Which system of reporting players do you prefer more and why ?

Survey on player reporting system.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which system of reporting players do you prefer more and why ?

• The system on the site
    • In-game reporting system

I usually report users on website as it’s more used and effective. In-game reports are deleted after a time if they’re not claimed by a game moderator.

However, it’s much easier to report in-game as it record automatically and you don’t have to fill anything like the web reports.

• True Story 1

I am not in favour of either of these systems. They both have their pros and cons.

In game:

+ Reports will be seen quicker (if they are looked at)

+ The moderator can look more in-depth into the incident as they have a server-side replay of the entire incident.

+ Punishments can be handed out fairer and quicker.

- Reports will time out if a mod doesn't get to them quick enough

- It is easy to spam the system with useless reports

+ Reports are guaranteed to be looked at.

+ The system is protected from being spammed by useless reports.

- Reports often take time to be looked at.

- Moderators only have one perspective of the incident.

- It can be harder to tell who is at fault of the incident.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

2 minutes ago, Kaan . said:

I usually report users on website as it’s more used and effective. In-game reports are deleted after a time if they’re not claimed by a game moderator.

However, it’s much easier to report in-game as it record automatically and you don’t have to fill anything like the web reports.

I will agree with you notifications on the site are very practical as well as effective the only downside is the limits which admittedly are needed.

3 minutes ago, Stones8000 said:

I am not in favour of either of these systems. They both have their pros and cons.

In game:

+ Reports will be seen quicker (if they are looked at)

+ The moderator can look more in-depth into the incident as they have a server-side replay of the entire incident.

+ Punishments can be handed out fairer and quicker.

- Reports will time out if a mod doesn't get to them quick enough

- It is easy to spam the system with useless reports

+ Reports are guaranteed to be looked at.

+ The system is protected from being spammed by useless reports.

- Reports often take time to be looked at.

- Moderators only have one perspective of the incident.

- It can be harder to tell who is at fault of the incident.

Short and to the point.
You have mentioned the + and - right on point.

👏

spacer.png

lrwRsrV.png

🇵🇱/🇩🇪/🇺🇸

I always recommend to use the Website to report people. Always record your game and save recordings when something happens and then use that to report players on the website. Using the in game system is fine, but there is a chance that your report wont be seen and so it is always better to use the website to report people as those reports will be looked at.

Hi [GTW-R] AMIXSO,

I only use Website to report my videos,
because in game reporting is usually not effective.

Kind regards,
Fan Ci

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

I also only use the website report system, 

If I used the in game report system, i would have to make the report twice, once using the in game report system and then using the report system in the website to ensure that the player is punished, because it probably won't be seen the first time 👍

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

Heyou there!

Thank you so much for creating this asnwer here on the forums 

I think, the most useful system is on the site, because the GMs ren't able to keep up with so many reports. There are many of them and they need to replay some evidences several times, so in the meantime, the next report is deleted. 

Advantages of web report system? 

• You can report when you want (limit 20 reports) 
  • Your report is always being seen by someone

Disadvantages: 

• Limit of reports
  • You have to record the evidence via recording software 
  • Sometimes you have to wait longer for Aceppted/Declined status 

Advantages of  in-game report system

• GMs can seen all evidence you have reported, it is recorded automatically
  • They can ban more people there (so you do not have to report more people) 

Disdvantages of  in-game report system

• As long as the gms cant be everywhere because they have their own life, the in-game report most of the time are not solved, so the better idea is use TruckersMP website to help GM with that. 

Regards,

RedWolf_Plays

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

25 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

In-game reports get processed in time 1% of the time. From my experience, Game Mods when in-game just navigate on the map to find offenses themselves (not hard to find tbh) and don't often check in-game reports.

I believe otherwise.
I believe that Moderators often check in-game reports just don't have the ability to check all of them on time. 🤔

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

lrwRsrV.png

🇵🇱/🇩🇪/🇺🇸

I always recommend using the Website reports to report users. 

When you report players on the website, it is 100% sure that your reports will be processed and you can see if they are accepted or not

About reporting users in-game, as far as I know, I'm not sure your reports can be handled because every minute that goes by, there will be a lot of players reporting other players and the server will not be able to store such number of reports, resulting in your report will not be handled.

So always record your driving and if you find a player breaking the rules, report them on the website.

The system on the site. Reliable. No resources required.

ps: In-game reporting system - Prime time has its advantages. Convenient for the staff and players' internal work, I guess. Increasing the life of the report on the server probably requires more resources, so there is an alternative, that's the main thing.