Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

12 hours ago, StateCA [NL] said:

Yeah. I assumed when you were talking about more simulation oriented people playing that you meant TruckersMP, not singleplayer.

If you believe people on TruckersMP are more casual and not that interested in simulation, then why are you against these changes?

That's not what I meant either.

As I said earlier I won't re-answer again and again this question. It's already answered (from my point of view at least) in my previous messages.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:29 AM, Jeronimο said:

Sound like reasonable hypotheses indeed, it may increase the likelihood of accidents happening and thus could increase the number of reports.

What I tried to exemplify with my message is not to talk about likelihoods or chances of something happening, instead I tried to test the hypothesis that not having the Road to Simulation policy lead to more reports with two simple metrics: having Road to Simulation (yes or no) and the number of web reports (integer). I also added playtime as a control variable (numeric) as I already knew playtime and the number of web reports are traditionally highly correlated. The data range included the variables per day for roughly the last 4.5 years. No relation between the type of policy and number of web reports could be found through logistic regression, though a strong relation could be found between playtime and the number of reports through linear regression.

To my knowledge we have not published the number of reports over time, with the exception of this blog that I wrote last year about a few insights from 2020-2021: https://truckersmp.com/blog/264

On 4/13/2023 at 5:49 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Not really. The crowd of TMP was much more casual in 2018-2019 and i believe the RTS pushed a culture change in the playerbase since it treated offenses very hard, sent away many casual truckers & basically appealed to simulation-oriented players. I've chatted with many players within the servers in the past, and while the sentiment of bitterness about the speed limit existed in the past, you don't see it much these days, especially after the release of Convoy, where many players moved on. And realistically speaking, today people have actually chosen Simulation 1 over Simulation 2 as the popular server, which means that the # of racing profiles as you call it, has not increased & instead people prefer a more simulation oriented playstyle.

That being said combined with what Fernando said about the changes being announced everywhere, my question is why the outcome of the survey was in favor of raising the speed limit.

On 4/13/2023 at 7:10 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Don't know what would happen today. But like i said, i believe the playerbase is vastly different to what it used to be. The release of Convoy mode combined with RTS kept away most casual players & only attracted simulation-oriented players. Overall, i'd argue that the driving culture is much better compared to what it was.

I've been a frequent traveller of the C-D road for the past 6 years, and nowadays the C-D road doesn't even come close to what it used to be. Back in 2018, there used to be an incident every 100 meters. If you managed to leave with your truck & cargo unharmed, it would be a great achievement. Today, i still see people complaining about the C-D road and i can honestly tell you that they have no idea how it used to be. 

Now if you ask me, that was the most enjoyable part of the game. The chaos of the C-D road is a memory that i'll forever cherish and since RTS i've never enjoyed the game so much. I remember driving and laughing uncontrollably by all the mishaps that happened around me. I'm glad to see that the management has finally understood that the game needs to be fun as well. Please, @Jeronimο do consider making further changes towards that casual direction and i do hope that a more casual crowd could consider coming back and help grow the Simulation 2 server.

hey random trucker driver its totally relatable to me about what you said about c d road back in 2018,i have also experienced  cd road from 2018 i can vouch that RTS totally destroyed the community be it in their behavious or playing pattern.RTS till date is i think 4 years old and the damage caused by it cannot be repaired so soon,it will take years.Many veteran players moved to convoy scs official multiplayer and you dont need data to put a authenticity stamp on it @Jeronimο ,its that we long time players have experience and that experience gives this answer.

@Jeronimο i think changing server capacity should have been done after a few months like after studying a long time report.SIm 2 server capacity has been reduced to 1500 this will deter players in future from going there due to low capacity.

i talked to a lot of players in sim 1 and even pursuaded them to join sim 2 but their single line answer was that sim 1 was more lively and sim 2 though it has higher speed limit it is empty afterall.MOST players say that when sim 2 gets populated to a satisfactory level like 3000 or 2500 they will JOIN IT.Look if sim 1 server faces issue or remains offline for even 5 mins people will be there in sim 2 and it will continue.I think you @Jeronimο and truckersmp should  encourage people to join sim 2 as it is afterall the EU 2 server which made truckersmp what it is today, if players again join sim 2 then i think truckersmp will touch new heights and could reach or even overtake the level of craze it had pre 2019.Last but not the least players look for population and that influences their decision of which server to join.  

On 4/14/2023 at 9:17 PM, Foobrother said:

Did I ever say it never existed before? It's a problems of proportion/progression. And (again) as I mentioned in my previous posts, I do think the release of Convoy had an important impact in the switch from simulation profiles to racing profiles (in proportion). But I'm telling you now I won't continue the debate as I think I have given enough elements to show my view and I'm tired to repeat myself (and see others doing the same too).

I would say that it actually goes in my favour! If there are more and more videos like that and they are more and more popular (more than the pure simulation ones), it means that players in majority are interested/attracted by the chaos/offenses of C-D and find them fun (as I explained earlier).

Anyway, I'm tired. I leave this space to others if they want to give their views. Thx all for your contributions!

@Foobrother definitely people came to know about tmp due to EU 2 server only.A plain boring drive video doesnt interest people to play a game but a rather adrenaline filled fun gameplay is what poeple desire and thats why tmp took off its all due to EU 2 server.Had there been no EU 2 then tmp also wouldnt be what it is todayWhy do you think people love gta its because its the right balance of realistic and at the same time being fun @Jeronimο

1 hour ago, McLaren2555 said:

@Foobrother definitely people came to know about tmp due to EU 2 server only.A plain boring drive video doesnt interest people to play a game but a rather adrenaline filled fun gameplay is what poeple desire and thats why tmp took off its all due to EU 2 server.Had there been no EU 2 then tmp also wouldnt be what it is todayWhy do you think people love gta its because its the right balance of realistic and at the same time being fun @Jeronimο

You're completely right, and it's not new that most of PC game players prefer action/RPG/arcade/racing games rather than Simulation games which is a small percentage.

But does that mean TMP needs to move more toward arcade/racing and be less simulation oriented? If they want more players, as you explained, the answer is yes. If they want to keep some simulation spirit, the answer is no.

• True Story 1

16 hours ago, Foobrother said:

You're completely right, and it's not new that most of PC game players prefer action/RPG/arcade/racing games rather than Simulation games which is a small percentage.

But does that mean TMP needs to move more toward arcade/racing and be less simulation oriented? If they want more players, as you explained, the answer is yes. If they want to keep some simulation spirit, the answer is no.

still 95% players dont care about simulation in tmp all they want is gta with trucks here.I am not saying that this is bad but fact is a fact,even i too fall in that category and would want eu 2 or sim 2 to be bustling with life again.Wherever the crowd goes the crowd behind follows like sheeps.JUSt wait when sim 1 crashes or have any issues then and from there sim 2 will be lively again and it will continue .i usually pursuade people  in sim 1 to join sim 2 every single minute

• Haha 1
  • True Story 2

• 1 month later...

After experiencing the new TMP rules for some time, I think the TMP Staff really learned the lesson of the 2019 update. Transparency is very important, which is the key step to cater to the users.

We saw a completely different comment section from the rule update in 2019, no longer filled with condemnations. Of course, there are a lot of things that need to be done better, but I believe you can do it now.

Keep it.

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

>-------------------------------------------------------<

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

On 3/31/2023 at 2:24 AM, Granite said:

No dude, people will leave, I am contemplating about deleting my account already. Gueass  I will not last here to the end of my eighth year.

But you can still run 110kph on a server with a 150kph speed limit, just as you can run 90kph on a 110kph server, as for me, I like to follow the speed limit on the road sign and drive. 😅

Btw, I'm running 90 on a 150kph server

On 3/31/2023 at 4:24 AM, &#x27;Matheja said:

as time progresses it will be better understood whether it is good or bad 

but promodsa 150 speed limit is nice.

Yes, and it looks like there are more players in North Scandinavia now, Promods server is getting more players, although I don't believe it's the 150kph speed limit release, but it's true that maps are better than SCS. If it were me, as a player with all the map DLC, I would not hesitate to consider the Promods server over the Simulation server

On 3/31/2023 at 7:31 AM, LillefixHD said:

Welcome to TruckersMP. Your local racing community.

This was really not the result i was expecting to happen. For me it feels like a step-back on improving the community as we will now see an increasing on "overtaking" reports.
Not really sure if this was such a great idea to increase it. But let us see what the future brings.

Yes, because 110kph makes it impossible for the player to overtake, while 150kph gives the player unlimited possibilities

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Are there any plans to integrate realisitic simulation in this multiplayer?

Or will the current playground of pubescent wannabe racers be further developed into a destruction derby competition, to scare away the few players left who were interested in using the simulators for what they are meant for?

The mod is already pretty realistic. The fact that "wannabe racers" are playing the MP further adds to its realism; after all, how many people break the speed limit in real life? 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Bеаn said:

after all, how many people break the speed limit in real life? 

I would say, the breaking of the Speedlimit is not the Problem. The Problem is the massive amount of Players who are constantly re-creating Movie Scenes from the Mad Max Series 1 - 5 and trying to kill each Other! I am still waiting for the Scene were One is trying to catch the Boomerrang!

10 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

It seems that we have two very different ideas of the term realism.

I understand that you desire a strict simulator where people are unable to "race" or engage in non-realistic behaviour. It's important to recognize that not everyone wishes to simulate every aspect of real life.

I made a playful remark regarding the existence of individuals who exceed the speed limit, highlighting that it can be considered somewhat realistic in a different context.

I apologise for the fact that my example doesn't align with your concept of realism. It is true that the main location where the speed limit is often exceeded and racing occurs is in and around Calais - Duisburg. If you don't enjoy that kind of experience, a simple solution would be to avoid driving in that area.

In reality, truckers don't typically follow the exact same route between the same cities every day or every year. Therefore, simulating such a repetitive pattern in the game is inherently unrealistic. If you drive pretty much anywhere else, the chances of encountering someone "racing" are near zero. It is also easier to find those who prefer a more relaxed and quieter experience.

The way I interpreted your viewpoint is that you want the game to be a strict simulator, where everyone drives from company to company in a respectful manner, without breaking any rules. While this may be an ideal vision, it's unlikely to become a reality, no matter how much you request it. It's simply illogical to revert back to a strict style of simulation for everyone.

As I mentioned before, creating or revamping a server where the 90 km/h speed limit is permanently enforced would solve your issue of "everyone is racing, and I don't like it."

At the time of creating this reply, and for the past approximately 13 days, there have been around 137,451 unique players on all servers. Unfortunately, you are not one of those 137,451 players.

Considering that there are 137,451+ players who are actively "enjoying" the game, it raises the question of why the game should be altered solely for someone who isn't among the most active players themselves.

15 hours ago, Bеаn said:

I understand that you desire a strict simulator where people are unable to "race" or engage in non-realistic behaviour. It's important to recognize that not everyone wishes to simulate every aspect of real life.

No, you don't understand what I desire. That's alright, how could you anyway?

15 hours ago, Bеаn said:

I made a playful remark regarding the existence of individuals who exceed the speed limit, highlighting that it can be considered somewhat realistic in a different context.

I agree - realistic road traffic lives from diversity, but within limits.

From my own experience I can confirm that in real life, truck drivers sometimes drive a little faster than allowed. But these deviations are never more than 10 km/h, and certainly not anything close to 60 km/h. It's a different story with passenger vehicles. These can and should be able to drive faster than trucks.

15 hours ago, Bеаn said:

I apologise for the fact that my example doesn't align with your concept of realism. It is true that the main location where the speed limit is often exceeded and racing occurs is in and around Calais - Duisburg. If you don't enjoy that kind of experience, a simple solution would be to avoid driving in that area.

You shouldn't feel the need to apologize for simply stating your opinion. It's your opinion after all, and it doesn't have to please others nor does it need to be aligned with other people's opinion.

Your suggestion to simply avoid the infamous areas may look like a solution. But it actually only sends players away who have different conception of the game. Out of sight, out of mind.

15 hours ago, Bеаn said:

In reality, truckers don't typically follow the exact same route between the same cities every day or every year. Therefore, simulating such a repetitive pattern in the game is inherently unrealistic. If you drive pretty much anywhere else, the chances of encountering someone "racing" are near zero. It is also easier to find those who prefer a more relaxed and quieter experience.

Correct. It is not conducive to realism to have the majority of the community traveling from A to B and back to A on a small patch of land.

Your suggestion however completely ignores the even bigger issue of TruckersMP, namely, empty roads. Abroad the few populated areas, the maps are deserted.

What do you suggest to solve that?

15 hours ago, Bеаn said:

The way I interpreted your viewpoint is that you want the game to be a strict simulator, where everyone drives from company to company in a respectful manner, without breaking any rules. While this may be an ideal vision, it's unlikely to become a reality, no matter how much you request it. It's simply illogical to revert back to a strict style of simulation for everyone.

Your interpretation is far from the truth.

I'd let everybody enjoy the game the way they like best, if in return, they'd let me enjoy the game the way I like it best.

Unfortunately, they don't, because it seems to be part of their game experience to collide sometimes intentionally and sometimes accidentally, but in any way by reckless driving, with other players.

I'd prefer served-sided, non-tweakable game profiles, and a speed limit that depends on the type of vehicle.

For example, max. 100 km/h for trucks, and max. 150 km/h for all other vehicles.

I'd like to see AI-traffic introduced to TruckersMP to counter the deserted areas of the map.

15 hours ago, Bеаn said:

As I mentioned before, creating or revamping a server where the 90 km/h speed limit is permanently enforced would solve your issue of "everyone is racing, and I don't like it."

That's not what I want. Everybody can drive as fast as they want, as long as they don't ruin other's game experience.

Or would you enjoy being crashed into and as a result spending valuable time to create reports?

15 hours ago, Bеаn said:

At the time of creating this reply, and for the past approximately 13 days, there have been around 137,451 unique players on all servers. Unfortunately, you are not one of those 137,451 players.

Considering that there are 137,451+ players who are actively "enjoying" the game, it raises the question of why the game should be altered solely for someone who isn't among the most active players themselves.

At the time of creating this post, I have exactly two opitons in TruckersMP:

1. Join the snakepit and ruin run the risk of reckless driving players ruin my game experience.
  2. Play alone by myself on a deserted map.

I remain true to my principles and have made my decision a long time ago.

• Upvote 3

I think this goes well with the topic...

Could you publish an interim balance sheet by how much % higher report messages have increased every day since the speed limit was lifted. That would interest me how much % it has grown. When I see that by noon ON ONE WEEKDAY more than 5000 reports have been received on the ProMods server system where it was not that high before in the evening. "As a system operator, that would make me think." And I wonder is that what TruckersMP envisions on their multiplayer servers! Do you want this Chaos Day Daily is what YOU wish to see from your player community? How do you feel about all of this? What do your admins and moderators say about the topic?

I myself play on the ProMods Simulation Server. And when I see how little was reported on a daily basis before the speed limit was released, but at least it was also processed by the admins/moderators. If you report someone in the meantime, you will unfortunately only get the system message "Unfortunately, your report could not be processed because the time limit for viewing has expired!" If you try it now via the homepage in the report system, you will wait 2 days, a week long. Nothing no one looks at it. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that it keeps getting worse and worse and the report system is banging on more and more every day, where ultimately there are no penalties to be feared.

For me, an EXTREME step backwards has AGAIN been taken. What happened? What had to happen happened. WITHOUT reasonable traffic rules to which EVERYONE has to adhere, at some point there will only be chaos! Because there are hardly any players who are respectful, since you don't take them into account, why should you let it go on for so long. At some point it doesn't even matter whether you get a ban. It becomes normal. There is parking on the side of the road, sometimes right next to a parking lot, no matter where you are, it will be stopped! Oh, why should I drive to the truck parking lot, everyone does it! If I do it too, the others should see how they can get past it! If there is an accident, it doesn't matter. There are NO RULES for parking so I can't be fined!!! If you now put the turn signal on the left to give respect to the standing one. Shouldn't be a racer behind someone who tries to overtake someone, whether he overtakes halfway across the field or whatever it is, it doesn't matter. As long as there is no accident when it itches. This is how it goes on with all the behavior on the ProMods server day by day, week by week, it's getting worse and worse!!! Don't you see that or don't you care?
BECAUSE THERE ARE NO REASONABLE, CLEAR TRAFFIC RULES.
What is punished and what is not? These ban rules were sufficient yesterday for the current situation, it is simply no longer sufficient because NEW, CLEAR, OTHER RULES have to be created. URGENT. The Klar say yes you can race but you have to back off when overtaking otherwise it rains penalty points. There is overtaking on the left there is overtaking on the right you put a turn signal on yourself because it's going to be single-lane, is anyone interested NO it's still overtaken! WHY? Well, because there are NO RULES, so if you are interested, as long as there is no accident, everything is ok. Should the Schleicher finally drive faster? Since normal players are forced and insulted just as the other way around, the speeders are insulted.
It's like in a shooter that is intended for PVP and PVELER, there is always one party who dislikes what the others think is good for their game style, which is a disadvantage for the other party!!!
The same applies to the games for which YOU have created the MULTIPLAYER MOD, there are always speedsters who moan, there are always real drivers who mottle, who do not turn green on a common server!
WITHOUT RULES THAT APPLY TO EVERYONE!!!

I've been using TruckersMP Multiplayer for about 5 years now. For me, the Real Simulation Server was once the reason why I became a TruckersMp fan!!! Why?
Because 99% of the players you met there were on the server for the same reason as you are Real “Truck SIMULATION” Driving in multiplayer. It doesn't need any big rules because it was self-evident at the time the name was on the server just as absolutely program Real Simulation = real traffic rules.

For me, there are only 2 server variants for a TruckersMP Multiplayer, which in my opinion make up the largest proportion of players. The last survey here and there, I leave that out with over 5 million reported users. Because despite the amount of reported users Numbers! It's always the same ones that you encounter on the servers every day. For me there are ONLY 2 server types that COULD do justice to the most common player types!!!

Type 1:) [Mix of Arcade and current Simulation Server 1] [Standart Server Typ]
Name: Simulation/Arcade Server
NO speed limit
Damage on
Collision ON / OFF who turns it off
When first joining on server type 1, the collision is switched off to prevent misunderstandings. If you want to be on the road with collision switched on, you can switch it on in the settings for type 1 servers. After you now ask for the restart and thus agree to a new join on the server. It is switched on and remains switched on for server type 1 until the collision query is switched off again. Switching on/off ALWAYS involves a restart. To avoid system loads due to constant switching. And to prevent abuse in certain situations.

<-> edit

Anyone who joins here also accepts the speed limits as they apply here and are not up for debate!!!
Type 2:) [New/Old Server Version]
Name: Real Truck Simulation Server
MAXIMUM 100km/h: FOR trucks with or without trailers, third-party or own trailers.
MAXIMUM 100km/h: COACH.
MAXIMUM 100 km/h: car with caravan.
NO speed limit: cars without caravans.
Damage on
Collision ON
REAL EUROPE wide general TRAFFIC RULES apply. So that these are also more understandable and easier for the administration to punish. Are accidents etc. monitored by the system itself at some point and the bans that are pronounced are only pronounced after the maximum number of penalty points allowed has been exceeded!
In the Penalty Points example, the ban pronouncement would be due once one has accumulated more than 5 Penalty Points in their account within 30 days.

Accident causes 2 points.
Right of way 1 point.
Driving on the wrong side 3 points. → Automatic server kick
Parking on the freeway or on a single lane street after 30 seconds Automatic server kicks too frequent offenses of this kind 1 point.
Can be expanded at will.

In the example, I think the ban after 5 points is good because the hardest thing would be to drive continuously on the wrong side of 3 points in order to get 5 points in 30 days before you get your points account reduced.

Every account will ALWAYS have 3 points deducted from the account every 30 days after the last offense received. Have accumulated more than 5 points within the 30 days. So the player gets an automatic server ban! However, this ban time ONLY applies to server type 2!
On the type 1 server, his right to join remains. On event servers and the like, this decision is up to those who organize/host it, whether they want to leave it on the server or not.

BUT these pronounced server bans, which you have learned on server type 2, also restrict it somewhat on server type 1:
During its ban duration, these additional limitations still apply to the server type 1.
1 Its speed limit is limited to 80km/h for ALL vehicle variants.
2 Its collision query is switched off for the duration of the ban.

The game's own penalty system could also help players automatically award points. We drive through a red traffic light. Or just after the first warning of driving on the wrong side receive a warning after the 3 message from the game's own warning system, the player automatically receives points on his account and is also automatically kicked from the server to protect other players that there are none accident can occur.

Finally, a note on the ban rule here for server type 2
This 30 day ban rule for joining on server type 2 does not affect the current ban rules:
§2.8 - How bans are issued
or
§2.9 - Bans issued by the Game Moderation Management
These continue to apply as always and everywhere.

• Like 1

TMP currently has, and typically had multiple servers in its history. Excluding event servers and pro-mods. What I do not understand is why the difference between the servers is negligible. Like right now, the main difference between Sim1 and 2 is the 110 vs 150 server speed limiter. And arcade is just one small step further and gives NCZ/ghost across the whole map and no speed restriction, although 150 is already almost where most trucks top out anyways.

Why is it that we cannot get dedicated servers for each play style. One for dedicated hardcore sim, one for casual 'sim', and one for casual/arcade game play style.

A lot of settings should be server side and not be changeable by the user on the sim server. Like not being able to disable traffic offenses, changing the speed limit display type (if driving truck, should be set to truck not car limit), handling should be preset - meaning people will actually have to choose something other than 4x2 and maxed stability to haul oversize/overweight loads as an example. 
People still have the option of speeding and driving like a bat outta hell, because "it's realistic and happens in real life", but having their handling also be more realistic, means this person will either have to drive more appropriately for the truck and cargo type or risk roll over and having to F7 alternatively they can switch to a more appropriate server for their game play style(win-win for everyone with the second option). Because there is a difference between picking up some speed and going somewhat above the truck limit in like a straight, highway setting, and having throttle pegged down driving at the server speed limit to get from point a to b as fast as you can regardless of the road conditions or type of road.
Like being overtaken on a road full of twists and turns by someone running a triple full of logs or some oversize/overweight cargo because they have maxed stability and going highway speed or server limit - is not something that adds to the 'realism'. If you are like myself you are lucky to escape with just some horn+ light spam and maybe some choice words in chat. But usually you will be put into a wall as the person speeding also has 0 awareness of their size nor length.

I feel like this argument has existed forever.
But that is the thing, it is not like there is only 1 server. 3 main servers all with server side configurations that match the play style they are promoting. So as mentioned, one for hardcore sim players, one for arcade, and one for casual sim - which is where a lot of players seem to get defensive. IMO a good bit of players' definition of realism is just having traffic lights on in populated areas and having collisions enabled outside of POI locations - service shops, companies, etc. So by having 3 different servers configured to actually match the 3 different play styles, people would actually have a proper place to go for their desired play style. As opposed to now, where majority just default to Sim1 because that is where most are and the other servers are just not really different enough for anyone to bother switching to.

Simulation style is not desired by the casual crowd, casual style not desired by the simulation crowd. Like ffs, all these servers and available capacity yet everyone acts like there is 1 server and argues over which limited server config should be preset on it.

Oh well, like many before me, it falls on deaf ears.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Stan locked this topic