Drivers Licences (hear me out)

GWRyan

Suggestion Name: TruckersMP should add drivers licences.

Suggestion Description: They should make it so you have to pass an easy driving test to be able to get onto simulation 1 and drive 110kmph (68mph) with collisions and then you should have to pass a harder driving test to get onto simulation 2 and Promods. You wouldn't need a licence to play on arcade because it has no collisions. You would be able to do the tests as many times as you want so if you aren't a good enough driver when you take a test then you could practice and then do it again later and pass.

Why it should be added: I think they should be added because it would improve the overall experience for good drivers and it would make it harder for hackers to get into the collision servers because they would have to pass a test to get in every time they make a new account, therefore reducing the amount of hackers online per day.

So let's make a new TruckersMP team of "examiners", recruit like 1000-2000 people so they can do the tests to all of the existing players in a more or less timely fashion (this number could be lowered later to one that can manage the new players only), get players to pass a simple test where they show that they can drive and forget about what they will actually do in the servers once they have passed. Besides, the servers should be "white-listed" first, so only players with a license can join.

Suggested before, more than once, always rejected for the reasons I mentioned and others.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GWRyan said:

You would be able to do the tests as many times as you want so if you aren't a good enough driver when you take a test then you could practice and then do it again later and pass.

I would allow to fail the test twice only, with a cool-down and training period of 1 month between each failed test. If one still hasn't understood the basic principles of maneuvering a vehicle under consideration of the road traffic regulations after that time, one clearly is not fit for it.

But as @FernandoCR [ESP] correctly pointed out, a passed exam doesn't guarantee a continued well-behavior.

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2023 at 10:56 AM, Hidara said:

The maximum I would agree with is to add a driver rating.

Ah yes, so like the feature on the Trucky app where you can leave a review your friends? I think its an interesting idea but could be abused so it would need a bit of moderation and tweaks to make it possible on the entire TMP network.

Or, it might work a bit like https://rate-driver.co.uk/ (hilarious website by the way)

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

On 4/3/2023 at 1:43 PM, Misty Island said:

So why make a game complicated?

Because there are a lot of bad drivers in this game

7 minutes ago, LEVO. said:

Completely unnecessary in my opinion as it would be obviously impossible to keep track of and test out the millions of players across the project.

Who said million? he talks only about the TMP, and there are like 10000 players max.

On 4/3/2023 at 4:45 PM, d e u said:

seems to be difficult with so many users

10k users is hard?

On 4/3/2023 at 4:02 PM, Flaming. said:

We have 5 million accounts. How are we going to test 5 million players? 

5 million accounts but not everyone is playing this game still. I guess like 10k different players maximum are playing in a month. It isn't that much compared to the number you've wrote. And you can just write a script so it'll be automaticlly done to every person that is joining the TMP session/server; And you can teleport every player to another place or session so it won't make lags.

I fully agree with you! This is the only way to save somehow the game from the hackers and bad drivers, or at least decrease their amount.

On 4/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, blabberbeak said:

The number of created accounts doesn't reflect the number of active players. The latter are significant lower.

You're completely right, that's what I thought about

On 4/3/2023 at 4:45 PM, d e u said:

seems to be difficult with so many users

They can write an automatic script, it's still hard but easier than doing it to every player one by one.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:17 PM, Be4rdy said:

Tests are pointless, lets being honest you could drive well to pass this test

and then drive like a total tool because you can

I partly agree with you, but don't forget that it'll make the hackers intentions more difficult, so there will be less hackers.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:42 PM, Turbo Djani said:

This is just making game complicated

Because there are a lot of bad drivers in this game, don't even talk about the hackers.

On 4/5/2023 at 2:19 PM, LemonJuicee said:

Hey,

It might be a good idea. But the TruckersMP community is a huge community. I don't think all the players will agree to it. TruckersMP is a community with 5 Million members...

Not everyone is active up to this day. Maybe 10k max players play this game in a month. So they'll be able to do all the checkups to lots of the players. And they can srite an automatic script that will do the checkups to everyplayer that joins the session/server once. 

On 4/9/2023 at 12:56 PM, Hidara said:

The maximum I would agree with is to add a driver rating.

It's the only way to beat the hackers. So it's nenecessary.

On 4/3/2023 at 12:53 PM, Stones8000 said:

This would almost certainly kill TruckersMP, and most people would stop playing the game. This would also be way too hard for TruckersMP to moderate as they do not have the staff to do this.

First of all, elaborate why it would kill TMP. Secondly, They can write an automatic script that will do the test to players one by one by saying or teleporting them to the solo game or somewhere far away from all the players so it won't make lags. Thirdly, the test doesn't have to be a driving test, they can make it like on the screen where you need to match the correct answer of the questions. And fourthly, why just not to find more staff? Even if it's hard, but there's no other way. Even if they'll decline this suggestion, they still will need more staff. So why not to do this right now to make more projects? It's necessary to the TMP game.

Although it sounds nice at first, I think it doesn't make much sense. It will be very difficult to test so many players. Since this is already a simulation, banning trolls seems like a better option. Bugs or other methods can be used to pass the exam. Also, if such a project were to happen, TruckersMP might not seem to trust the players and it wouldn't be nice. The majority of players will stop playing the game. If we want to separate more professional drivers from others,  there may be servers that require some playing time (such as 750+ hours). But I don't think there's a need for that.

Best Regards,

Sowren

Steam | TruckersMP | World of Trucks | Discord

Report a Player | Support | Feedback | Appeal Your Ban