Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

2 hours ago, nicokay9 said:

You CAN drive 150 kp/h, it doesn't mean you HAVE to drive 150 km/h.

You can drive as you please and to your own standards.

its not that i would drive at high speed but its the trolls of TMP driving at that speed and taking me out along the way had 2 idiots this afternoon bombing past me clipping my truck and trailer and lets not forget its a trucking game not a racing game each to there own! 

• True Story 1

5 hours ago, nicokay9 said:

When everyone around me is flying / crashing / flipping / warping / swerving / zigzaging / smashing / drifting / whatever else you may think of?

All the while 90% of people I meet act extremely disrespectful to everyone else, not to mention plenty of conscious trolling?  

Nope, thank you. Your whole concept does not meet my standards at the slightest any longer, not even with lower speed limit.

TMP is long known for very low standards among simulation players, and there will be none left if you want to continue down set path.

And before jesters react and suggest I should uninstall and play something else, it's done, but TMP is not the game, and The Game is not TMP, so I will continue playing the game I love, and will continue supporting SCS Software with my money, thank you for the input in advance.

@Der Joey Thank you, very well said in your last post, fully agree on everyting and that was my suggestion in the optional part of server setup survey.

• Upvote 1
  • Awesome! 1

1 hour ago, Be4rdy said:

Ive got one complaint about this new cd change, The fuel stops

either make it a slip road off onto one on each side or make it inaccessable from the side from calais or just remove it all together and put one in at the new service place half way along the road.

otherwise bring back the old road because it had less traffic jams

CD road change is added because of 1st april, it will most likely be removed again pretty soon. 

2 hours ago, Der Joey said:

The update included a revision of the C/D road, as well as a higher speed limit on our servers after weeks of voting. There was criticism about the 150 km/h speed limit on our servers. In the context of the other changes to the C/D track, which I think is really worth a look, I think the 150 km/h limit on our servers is also harmful.  

We see that players more or less "came back" after the update to be able to drive fast again. It may be that the "Road to Simulation" project has failed. But why shouldn't we continue to work on it and consider more optional steps that deserve this title? Now we support again those who only do shit with this speed and can't even keep your own trucks under control at 110 km/h. If we can already go 150 km/h again (on all servers except SIM1), why don't they make a decision that is fair for everyone? 

I intentionally left out the [US] sim and the [SGP] sim because in my eyes it doesn't make sense to operate these two servers since hardly anyone plays on them.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

-Simulation 1; Speed limit 90/99 km/h, collision, road rules

-Simulation 2; Speed limit 150 km/h, collision, road rules (You should find another name, because it has nothing to do with "simulation")

-Arcade; Speed limit 150 km/h, no collision

-Promods; Speed limit 90/99km/h, collision, road rules 

-Promods-Arcade; Speed limit 150km/h, no collision

American Truck Simulator

-[US] Simulation; Speed limit 120/130km/h - 74mph, collision, road rules

-[US] Arcade; Speed limit 150 km/h - 93 mph, no collision  

In my eyes, that's pretty fair, since both sides benefit, right? I mean many wanted the 150 km/h now they have their 150 km/h server. In addition, the players then come at their expense who wanted to have a realistic server. If at least a server would appear, on which realism is really built, then more players would participate and keep TruckersMP alive. ( with caution expressed "keep alive").

In addition, the changes in penalties need to be reconsidered. I notice that since the change to 150 km/h on all servers (except sim1), a large number of players tend to mess up more and intentionally break the rules. Even if the admins should not be so strict in the sense of the players, the players should first have more respect for the people who sacrifice their free time for this project. The topic of respect has simply slipped into the mud in recent years, affecting both TMP staff and players! The current penalties for overtaking in a traffic jam or similar cannot and should not be punished with 7 days, as such things are done deliberately. In this regard, such things should continue to be punished with 15 to 21 days. It's enough that the permanent bans have been abolished for the most part, but a no tolerance policy must be maintained for certain things like racism! It does not matter if something slipped out or not!

We'll see what happens with the update, maybe this will be discontinued in the next 2 months who knows. With these words, stay healthy. ❤️

I am very agree on what you have mentioned here in that message, since 150 km/h is step backwards from simulation project we got introduced back 3-4 years ago.

There is thing i hope (IDK if i said it here, cannot rememebr).

I do hope that people who are going for simulation and chill drive , have something to say more than these people who looking for to drive fast and making collisions with another player 🤦‍♂️
Simulation games is Simulation, not Need For Speed as many people thinking it is. 

Addition from above, i hope people do realise that it is SIMULATION and not arcade game as these people thinking it is. - It is fine for me, that they crying that they cannot drive 256 km/h and destroy the fun for others because they cannot steer correctly. I do not understand why people are hurry in this trucking simulator game? You have pretty much time to deliver at TruckersMP - the time is slower than singleplayer. But i guess, i will never find out and understand why.

I do hope, that it will go towards simulation again, in the near future, since there is so many people who critize this change(s). 

If i was Management-staff and have something to say,(if this should happen or not) i would never allow this change to happen. I would have done something else, that i will not go in details with for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChristmarDK said:

I am very agree on what you have mentioned here in that message, since 150 km/h is step backwards from simulation project we got introduced back 3-4 years ago.

I do hope that people who are going for simulation and chill drive , have something to say more than these people who looking for to drive fast and making collisions with another player 🤦‍♂️
Simulation games is Simulation, not Need For Speed as many people thinking it is. 

Addition from above, i hope people do realise that it is SIMULATION and not arcade game as these people thinking it is. - It is fine for me, that they crying that they cannot drive 256 km/h and destroy the fun for others because they cannot steer correctly. I do not understand why people are hurry in this trucking simulator game? You have pretty much time to deliver at TruckersMP - the time is slower than singleplayer. But i guess, i will never find out and understand why.

I do hope, that it will go towards simulation again, in the near future, since there is so many people who critize this change(s). 

If i was Management-staff and have something to say,(if this should happen or not) i would never allow this change to happen. I would have done something else, that i will not go in details with for now.

I will give my opinion on this matter. I don't know why some people are not happy about increasing the speed limit in Simulation 2 from 110 km/h to 150 km/h, I understand that there will be more violations and problems etc... but will you convince me that before when the speed limit was 110 km/h there were no collisions? The recklessness of many players? Dangerous overtaking and loss of control? Before the speed limit was changed, I had many problems with subversive players. This is absolutely not a solution for them to return the speed to 110 km/h or even reduce it. There will still be bad players. Also, you are not obligated to drive at 150 km/h. If you don't like it, you can drive at 90 km/h or at the legal speed of the road, you are not obligated to drive at 150 km/h. From my point of view, changing the speed to 150 km/h is good, because it may solve the problems of traffic jams and congestion, or when you need to use a higher speed when overtaking in some cases and others... As for the modification that took place on the C-D road, I see it as a good adjustment, however there is a note in that, adjusting it to be highway this is excellent rather than before but at the gas station near Calais here is the problem, there is very strong congestion and I think the road in that area should be modified to some way to solve the problem. This was my opinion on this topic, thank you.

Kindest Regards,

FayezTMP | TruckersMP Player

Bruijn Logistics |  General Manager + Driver

1791576545_role_VeteranI(1).png.e3f68b3c

status.png

Reports | Appeals | Knowledge Base | Support System | Feedback System | Recruitment

11 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Completely agree. Unfortunately I can already foresee people regrouping to the SIM2 server to meet as many players as possible. Because SIM2 is where you will have the most players (since the majority wanted 150km/h) 😞

Ultimately we will end up with nobody on SIM1 and everyone on SIM2 and they will come back to the one simulation server setup again 😆

There is no harm in the desire to meet others. It's the fundamental idea of a multiplayer game.

Nevertheless will it be Interesting to see if and how both groups, the one of simulation players and the one of racing players, will co-exist on the Simulation 2 server. Because that will eventually be the consequence of splitting the servers.

• True Story 1

14 hours ago, nicokay9 said:

Thanks for this important statement, @nicokay9.

I hereby call all players who strive for realistic simulation to drive up and down the Road between Duisburg and Calais following all national road traffic rules and in-game rules. 😉

Let's see how long driving "as we please and to our own standards" will be accepted, how that goes for the "casual player," and how long it's going to take for the report system to overflow again.

• Haha 2
  • Woah! 1

15 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Completely agree. Unfortunately I can already foresee people regrouping to the SIM2 server to meet as many players as possible. Because SIM2 is where you will have the most players (since the majority wanted 150km/h) 😞

Ultimately we will end up with nobody on SIM1 and everyone on SIM2 and they will come back to the one simulation server setup again 😆

Yeesh 👋,

That's no use. At that time it was also so that on EU1 were about 700-900 players, there you had your peace. On EU2 were all as chaotic as we SIM1 experience today. EU3 was then rather a server where also not many played like for example the US SIM server on ETS

12 hours ago, ChristmarDK said:

Well, it's just MY forecast. 

We are now back to the current state of things as they were more or less back then. I think due to the rapid decline of players in 2020/2021, TMP did not want to lose all the players and had to react accordingly and bring "new" content and have therefore made in a very short time the changes that are in place today. 

As mentioned before we are still a game, but not a Forza 5, GTA 5 or any other racing game. 

As I already suggested, we should still have servers for people who want it to be realistic, just so it's divided fairly! Also, despite the failed project "Road to Simulation", you could continue to work on it and open a server where exactly these things are continued and developed. 

As long as we continue to drive at 150 km/h, there must be changes regarding the penalties and they should be tightened again! Since Luna has joined the team again, I hope that such changes can be achieved in the next few months until summer at the latest.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

4 minutes ago, Der Joey said:

Yeesh 👋,

That's no use. At that time it was also so that on EU1 were about 700-900 players, there you had your peace. On EU2 were all as chaotic as we SIM1 experience today. EU3 was then rather a server where also not many played like for example the US SIM server on ETS

Well, it's just MY forecast. 

We are now back to the current state of things as they were more or less back then. I think due to the rapid decline of players in 2020/2021, TMP did not want to lose all the players and had to react accordingly and bring "new" content and have therefore made in a very short time the changes that are in place today. 

As mentioned before we are still a game, but not a Forza 5, GTA 5 or any other racing game. 

As I already suggested, we should still have servers for people who want it to be realistic, just so it's divided fairly! Also, despite the failed project "Road to Simulation", you could continue to work on it and open a server where exactly these things are continued and developed. 

As long as we continue to drive at 150 km/h, there must be changes regarding the penalties and they should be tightened again! Since Luna has joined the team again, I hope that such changes can be achieved in the next few months until summer at the latest.

We can only wait and see what the future brings. 

20 minutes ago, Der Joey said:

Now that we have again 2 "simulation" servers, we should try to setup two levels of punishments depending on where you played. An offence on SIM1 would have more consequences than on SIM2.

This would keep SIM1 more simulation focused but would also maintain the segregation between the groups of players which would result in less players per server in the short term.

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Thanks for this important statement, @nicokay9.

I hereby call all players who strive for realistic simulation to drive up and down the Road between Duisburg and Calais following all national road traffic rules and in-game rules. 😉

Let's see how long driving "as we please and to our own standards" will be accepted, how that goes for the "casual player," and how long it's going to take for the report system to overflow again.

What do you mean? People have been doing this for years already, and nobody has been punished for following national road rules, lol.

But yes, if you actively seek out the busiest places where hundreds of players are (don't forget that a massive part of this community are children) your chances of getting involved in an accident or trolls will increase. Nothing shocked pikachu face about that...

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

9 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

What do you mean? People have been doing this for years already, and nobody has been punished for following national road rules, lol.

But yes, if you actively seek out the busiest places where hundreds of players are (don't forget that a massive part of this community are children) your chances of getting involved in an accident or trolls will increase. Nothing shocked pikachu face about that...

Thank you for demonstrating how to completely misunderstand a post. 🤣

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Thank you for demonstrating how to completely misunderstand a post. 🤣

Please refer to my first sentence.

• Haha 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

5 hours ago, StateCA [NL] said:

Please refer to my first sentence.

In fact, the first sentence you were asking for clarification and they reply that you don't understand anything after not explaining what you asked them, this shows the level of reasoning with these people....

Separated from this post and answer,

What "this" players are doing is a losing battle, what they wanted was done many years ago and failed, and just when TMP was much more played than now, so they still have more evidence of what the majority of people really wanted, plus they have the recent survey results; what has changed in all these years in what the majority of players wanted? nothing.

To play the way they want they don't need TMP to force the speed limit to 90 on all players, they can very well do it themselves, plus different types of players can coexist on the same server since they do not drive in the same areas,

They complain as if they drive in populated areas, c-d and surroundings every day, that makes the point of these complaints... it is more of a campaign than anything else... 

• Haha 1
  • True Story 2

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

In fact, you had to go to the popular areas or nearby zones, no one forced you to drive there and you knew what you were going to find, this proves my points, keep going on with the campaign 😂

34 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

7 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

In fact, you had to go to the popular areas or nearby zones, no one forced you to drive there and you knew what you were going to find, this proves my points, keep going on with the campaign 😂

The funniest part to me is that nothing even really happened in those videos, lol. Someone overtook on the shoulder lane, and someone overtook via the grass.

Sure, against the rules. And if someone reported them or if an admin saw it they would get a ban. But did it really alter anyone's gaming experience?

Some players really need to take a big chill pill and not get so damn frustrated with everything they see. Let people play a game, jesus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 3

Kind regards,

partyaap

5 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

The funniest part to me is that nothing even really happened in those videos, lol. Someone overtook on the shoulder lane, and someone overtook via the grass.

Sure, against the rules. And if someone reported them or if an admin saw it they would get a ban. But did it really alter anyone's gaming experience?

Some players really need to take a big chill pill and not get so damn frustrated with everything they see. Let people play a game, jesus.

You are right! i missed it completly 😂

I closed the clip as soon as i saw where he was driving 🤣

But yeah, i'm with you, a big chill pill is need it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StateCA [NL] said:

You are right, TMP should make a movie trailer with scenes like these to attract more players 😂

But did it really alter anyone's gaming experience?

You should ask this question to the 3 players from the second video who had a collision due to reckless drivers.

And do you really believe I did C-D (even with just 300 players on the server) without any damage?! Of course several players crashed into me while overtaking. But I kept the most "fun" parts otherwise I would have to edit 6 or 7 videos within the short period I played 😂

Sure, against the rules. And if someone reported them or if an admin saw it they would get a ban.

Yes indeed: collisions, reckless driving, incorrect overtaking. That's indeed a few rules not respected. If one is not happy with the rules and don't want to respect them, just don't play this game or go on the Arcade server (or play solo).

And if you want to change the rules, complain/discuss it. But until they get changed to something better, just respect the rules. Simple. Everything else is philosophy.

• Upvote 1