[POLL] Are you using (or planning to use) the new Emergency Braking system on C-D on TMP?

Foobrother

Are you using (or planning to use) the new Emergency Braking system on C-D on TMP?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using (or planning to use) the new Emergency Braking system on C-D on TMP?

• Yes, for all situations
    • Yes, but only with vehicules
    • No, I've not and/or won't activate this option

Since the 1.47 update ETS2 provides a new Emergency Braking system to automatically brake when there is a collision danger in front. This seems to be a very good feature for C-D (the most popular area of TMP), since there are lots of dangerous situations on this road. Could potential avoid some collisions?

So I was wondering what players on this road are planning to do with this new feature?

If you don't plan to use it, please explain why.

Thanks in advance for your contributions! 🙂

I am not planning to use this feature on TruckersMP, becasue I am not planning to return to TruckerMP in foreseeable future, therefore I will not vote.

I will test it once Promods for 1.47 is out, until then I am still on 1.46. 

If it turns out to be good and not bugging out constantly, I will use it, if not, I will continue driving without it like before, maintaining safe distance and anticipation is far more useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

5 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Since the 1.47 update ETS2 provides a new Emergency Braking system to automatically brake when there is a collision danger in front. This seems to be a very good feature for C-D (the most popular area of TMP), since there are lots of dangerous situations on this road. Could potential avoid some collisions?

So I was wondering what players on this road are planning to do with this new feature?

If you don't plan to use it, please explain why.

Thanks in advance for your contributions! 🙂

In the Emergency Braking system, I will not use it on the d-c road because many accidents may occur. If I use this feature, we may risk the traffic that the people behind me will not use. I think the emergency braking system might be fine on long roads and in non-crowded places.

I turned it on in all situations to test it out. But for me it feels like it isnt working that well in TMP. I played for 2 hours today and only witnessed it once, that the Emergency breaking "kicked in". In every other situation I had to break as usual. Maybe the trigger area is pretty close, but I dont want to try it out and damage others while doing so.

I guess I need more time for further investigation.

Greetings

@Fratellastro  I heard about this news, but activating it on TMP, I see that it doesn't work, could someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong or is it not supported by TMP??

8 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Dall'aggiornamento 1.47 ETS2 fornisce un nuovo sistema di frenata di emergenza per frenare automaticamente quando c'è un pericolo di collisione davanti. Questa sembra essere un'ottima caratteristica per CD (l'area più popolare di TMP ), poiché ci sono molte situazioni pericolose su questa strada. Il potenziale potrebbe evitare alcune collisioni?

Quindi mi chiedevo cosa intendono fare i giocatori su questa strada con questa nuova funzionalità?

Se non hai intenzione di usarlo, spiega perché.

Grazie in anticipo per i vostri contributi! 🙂

@Fratellastro ho sentito di questa novità, ma attivandola su TMP , vedo che non funziona, qualcuno potrebbe spiegarmi cosa sbaglio o non è supportata da TMP ??

As far as I will have tested this feature, I will wonder about it 🙂 In some situations it can be dangerous, because once your brake system is activeted your truck will stop immediately, that means the friend behind you got a brakecheck :kappa:

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

12 hours ago, RedWolf_Plays said:

As far as I will have tested this feature, I will wonder about it 🙂 In some situations it can be dangerous, because once your brake system is activeted your truck will stop immediately, that means the friend behind you got a brakecheck :kappa:

The question is: is it better to crash into the person in front or risk to have the person behind bumping into your back? In theory, if people are driving responsibly they should have a good enough security distance behind you to be able to stop safely.

• Awesome! 1

1 hour ago, Foobrother said:

The question is: is it better to crash into the person in front or risk to have the person behind bumping into your back? In theory, if people are driving responsibly they should have a good enough security distance behind you to be able to stop safely.

Yees, thats true with I can't disagree, however tell me how many drivers are responsible in Calais-Dusiburg intersection. I think, it would be accidents behind accidents :LUL:

But yea it may be funny to see it in MP. 

RedWolf_Plays

• True Story 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Have tested the emergency braking and ACC in Singleplayer and it works really well. Currently it isn't working in TMP, it would reliably stop for a wall or the poles on the side of the road if I got to close, but wouldn't flinch at an oncoming user in my lane.

If it was working, I sure would use it as it takes a bit of the stress that is driving in C-D road

On 4/18/2023 at 6:34 PM, danielagostinho said:

Have tested the emergency braking and ACC in Singleplayer and it works really well. Currently it isn't working in TMP, it would reliably stop for a wall or the poles on the side of the road if I got to close, but wouldn't flinch at an oncoming user in my lane.

I tried using the emergency braking (full detection) and I got the exact same issues. It never reacted to other trucks, and it always activated randomly for no reason. Took me a while to realise it was because I was getting too close to the wall/poles to avoid/anticipate oncoming traffic. It's really irritating when I was driving normally, and then my truck suddenly stopped inappropriately for absolutely no reasons, brake checking anyone behind me. The feature is promising, but I am not using emergency braking anymore on C-D, or any routes for that matter.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.