way,i thought you are a regular player and is equally concerned as i am.Also i belong to your group who complains  and wants the return of EU 2 . hey did you think i was part of the hard core sim freak group when you mentioned " i have been told by one of your kind"

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, McLaren2555 said:

okay that means you only use forum but have uninstalled tmp.Right?

hey i didnt want you to take this in a bad way,i thought you are a regular player and is equally concerned as i am.Also i belong to your group who complains  and wants the return of EU 2 . hey did you think i was part of the hard core sim freak group when you mentioned " i have been told by one of your kind"

You misunderstood me completely:LUL:

• True Story 1

lol

55 minutes ago, Granite said:

would love to see you on road someday

Users often don't use websites or forums to see what has changed. Plus, they may not notice and they just see that Sim 1 always has more players and they choose Sim 1 to play because they simply don't want them to drive alone on the road.

Besides, some people prefer the nature of simulation rather than driving at 150 km/h on CD road or other roads.

• True Story 1