About TruckersMP MS Problem

Guest muri's

Guest muri's

Hi,

I'll get straight to the point. TruckersMP has thousands of members from many countries, It's very good that they can do that. However, the lag problem that has not been resolved for a long time has tired of most players. We know that most people in the game play between 60 and 130ms on average. , sometimes they take advantage of this delay and crash into vehicles and justify their objections to the ban by saying that it was because of the delay. My suggestion is that people above a certain latency do not enter the servers. *My opinion is maximum 80*

Dear authorities, do you come up with a solution to strengthen the servers or solve the lag problem? and dear forum members, what are your suggestions for this?

*I can't say that I'm very good at internet and computer stuff, sorry for my ignorance on this subject. I just want to know the cause and solution of the lag problem :)*

*If there is another article on this topic, please share it in the comments.*

Best wishes,

Muri

High latency ≠ Bad connection

Remember this is not a game where you should be relying on instant reactions like CS:GO (or other similar games), even on connections with around 300ms ping most players can be fine on everyone's screen.

The majority of problems people have when latency is high is because they drive too close to the player in front (less than 50m).

You should never drive this close even if the player has a perfect 30ms connection, because there's no guarantee that you, the other player, or the server (not often, but can happen) won't lag (and that's alongside the fact its dumb in the first place).

The problem is when people have an unstable connection and they occasionally drop internet for a second or their latency constantly changes (changes more than 50ms+/- frequently).

There's already a system in place to kick people with an unstable connection, and anyone over 600ms of average latency will also get kicked.

And as for the people blaming lag on crashing...it's just a sad excuse. You can see if a player is actually lagging, as their wheels will be spinning faster than they are actually moving. Most players who say are simply trolls trying to avoid a ban and actually have a good connection.

• Like 2

24H4oa0.jpg

This is not a good idea. For example, on the Simulation servers my ping ranges from 90 to 120. What you are suggesting is only people in central Europe can play on the Simulation servers. That is a horrible idea and will tank our player count. 

We already have an auto kick for when peoples latencies are too high, there is no need to lower it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mostly ping problem is bad internet connection and little bit old system pc problems if the peoples with bad connection or bad pc system if they avoid high populated area they will fine mostly and for lag always to keep it distance at least 100M when you see someone lagging give more space or slow down probably he will get kicked soon by the system.

Unfortunately there is nothing to be done about it, the problem is not with tmp but with players. As you suggest, if players over "80ms" cannot enter the server, it will be unfair and sad for them, because most countries are far from the server, even if the internet is good, "ms" can be output. The best thing to do for this is to keep distance with the next player.

• 6 months later...

Ping is too variable a factor to introduce a limit like this.

Currently we have 600ms ping auto-kick which is more for identifying disconnections and removing disconnected players. If we limited servers to players with <80 ping, it would significantly reduce the number of players who can use our services for no real reason.

If you notice someone has high ping, keep your distance. If you keep enough distance so that you would be able to stop if the vehicle in front suddenly stopped moving, you'll be fine driving behind anyone.