Are sim 2 drivers more reckless?

Iuca

Are drivers more reckless on sim 2?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Have you noticed worse driving on sim 2?

Since the new sim 2 update I have had alot more clips of poor driving ect. I want to know if you have had the same experience on sim 2 and if you think this is caused by the new speed limit change?

Honestly, my f7 button might wear away at this point, its being used so much more.

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

Greetings,

As far as i am aware of, it looks to continue to be the same. A small bunch of **reckless drivers** moved on to Sim 2 but it appears to be as reckless as it used to be.
It was not too many years ago that we got the update to 110, so honestly it came as no surprise that we would see more reckless drivers now.

I assume that Sim 1 what-so-ever remains as we all knows, places where the trolls goes because of the popularity.

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

Driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

In terms of Euro Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator, and TruckersMP, this means that every player who operates a vehicle (truck) at an excessive speed (exceeding national speed limits; speeding) and that is considered unsafe is guilty of reckless driving.

Paragraph 2 of TruckersMP's Game-only rules states in this regard that "Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and can factor in a punishment decision."

Therefore, the recently introduced higher speed limit of 150 km/h will consequently increase the number of players who are guilty of reckless driving.

I don't think sim2 players are more reckless than sim1 players

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

I've tried SIM2 for 10-15min. There were just 300 players on the server. I was on C-D to meet/see some players (obviously).

And since there was much less traffic than SIM1, people were literally racing! Here is an example when I started my trip: https://gofile.io/d/GmXLJd

I was driving normally, respecting speed limits, and people were flying around me at 150km/h overtaking on the right shoulders and grass. Most of them didn't touch me but I still ended up with 3-4 small collisions and 25% damage (I started at 0%). And I saw quite a few crashes (mainly between 2 trucks but some with just one player not able to control his/her truck). Not a pleasant experience.

To resume, I don't know if people are more reckless than on SIM1 but with the extra speed people can take (due to less traffic), dangerous situations are becoming even more dangerous. And when these happen you get much bigger damage and potentially people involved.

5 minutes ago, Bradd said:

the question is how are staff staffing both servers to make it fair for everyone and to complete reports

I guess we already have the answer. It was already difficult to manage reports when there was only 1 server. Now with a 2nd server where people can drive even faster and have more chances to crash and drive recklessly, I don't think it will be any better.

• True Story 1

@Bradd, @Foobrother,

thank you for putting the inescapable conclusion on the table.

I've mentioned it before, but only few seem to understand yet the consequence of an increased speed limit:

an increased number of accidents and eventually an increased number of reports will bring report moderators to their limit again, as it was the case before Road To Simulation.

This will give perpetrators more time to misbehave and makes rule-abiding player suffer longer.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.