6 or 12 Speed?

Kааn

Hello fellow truckers!

Do you prefer 6 or 12 speed transmission, and why?

Please add reasons why would you choose that so we all can learn more about which transmission would be more convenient with different truck or load combinations!

For me, I use 12 speed. I usually carry loads between 20-35 tons and I don’t really care about the acceleration. 12 speed helps much with heavy loads too. It’s much easier to carry loads with a 12 speed transmission, especially in uphills.

I am looking forward for your answers!

Sincerely,

Kaan

• Kааn changed the title to 6 or 12 Speed?

Hello, 

When traveling with an empty trailer I use the 6 gear option as it runs faster and shifts faster.
While carrying a load, I take my 12-speed vehicle, it is more comfortable and realistic when carrying the load, but I apply it above a certain tonnage.
Above 15 tons I use 12 gears, but below 15 tons I usually use 6 gears, but it happens when I use 12 gears.

5 minutes ago, Sαммч. said:

Hello, 

When traveling with an empty trailer I use the 6 gear option as it runs faster and shifts faster.
While carrying a load, I take my 12-speed vehicle, it is more comfortable and realistic when carrying the load, but I apply it above a certain tonnage.
Above 15 tons I use 12 gears, but below 15 tons I usually use 6 gears, but it happens when I use 12 gears.

Yup, nice point! Thank you for your answer. :HaulieLove:

• HaulieLove 1

I mostly prefer 6 gears

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

I like 12 gear, because it makes it easier for me to transport goods

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

I use 6 speed as I just don't like the fact that the truck is changing gear every second with a 12 speed. 6 speed gets you up to speed and through the gears much more nicely and quickly in my opinion.

I only use 12 speed for my heavy cargo truck as it's better at pulling heavier cargo's especially on hills. 

Илиян Каменов 

I use 6 speed as I just don't like the fact that the truck is changing gear every second with a 12 speed. 6 speed gets you up to speed and through the gears much more nicely and quickly in my opinion.

I only use 12 speed for my heavy cargo truck as it's better at pulling heavier cargo's especially on hills. 

Илиян Каменов 

I use 6 gears for a simple reason: I have an H-Shifter and I can manage 6 speeds easily but I am too clumsy to use the range/splitter thing with 12 or more speeds gearboxes. I also switch trucks when I'm hauling heavy cargoes, the truck I use then has more engine power, 6x4 chassis instead of 4x2 and 12 or more speeds gearbox, but I also change from manual to real automatic mode transmission.

TBH, the most realistic would probably be to use 12+ speeds and real automatic always, because that's what most modern trucks are using AFAIK, but... I don't play any other driving games, it would mean that I wasted my money with the H-Shifter 🤣

• Upvote 1