Tweak Server limit

Suggestion Name: Tweak server limit

Suggestion Description: Simulation 1 to 3500, Simulation 2 to 2000 (or anything similar, as long as Sim 1 gets more slots)

Why should it be added?: Simulation 1 almost always requires you to wait in queue now, in order to join, while Simulation 2 doesn't reach half the current limit yet. I know it's still early, but I think it's a necessary change until people find out about the new server and its speed limit.

VTCs mostly want a realistic experience...and I hate to sound like a broken record(i know this argument has been used a lot) but zooming around the map Need for Speed style isnt exactly realistic, but to each their own. There might be some speed freak companies out there.

regardless, i say its necessary because i shouldnt have to sit in queue if some people wanted a different speed limit. I dont mind giving them their own server, but dont limit my access to mine ^^

• Upvote 1

I really understand your suggestion, but this process has just started, maybe in a few weeks the number of slots will be increased according to server popularity.

I am giving you this answer based on a comment made by @Jeronimο on this blog.

You can find it on this blog;
https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/111663-project-update-back-to-basics/page/6/#comment-1093587

40 minutes ago, revelena said:

Suggestion Name: Tweak server limit

Suggestion Description: Simulation 1 to 3500, Simulation 2 to 2000 (or anything similar, as long as Sim 1 gets more slots)

Why should it be added?: Simulation 1 almost always requires you to wait in queue now, in order to join, while Simulation 2 doesn't reach half the current limit yet. I know it's still early, but I think it's a necessary change until people find out about the new server and its speed limit.

Wow!!!

now I get what you meant...

I thought it was the normal queue 1,2 or 3

now we have to wait for real .......

I just log online now.... +83 people in queue hahahahaha this is funny.....

let's see how it goes 😆

let me BURN some tires 150km here I come..😆😄😁

I believe this suggestion being accepted wouldn't necessarily change much. I play at peak times on Simulation 1, and I am in the queue for no longer than 2-3 minutes, often it takes a few seconds. Due to the AFK kick feature, as well as players being disconnected for moderation purposes the numbers are consistently fluctuating.

Now that Simulation 2 has had their speed limit changed, I believe over time this will reduce the amount of players wanting to play on Simulation 1.

• Business Analyst

The number of concurrent players on Simulation 1 has been hanging on and around 3000 players for the past few months, and according to testimonials (such as the one above) it doesn't take too long to get in either. As mentioned in a recent blog, we'll continue to monitor the demand and make adjustments where necessary. One weekend alone does not provide the necessary insights as of yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i dont think that adding some slight changes would be a super bad idea.

But its also true to say that now staying in queue for just some seconds with about other 50 to 60 people isnt a problem anymore in comparation to how servers were two to three years ago when they were constantly loaded and even entering the queue required some minutes to wait.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeronimο said:

The number of concurrent players on Simulation 1 has been hanging on and around 3000 players for the past few months, and according to testimonials (such as the one above) it doesn't take too long to get in either. As mentioned in a recent blog, we'll continue to monitor the demand and make adjustments where necessary. One weekend alone does not provide the necessary insights as of yet.

I, for one, consider lowering the Sim 1 slots by 1 thousand right off the bat was a really bold move. If i was handling this and saw the screenshot below, i'd instantly take away slots from Sim 2 and add them to Sim 1 (mind you its not even peak time yet). What amount of time would provide the ideal insight? I'm not sure what the technical limitations are, but if you're able to mess about with the slots easily, there's no reason why you shouldn't do it.

And to answer the person above me, if things were bad 2-3 years ago, they don't have to be bad now as well.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...