Calais service station rework

Flxme_

Suggestion Name: Calais service station rework

Suggestion Description: Improving the intersection @Calais service station to allow smother traffic. Done by preventing trough traffic (traffic that passes by that road), by giving a bigger magin after the non-collisions area and adding traffic signals to the intersection

Any example images: Suggestion.thumb.png.6055bd21523de453fc76e812cdfda7d0.png

Why should it be added?: To increase the flow of traffic and prevent collisions and keep more people out of the city because if the traffic flow is smoother people get in and out faster meaning less traffic, therefore less lag. I think

Guest Nebula Logistics//MRV-md

Feels like they reworked the wrong town XD. I didn't see an issue with Duisburg. But Calais is always packed full.

• 8 months later...
On 4/23/2023 at 2:33 PM, Little Meow said:

Calais should get a complete rework from scratch

I totally agree with this. Calais desperately needs a rework from the very start. honestly I do like the ferry area though, it is a nice part of the area, but the city in general needs a huge fix. especially during Peak hours with players coming from the UK through Dover, from Duisburg, and other places like Paris, Lille, and northern cities of france.

On 4/23/2023 at 7:54 AM, Flxme_ said:

Suggestion Name: Calais service station rework

Suggestion Description: Improving the intersection @Calais service station to allow smother traffic. Done by preventing trough traffic (traffic that passes by that road), by giving a bigger magin after the non-collisions area and adding traffic signals to the intersection

Any example images: Suggestion.thumb.png.6055bd21523de453fc76e812cdfda7d0.png

Why should it be added?: To increase the flow of traffic and prevent collisions and keep more people out of the city because if the traffic flow is smoother people get in and out faster meaning less traffic, therefore less lag. I think

I'd try to avoid traffic crossing in high populated areas. In most cases, it will lead to players blocking others by entering an already congested intersection.

How about using separated one-way streets to enter and exit the service station?

snoVSfN.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 4/25/2023 at 10:46 AM, Nebula Logistics//MRV-md said:

Feels like they reworked the wrong town XD. I didn't see an issue with Duisburg. But Calais is always packed full.

The problem is folk forget there is another way into calais but they all take the first exit and then spend 20 mins trying to get to the service station or LKW, 

Go the other way done in about a minute

• True Story 1

I think the first question to ask is why do people only drive trucks in this region? They move back and forth in a small area on a large map. Even if events are held or anything special happens. If people from this region dispersed. There is no point in traveling the same route thirty times.

I think there is no need, there is a simpler way, if one side of the petrol station is made as an entrance and the other side as an exit, then there will be no traffic.:)

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------