Tandem Trucks

Suggestion name: 

Tandem Trucks

Suggestion description:

Hi, I uploaded this question before on the TMP website's feedback, but now I see the need to reupload it to the forum, so the other players will be able to express their thoughts...

My request: Can you please add a new tandem truck tuning? (You can see an example of it in the pictures I've added)

Why it should be added:

I think it'll diversify the TMP traffic and the players opportunity, the players always waiting for a new truck tuning, so I know this addition will interest the players to TMP game. I think that a lot of players will be glad to see and use this update. 

Pictures of the topic:

Tandem Truck.jpg

Tandem Truck2.jpg

Tandem Truck3.jpg

Edited by XxQufDezxX
Edited this request because I wrote it without the template, but now I added it.
  • Upvote 6

One of the trucks I said "I wish it would come" I am sure that most of the players want them to come, but each truck should receive a separate document for it to arrive, which will be a very long process, maybe in the future, maybe in the years like 2025, or the TruckersMP team can surprise you and bring it all at once. after all, a team full of surprises. 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Halaskâr said:

This tandem trailer was a popular mod that was used a lot before the Scandinavian double trailer came into the game. However, I do not think that this will come, as there are already many double-trailers.

The Double trailers and the Tandem Trucks are a bit different, and you don't have to drive with 2 trailers with the tandem truck, you can have one trrailer

You're completely right, but my/our goal is that this idea will be accepted, and then we'll see how long it takes and just will be patient.

I doubt that TruckersMP will ever add custom vehicles that are in the game under license from the manufacturers. So IMO, unless they decided to use some of the BOT trucks that have been already released as "alternating vehicles" and give them the ability to load cargos and/or attach a second trailer, the chance to have rigids in TruckersMP can only come when/if SCS decides to add them to the game.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I doubt that TruckersMP will ever add custom vehicles that are in the game under license from the manufacturers. So IMO, unless they decided to use some of the BOT trucks that have been already released as "alternating vehicles" and give them the ability to load cargos and/or attach a second trailer, the chance to have rigids in TruckersMP can only come when/if SCS decides to add them to the game.

I know that they need a licence to realize this, but I think they already have them, because they already have the truck's licences; So I don't think this'll such a big problem to realize this. (If I understand the licences topic right...);

That's the thing, it's SCS that have the licenses, not TruckersMP. And those licenses are for specific models. In order to have rigids in TruckersMP, it's SCS that would need to get the license from the manufacturer first, add the model to the game, and then TruckersMP would only need to adapt that model the same as they have done with all others.

At least, this is how I understand it, I could be wrong, though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

That's the thing, it's SCS that have the licenses, not TruckersMP. And those licenses are for specific models. In order to have rigids in TruckersMP, it's SCS that would need to get the license from the manufacturer first, add the model to the game, and then TruckersMP would only need to adapt that model the same as they have done with all others.

At least, this is how I understand it, I could be wrong, though.

Okey, I understood. Thank you very much for the answer! Also I asked a game moderator this question on the website and he said that this topic is in developing, so I guess that we'll see those tandem trucks with the time.

I'm currently playing SP because truckers MP doesn't want to add VR support and also doesn't want to add tandem (buses are added and other vehicles (not trucks) are added by vote).
As for VR support, how is it possible to drive in a convoy with non-VR players, but the truckers MP team claims that it is not possible to add VR support because it is not integrated into the main game?
For me, it's a simulator, not just a game - the name says it too!

My Truck from Devil BDF Tandem Truck Pack

VR with Oculus Quest2

• 6 months later...