Calais-Duisburg road remake

[TSP]Lorenzo

Suggestion Name: Calais and Duisburg road remake 

Suggestion Description: 2 lines both ways (departure and arrival)

Any example images: 1-2 april 2023 updates

Why it should be added: Because this c-d road is very high car and truck traffic. Old c-d road have many accident and trolls when the road make remake ı guess this event is reducing.

• Haha 1

Çözümlerim kısa ve sadedir ama etkilidir.

• [TSP]Lorenzo changed the title to Calais-Duisburg road remake

I see that your reason behind this change would be to reduce traffic congestion, however the dual carriage way CD road actually INCREASES the amount of traffic on the CD road. We saw numbers increase from 400-500 players on the road to 700+ players on the road at one time, a big increase. This was mainly due to the two lanes merging at the end of the dual carriageway, which was causing queues from Calais to back up all the way to the Brussels intersection during peak times.

• Like 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

The route is more efficient as well as the remake carried out the previous week, on the other hand it would just be necessary to modify the two service stations present on this route and at the limit the train, these are really the points of extreme concentration which precisely lengthens the wait for all players

• Like 2

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

As mentioned before; Having two lanes on C-D will make the traffic much worse (we already had an example during 1st and 2nd april).

Also CD is popular for it's one lane road due to overtaking possibilities. If you want to drive on a two laner, well Europe has plenty of Autobahn's, another good reason to drive all over germany (for example), since anything outside C-D is not populated at all, which is a no-go for me personally.

• Like 1

The addition of parking lots and rest stops in the middle of the road had an interesting effect.

I don't agree with adding highways, but I totally agree with adding rest stops.

• Like 2

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

In my opinion, the C-D road is as popular as it is, because of all the action and crashes happening day after day. Of course it is pretty annoying, if you become the victom of an accident again and again. I dont know, if im the only one with that opinion, but I'd be kinda sad, if it would be changed.

But adding more parking lots, fuel pumps and so on is a pretty decent idea