Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

What do you think is the reason why the Calais Duisburg road is used by everyone?

KeremTMN

The reason is simple. Because players use TruckersMP to meet a lot of people.

We can meet a lot of people when we drive down the busy road of Calais Duisburg. No one wants to drive alone on an empty street. If I'm driving alone on an empty street, I'd rather drive offline with AI traffic.

• Awesome! 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

It's no about socializing, it's about interacting and most of the time messing around with others.

Well documented in the picture that many of these don't give a damn about others, are not friendly or respectful and just craving for some attention.

Why the Big Sur event looked nothing like this? Seesm like numbers of players is not the only thing that declined.

• Upvote 1

I think that it is not used by everyone. I stopped using it many years ago, when the "Idiots on the road" videos started becoming too common. I know that there are others who, like me, decided to avoid it.

And since I mentioned those infamous videos, I think that they are the main reason for so many people to be on that road all of the time. Too many players only joined TruckersMP because they had watched those videos, liked what they saw in them, that's what they want and that they will not find anywhere else in the map, so they don't have reasons to leave.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

People love one-lane roads, and Calais Duisburg is the best one because it's entirely in the base map (no DLCs needed) and it's one lane for almost the entire length
A few years back, it used to be Dortmund-Rotterdam, but people shifted.

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 1

C-D road got busy, even in the early days of TruckersMP (ETS2MP back then) because it's the most central located road of the map, connecting the mainland of Europe (SCS started Europe with just Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Hungary and U.K) with England... Back when there were also traffic jams at Europoort (Rotterdam) because cargos to the U.K were the best paid jobs. Only veteran drivers will remember.  

The road got the reputation of 'death road' because of the chaos it occured (LOTS of traffic jams and trolls), and since everyone is in for a challenge (because let's face it: there's not much of a challenge around the main (base) maps of Europe, making driving a rather tedious experience for some) they would like to take on the challenge themselves. I mean, the most used road in ProMods is also a challenging road (Kirkenes mine trail). I hope that we will have some more challenging experiences in the future DLCs of SCS Software, because we're in for a challenge! I hope it'll be comparable with SCS earlier release of '18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker'.. 

My suggestion would be either an off-road challenge, or a tight spot challenge (such as Paris in real life)...  

• 3 weeks later...

When I joined TMP in 2014 it was the same as it's now...too many reckless/stupid people overtaking,ramming you on purpose,not respecting limits,sign,speed,priority excc maybe there was less people than now yes ik..but c-d road is always populated...it's so populated also by passaparola from friends,known people excc ex.

X: hello,what do you say we go on calais duisburg?
Y: what would it be and where is it located?
X: you follow me and find out....
by doing that then the place gets very populated and everyone goes to the same place...I don't want to say that no one told me that this road exist otherwise I would be lying even to myself xD also I got there years ago by passaparola.

Calais duisburg road will be more and more populated in the next years...unless if something change like the April fools with highway...maybe someone might not like it and not go there anymore...

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

• 2 months later...

Hey, 

The CD route has become popular because it connects several important cities on the map, mainly the port of Rotterdam where it was once a route with a huge concentration of players and now in turn Calais-Duisburg. And in my point of view, who frenquenta the route, wants to socialize, it can be boring to drive for hours in places that do not have concentration of players, but unfortunately we have players who do not respect the rules and want to run over everyone on the CD route.

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.