Game Moderator role - Process, difficulty, experience

poopingcorn

Hi.

This question is meant for everyone who has/had the Game Moderator role.

I have wondered how it feels like to be involved in the team of TruckersMP, so I have applied for the Game Moderator role.

I would like to prepare myself (in case I could get accepted), so I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me their experiences in this position.

Most preferably, I am interested in:

• The process. What are the most typical questions that you will get asked in the interviews? What happens during the training?
  • The difficulty. How hard is it being in this position? What tasks do you finish mostly? What does a typical day in this position look like?
  • The experience. How much fun do you have in this position? Does it add a more fun experience in this game?

Feel free to add more answers, but these questions are enough information for me.

Thank you!

Cant really tell you about the process. As i dont know what questions you will be asked and what happens during training is that you get trained to be a moderator.

Is it difficult? It can be. And we do quite a lot of reports, which is a lot of the work we do. Cant really tell you what a typical day looks like as there isent really one. Its not like when you show up to work in the morning and you do the same job every day. Some days you might not do anything as you have other real life things to do. And other days you do a lot of moderator work. There is no typical day. 

Being a moderator is not the glamorous thing some people think it is. Sure you get access to the police car but you dont really drive around in that a lot. And you really should not want to become a moderator because of the police car. And does it make it all more fun? Sometimes but i wouldent say it elevates Truckers MP to be super funny and much better than if you are just a normal player, as it is a lot of work and when driving in game you are always a moderator. And so yes you can just go driving like anyone else, but if something happens near you, you have to act on it. And so its never just a drive, there is always stuff to do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Hi,

I believe there should be no answers during the interview and training process,
You should answer your own questions according to the examiner's questions and requirements, rather than relying on others' answers to take the exam.

Also, I wish you the opportunity to become a qualified GM,
Fan Ci

• Upvote 1

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

7 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

Hello truckers. 

Maybe one day I can answer these questions. 😁😁😁

But I believe that it is not easy to be a moderator, a lot of responsibility and, above all, enjoying the game and doing it for your own pleasure.

Heyy Ricky 🙂 

Back to your answer. 

As you have said "maybe one daay I can asnwer these question" - I do not think so my friend. As I had been already in the team, many of informations stay only behind TruckersMP because of ISP - > so yea you probably could say how is the feeling of this work, but detailed answers cant  be a good idea 😄 I am talking from my experiences with some people once i joined to Support Team as Trainee many of them just kept ask how is your work, and if i could help them, unfortunately not. I also not saying that the people must just ask only these questions as I mentioned. 

This stuff are really interesting and it also carries a lot of responsibility

Have a good day

Regards,

RedWolf_Plays

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello poopingcorn,   

I just want to answer your two questions that you have also a view from another Game Moderator 😄

13 hours ago, poopingcorn said:

The difficulty. How hard is it being in this position? What tasks do you finish mostly? What does a typical day in this position look like?

Of course, it can sometimes be quite stressful and a lot of work at once. It is, as @MrSirViking said, not only just driving the police car, there is a lot more work behind it. We deal with website and in-game reports and helping to keep the roads safe for everyone. For me, there is also no typical day. It can be that you have more to do and many people break rules at the same time. But there are also days when you go on a relaxed tour with friends or take part in an event. Every day is different. 

13 hours ago, poopingcorn said:

The experience. How much fun do you have in this position? Does it add a more fun experience in this game?

Personally, I have a lot of fun helping other players and doing my tasks. It is a diverse position. As already mentioned, it can also be stressful from time to time. 

I hope I could help you with my answer and good luck with your application! 

Kind regards,

FastTV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, RedWolf_Plays said:

Heyy Ricky 🙂 

Back to your answer. 

As you have said "maybe one daay I can asnwer these question" - I do not think so my friend. As I had been already in the team, many of informations stay only behind TruckersMP because of ISP - > so yea you probably could say how is the feeling of this work, but detailed answers cant  be a good idea 😄 I am talking from my experiences with some people once i joined to Support Team as Trainee many of them just kept ask how is your work, and if i could help them, unfortunately not. I also not saying that the people must just ask only these questions as I mentioned. 

This stuff are really interesting and it also carries a lot of responsibility

Have a good day

Regards,

RedWolf_Plays

Yes, there is a long training period and probation period when you join the team and there are a lot of people who are eliminated during that period even though they pass the application and the interview

If i can give you some advice based on my past experience (when i was younger, 7/8 years ago) in volunteering (not here on TMP but in another community), research and inform yourself well about what you're going to do, because that's what you'll have to do for the longest time,

The "special" things like additional permits, status, roles, attention, tools, special vehicles, etc., all new and nice things that last a couple of days because they are something new for you, but it will become "normal" very quickly and you will get bored very quickly,

For that my advice is, read/ask/inform yourself well before applying for a position, because it might be different from what you think it is, especially the workload (something that has to be considered toghether with the time available, must also be evaluated since you do it for free),

Anyway, good luck 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

On 4/15/2023 at 12:13 AM, poopingcorn said:

Hi.

This question is meant for everyone who has/had the Game Moderator role.

I have wondered how it feels like to be involved in the team of TruckersMP, so I have applied for the Game Moderator role.

I would like to prepare myself (in case I could get accepted), so I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me their experiences in this position.

Most preferably, I am interested in:

• The process. What are the most typical questions that you will get asked in the interviews? What happens during the training?
  • The difficulty. How hard is it being in this position? What tasks do you finish mostly? What does a typical day in this position look like?
  • The experience. How much fun do you have in this position? Does it add a more fun experience in this game?

Feel free to add more answers, but these questions are enough information for me.

Thank you!

I think some things can be answered here for you in terms of application etc. https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/27

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.