Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

45 minutes ago, Stones8000 said:

You are not "forced" to share a road with any group of individuals, as the Simulation 1 server still exists for anyone who is not in favour of the new changes. 

yes but he is talking about the promods server which in theory only has 1 server, so you will be forced to share the road with simracers

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ferrari_NF said:

Honestly this is the best way to destroy promods server with this 150 kmh speed limit... why just not leave promods the way it is (110kmh) and do the new modificacions on promods arcade? server promods gonna be ruined because of those changes

How would this destroy the promods server? 🤣 Apart from the famous kirkines road, the other areas are not busy at all, and sometimes you can count the players you come across in your journey with a single hand. It's not like you are forced to drive 150 kmh, it's just the limit.

• Like 5

Best Regards

76561198142274477.png

9 minutes ago, Vampire said:

How would this destroy the promods server? 🤣 Apart from the famous kirkines road, the other areas are not busy at all, and sometimes you can count the players you come across in your journey with a single hand. It's not like you are forced to drive 150 kmh, it's just the limit.

in my opinion there will be a lot more players joining the promods server now that the speed limits are higher and consequently there will be a lot of rushers who will either crash you or send you off the road... but let's wait and see

• Like 2

(FR) Je pensais que cette nouvelle était une bonne nouvelle mais c'est tout le contraire ! 150km/h en Promods ou même 110km/h c'est irréaliste. Je préfère rester en solo sans TMP. Un camion est normalement limité à 90 km/h qu'on le veuille ou non, il aurait été préférable de proposer un serveur "Sérieux et strict" comme en mode réel. Tel que cela se fait en simulation aérienne tel que IVAO ou VATSIM. Car là c'est accident, destruction de marchandises et bagarre avec des trolls. Ça sera sans moi !

(ENG) I thought this news was good news but it's quite the opposite! 150km/h in Promods or even 110km/h is unrealistic. I prefer to stay solo without TMP. A truck is normally limited to 90 km/h whether we like it or not, it would have been better to offer a "Serious and strict" server like in real mode. As done in flight simulation such as IVAO or VATSIM. Because there is accident, destruction of goods and fight with trolls. It will be without me!

• Like 2
  • True Story 3

23 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Simulation 1 hasn't changed, true. Why not? If a new server with 150 Km/h speed limit was going to be opened, why not change Sim1 to 90 Km/h limit, as many people had asked? But this is not the main issue here. Adding Simulation 2 server is, as clearly stated in the OP, "going back to basics", namely, "the times of EU#1 and EU#2". And everyone who was in TMP at the time, knows what it means. 

And it's nothing like threatening. Back in 2019 I'd already stopped using TMP because I found it completely unsatistying for what I wanted. Now, TMP went back to what it used to be, I've just done what I already did back then. What would be the point of threatening, unless we had a good enough leverage? And clearly, we (the ones who like to simulate) have anything but that. Why threaten with something that TMP seems to not care about?

Once again, "back to the basics". Simulation 1, now that Simulation 2 has been opened, is the same as EU#1 used to be and EU#1 used to be dead. If Arcade server was (and will remain) dead, then clearly "the community" did not care about speed, right? Same logic applies.

The difference, anyone who wants to play simulation style can do so in Simulation 2 (formerly known as EU#2) and follow the road rules, speed limits, etc. Those who have been whining for years to get EU#2 back couldn't play "their style" in Simulation 1 and yet, they stayed there and kept whining. Because their style is not just speed... It's speed with collisions (Funny moments/Idiots on the road videos should be a good example) and enough protection in case things go wrong (enforced rules to report others) but not too harsh in case things go wrong the other way (more leniency in the punishment in case they are banned). Whining worked, it would seem, since they got what they wanted 😄

Once again, to be remain consistent with the last few years, Fernando's argument of "please only provide a server that caters to my playstyle, screw everybody else" is infallible.

The concept of "the community" not solely being you, your friends, your playstyle, seems inconceivable to grasp.

I think the only reason you hate this change is because you are afraid simulation 1 will die and everybody will play on simulation 2. Do you not want to be confronted with a reality where how you want to play this game, may not be in line with what everybody else wants?

• Like 2
  • True Story 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

1 hour ago, StateCA [NL] said:

Once again, to be remain consistent with the last few years, Fernando's argument of "please only provide a server that caters to my playstyle, screw everybody else" is infallible.

The concept of "the community" not solely being you, your friends, your playstyle, seems inconceivable to grasp.

I think the only reason you hate this change is because you are afraid simulation 1 will die and everybody will play on simulation 2. Do you not want to be confronted with a reality where how you want to play this game, may not be in line with what everybody else wants?

The last few years I did have a server that catered (more or less) to my playstyle, no need to ask for anything. Who has been asking for a server that caters to their playstyle these last few years? The people who wanted to play TruckersMP as another GTA/NFS clone. Once again, a show of how "infallible" your arguments can be 🤣

I'm not afraid that Sim1 will die, I know for a fact that it will. At the end of the day, we are back to EU#1 vs. EU#2 and I know how things went at that time, I was there.

The only reason I hate this change is because it shows how TruckersMP has surrendered to these GTA/NFS style players, despite everything they said against that. Being not one of them, I don't feel like staying. I play games/mods as long as I like them, when I don't like them anymore, I look for another ones. Or in this case, I remove the mod and use simply the game. So no problem for me. And I hope that the problems for the GM team will not be as much stressful as I fear. But I doubt that.

EDIT: Just to add that, having already given up myself on TruckersMP, I won't be posting anything else in this topic. I already gave my opinion about the matter and won't engage further in debates that don't lead anywhere or achieve anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The last few years I did have a server that catered (more or less) to my playstyle, no need to ask for anything. Who has been asking for a server that caters to their playstyle these last few years? The people who wanted to play TruckersMP as another GTA/NFS clone. Once again, a show of how "infallible" your arguments can be 🤣

Is there supposed to be a point in here? It makes no sense at all. I guess we will never know.

• Haha 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

My opinion in this regard about these changes for me are good since they have been decided by the users through voting obviously everyone can like the changes but the community has spoken also it seems quite good to me that it is 2 servers one that is limited to 110 and the other to 150. In my case, I wouldn't mind playing on any server since I'm going to 90 I know that driving can take forever if you do long routes but there are people who drive at 90 takes forever and That is why the majority of people go to 110, in this case they will go to 150 and I understand it, after all, you have to satisfy the people of the community and do what the majority want in this case because of the voting and the result came out. Hopefully in the future Truckersmp will progress and add things or new functions.

• Like 1

I feel this move is the wrong way to go about things. 

Road to Simulation was meant to be a great idea, had it been handled properly. TruckersMP should be (should *have* been) a multiplayer extension of the core game, which is a Simulator. There is nothing in these changes that hints towards the core ethic of American Truck Simulator or Euro Truck Simulator. We’ve all known for some time, the main group of players are those who don’t know the first thing about trucks, the way the drive, or the regulations concerning them. So, for Project Management to pander to the needs of these people is a terrible idea. This isn’t the first example in recent months either. 

We’ve seen it in the changes to ban lengths, removal of almost all forms of permanent bans, even so much as removing permanent bans of players from the past. Now, we’re lowering ourselves even more by removing the final aspect of whatever minimum of Simulation was left.

The final insult? The Project Manager responsible for this reversal is not even sticking around to see what happens as a result of his changes!?! This is incredibly poor leadership. You are in effect saying, here you go, I’ve reversed everything that we’ve all been working towards for the last 3 years, have fun, bye bye. It’s weak, and pathetic. 

It’s a kick in the teeth for those of us who prefer to drive how the game intended us to use it in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • True Story 3
  • Woah! 1

Good idea to bring back Simulation 2 (EU2) as it was in the old one, so it separates those who really want to simulate stay in Simulation 1 and those who want to go a little faster go to Simulation 2.
Because when the people from TruclersMP created the Road Simulation project and made the change in the servers, it seems that the game level got worse, it dropped a lot, because the people seem to have unlearned how to play the game.
Just like they did now, the 2 audiences will like to simulate and those who like to go faster.

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2023 at 6:17 PM, Flaming. said:

That actually makes sense. 2/3rd of the community wants this new server, so why would we keep the same capacity when only 2/3rds of the community wants it? Besides, I'm fairly sure it was stated somewhere the server capacity will change based on demand. 

Did you read the results of the voting and the changes from TMP? Are you sure that you understand it properly? Because it seems not...

It's good that Sim2 can drive at 150 km/h like before. This is really a very good step forward as this is the desire of many players since Road Simulation was applied. Of course, there will be people who don't like this because they hate racing and reckless drivers, and that's also why TMP keeps Sim1 at 110 km/h, which is suitable for those who love driving simulation.

Personally, I really like this. Many thanks to TMP for this update.

Let's see how Sim2 will quickly return and be as popular as ever.

Btw when will Europort be back to the way it was? 👀😂

• Like 1

Firstly, I think that with this move, TruckersMP has stepped back into its old days, and secondly, it has shown how many little kids play this game. And thirdly, I disagree with this move, especially because Simulation is the name of the server, then let's have simulation in the speed limit too. That's exactly what arcade servers were for, if you like to go fast, that's where you belong. Promods for server is mainly a bad idea. Fourthly, I think truckersmp should not need such innovations, but bug fixes, like map zoom crash fix, or alt tab crash fix, or client crash because asus aura sync software. And to bring in new features like company specific truck and trailer skin uploads that can be used on the server by employees of that company. Or a communtyhub where approved mods can be downloaded and used on the server. If the season mods can be solved, this can be done.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1