Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

ProMods v264 crashing when loading into MP

Libroru

Question

Hey everyone,

today I wanted to try out the ProMods map in multiplayer, but I am having some issues.

Whenever I try to load into MP, the progress bar load until around 80% and then I get a black screen with a fatal error.

The map however works in singleplayer perfectly fine.

image.png.881d29604235097b62570c07435d6fe5.png

This is my current mods folder in /Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod

I've also attached my game.log.txt if that helps... (using pastebin because I was getting errors uploading it using the attachments for some reason)

banner

7 answers to this question

I'd first try generating a new def file on the ProMods website. The one you have currently includes support for the Special Transport DLC, but TruckersMP doesn't support this, so there could be an issue with that.

You could also try creating a fresh profile, as it's possible you've used some other mods on single player, and they've caused that profile to not work without them.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest removing the Middle East addon, so then you'll know if the issue is with that, or the base ProMods addon.

If it still won't launch, then I'd suggest removing all the ProMods files, and downloading them fresh from the ProMods website.

• Like 1

TruckersMP Media Team :HaulieLove:

I survived Europoort and all I got was this crappy signature. :kappa:

Hello @Libroru;

You mentioned that you had a problem I'm really sorry about that. You can be sure that I will do my best to help you.

1. Check if the non modded profile works if it does then switch to a ProMods only profile.
  2. Verify your ETS2/ATS2 files in steam. (Steam -> Right Click ETS2/ATS2 -> Properties -> Verify integrity of game files)
  3. Did you try to unpack the promod files again? Something could have gone wrong/bugged when unpacking the first time.

I hope I was able to solve your problem clearly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I wish you a good day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Hey, 

Solution 1:

Redownload ProMods from a different browser. Don't forget to use (7zip).

Solution 2:

Have you tried to verify your game?

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 3:

1. Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard

2. Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)

3. Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.

4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"

5. Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/

Solution 4:

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also, try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to the library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Try to reinstall TruckersMP.

Go to '%programdata%' and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again: https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Solution 5:

> Update your graphics card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile, delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correctly in the directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods. Also, too many mods can cause your game to crash. You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest.Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsoleteregistry paths.

fs7-

• Like 1

Hello @Libroru,

There have been a couple answers to your question so far. Please make sure to try all solutions listed above. 

Is there anything that has helped solve your issue, then please let us know with a comment to this topic. If nothing of the above has helped, please also let us know so we can try to help you.

Kind regards,

tfmpillow

TruckersMP Support

• Like 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Hey everyone!
Thanks for the plentiful help you guys have been giving me!
I made sure to try out all of the steps you've provided, but what I think eventually did the trick, was the solution that @DJenerate suggested:

7 hours ago, DJenerate said:

I'd first try generating a new def file on the ProMods website. The one you have currently includes support for the Special Transport DLC, but TruckersMP doesn't support this, so there could be an issue with that.

You could also try creating a fresh profile, as it's possible you've used some other mods on single player, and they've caused that profile to not work without them.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest removing the Middle East addon, so then you'll know if the issue is with that, or the base ProMods addon.

If it still won't launch, then I'd suggest removing all the ProMods files, and downloading them fresh from the ProMods website.

I downloaded a new def package without the special transport support and it has been working fine ever since!

Thanks again and I hope y'all are having a wonderful morning, day or evening!

• Thanks 1

banner