Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

It has been interesting reading different opinions of the new direction TruckersMP has taken.

As many have pointed, it is clear many did not take part in the survey however, based on the responses received, the management of TruckersMP have made the decision to implement the result of the survey.

It is sad to see people making statements like "it is a shame TruckersMP has made these changes".

I would like to remind you that this survey was created, compiled, reviewed and results agreed on by a team of people who are not paid to do this job. From their real life spare time, they have spent hours to listen to the community and effect the changes as received from the survey.

You are entitled to your opinions but whilst giving your opinion at least show some respect to these amazing gentlemen and women who put in their time and effort to produce such a detailed report. Most of them don't have the luxury of spare time to play games like you do because they are dedicated to create a platform that meets the needs of different people.

Please note that although this is a simulation game which is expected to be played as one, SCS the makers did not limit the speed of trucks to 90km/h (which is speed of trucks across many European nations even though there may be slight differences depending on the country). They gave players the option to play with a speed limiter or play without it.

Does this means SCS is anti-simulation? and should we say the Game should be Euro Truck only instead of Euro Truck Simulation?

The answer is no because SCS understands that though this is a simulation game some people may prefer the arcade side of things whilst still being able to drive a truck. This is the same as TruckersMP.

Road to Simulation was intended to encourage a stricter enforcement of rules and a drive towards simulation. This took away the option for people who want to experience a multiplayer environment in an arcade style with the same settings on the simulation server. 

It has been a huge success but as life is dynamic, change is inevitable and we live in a real world where people have a freedom to choose what they want to experience and not be forced to behave like others expect.

This is the reason behind the "Back to Basis project". It is an opportunity for people to choose what best suits them.

So if you like Simulation with speed limit then EU 1 is for you, if you like simulation without speed limits head to EU 2.

Please because you love to play on EU 1 does not make you a better person than someone who loves to play on EU 2. So those who love to play on EU 1 kindly stop making derogatory remarks against the project and towards those who love to play on EU2.

After all, if we are to look at it from a truly strict simulation point of view 110km/h is not simulation because it is still faster than 90km/h which is the most common speed limit for trucks across Europe.

To Summarize, please respect people's choices and do not force your opinions on others. Calling people names because they love speed or choose to play on EU 2 is bullying and disrespectful because your decision to play on EU 1 does not make you a better person so stop the hypocrisy, enjoy the server you choose and let others have their peace.

Finally show more respect to the people behind the scenes making sure everyone is happy and gets what they want and stop the doom speech.

Thank you for reading..............................

• Like 2
  • HaulieLove 2
  • True Story 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

25 minutes ago, immortal766 said:

It has been interesting reading different opinions of the new direction TruckersMP has taken.

As many have pointed, it is clear many did not take part in the survey however, based on the responses received, the management of TruckersMP have made the decision to implement the result of the survey.

It is sad to see people making statements like "it is a shame TruckersMP has made these changes".

I would like to remind you that this survey was created, compiled, reviewed and results agreed on by a team of people who are not paid to do this job. From their real life spare time, they have spent hours to listen to the community and effect the changes as received from the survey.

You are entitled to your opinions but whilst giving your opinion at least show some respect to these amazing gentlemen and women who put in their time and effort to produce such a detailed report. Most of them don't have the luxury of spare time to play games like you do because they are dedicated to create a platform that meets the needs of different people.

Please note that although this is a simulation game which is expected to be played as one, SCS the makers did not limit the speed of trucks to 90km/h (which is speed of trucks across many European nations even though there may be slight differences depending on the country). They gave players the option to play with a speed limiter or play without it.

Does this means SCS is anti-simulation? and should we say the Game should be Euro Truck only instead of Euro Truck Simulation?

The answer is no because SCS understands that though this is a simulation game some people may prefer the arcade side of things whilst still being able to drive a truck. This is the same as TruckersMP.

Road to Simulation was intended to encourage a stricter enforcement of rules and a drive towards simulation. This took away the option for people who want to experience a multiplayer environment in an arcade style with the same settings on the simulation server. 

It has been a huge success but as life is dynamic, change is inevitable and we live in a real world where people have a freedom to choose what they want to experience and not be forced to behave like others expect.

This is the reason behind the "Back to Basis project". It is an opportunity for people to choose what best suits them.

So if you like Simulation with speed limit then EU 1 is for you, if you like simulation without speed limits head to EU 2.

Please because you love to play on EU 1 does not make you a better person than someone who loves to play on EU 2. So those who love to play on EU 1 kindly stop making derogatory remarks against the project and towards those who love to play on EU2.

After all, if we are to look at it from a truly strict simulation point of view 110km/h is not simulation because it is still faster than 90km/h which is the most common speed limit for trucks across Europe.

To Summarize, please respect people's choices and do not force your opinions on others. Calling people names because they love speed or choose to play on EU 2 is bullying and disrespectful because your decision to play on EU 1 does not make you a better person so stop the hypocrisy, enjoy the server you choose and let others have their peace.

Finally show more respect to the people behind the scenes making sure everyone is happy and gets what they want and stop the doom speech.

I don't think there will be any bad comments under such a long comment. Also, players should keep in mind that this change is, as always, under the control of the TruckersMP upper-staff.

2 hours ago, Benzovoz said:

The result of the introduction of a server with a speed of 150 km/ h was that there are only 500 people playing on the SIM2 server (at the time of writing the message)!!! Does this somehow relate to the result of the vote?? On such a big map. It is generally empty, the bulk of the gamers is on the base map and the popular route C - D.
With such success, you can disable all restrictions in a regular ETS 2, turn off traffic and run around like a psycho on an empty map. You don't need TruckersMP for this.
Since the map of the game has increased, it might be necessary to raise the speed to 120 km / h in order to somehow reduce the travel time on empty and long tracks.
Having played the last two evenings, there are now few players on DLC maps on Sim1 due to the limit of 3000 people.

Now I am upset with the update, it has become more boring to play, because the roads in the game have become more empty.

Yes indeed, adding another server while you already have less and less players isn't going to help people driving outside C-D.

2 hours ago, Benzovoz said:

n my opinion, it is necessary to introduce a full simulation (without the possibility of disabling it) for those who want to play by the rules of the road, including traffic lights, speed cameras, fines and so on.

Now TMP throws out of the game if the headlights are turned off at night. You can do the same if someone exceeds the speed by 10 km/h for a long time and within 20 seconds (for example), or enter a fine.

Enter more events (not only in the base part of the map), ratings, player statuses, etc. Maybe this will attract more players back.

Completely agree. Many ideas like the ones you mentioned have been proposed in the past. But I've not seen many tested. Obviously it's hard and long to implement things. But when you see other things like racing event being implemented, you think that some energy could have been spent more wisely. 

Perhaps a little time has passed, but it seems to me that the voting statistics are not representative. And since results is closed, I'm not sure we can trust it. And here's why:

In fact, we are seeing the opposite effect. The server that was supposed to unite those who play the simulation is always full (Simulation 1). The server, with a speed of 150 (Simulation 2), for which the majority voted in the survey is actually empty.

This is strange. After all, according to the voting results, most of the players wanted this server. Or not? Or did not everyone vote and did not take into account the opinion of those who constantly play but they did not vote?

Unfortunately, we will not know why these particular decisions were made. But the only thing that upsets me is that we can forget about the road to simulation 😞

• Upvote 6

10.jpg?_1693113983

9 hours ago, immortal766 said:

I'm part of the people who don't like this update and raise my voice against it.

However, maybe unlike other, the first sentences of my first post on this thread have been to show my respect to Jeronimo and more generally to people like him who invest time and energy on this project.

That said, it's not because staff spend a lot of time and energy, and because there was a survey backing their choices, that I'll shut my mouth and not express my disagreement.

In your long message you seem to ignore one big problem: people's disrespect for TMP rules. As Game Moderator you should know that people drive more and more recklessly and there loooots of reports. Racing in a game like ETS2 isn't simulation I'm afraid.

You seem to imply that people against these changes are aggressive and disrespectful. But who is the one disrespecting the other when there is a player driving recklessly/crashing and a player trying to drive by TMP rules?

You seem to think that we are in a wonderworld where people who like pure simulation will drive in SIM1 and others who prefer speed and racing will go on SIM2. Unfortunately time has shown that people are here for the MMO experience and they naturally regroup where there is the most activity/players (that's probably the main reason why EU2 has been discontinued in the past).

Regarding your comparison between TMP and SCS. You can't compare them. Simply because there are no human player (except you) in SCS. Everyone (the traffic AI) is respecting ALL the rules in SCS. And you won't bother anyone if you don't respect the rules in SCS. That's why it's super hard to have the rules respected and reduce the number of collisions (due to reckless driving) in TMP, even if we try to have no collisions zones, bans etc... You simply can't apply the same freedom of SCS into TMP because of the human factor. You have to put some restrictions (or split into several servers hoping each type of player will go gently on its server 🙄).

Finally, remember one thing: "hardcore" players are the ones respecting the rules. They are the ones who try to make things work. They are not bending the rules on a daily basis and bother other players in-game regularly.

And this update feels more like a step towards the second category. The future will tell. We will see if we have more reckless/racing drivers or more simulation drivers on TMP in the future.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Benzovoz said:

About 85% of the time in this game I spent in TruckersMP, starting in 2020.
I was coming here for the MMO component: I like to meet random players on the way, greet them, look at their truck and cargo. Sometimes ride part of the way together. Now it has become less, and the DLC maps have become completely empty.Unfortunately, some guys abandoned TruckersMP when multiplayer appeared in ETS2, saying that they were tired of the inadequacies on the roads and the lack of simulation. Speed limits did not play a role!

The result of the introduction of a server with a speed of 150 km/ h was that there are only 500 people playing on the SIM2 server (at the time of writing the message)!!! Does this somehow relate to the result of the vote?? On such a big map. It is generally empty, the bulk of the gamers is on the base map and the popular route C - D.
With such success, you can disable all restrictions in a regular ETS 2, turn off traffic and run around like a psycho on an empty map. You don't need TruckersMP for this.
Since the map of the game has increased, it might be necessary to raise the speed to 120 km / h in order to somehow reduce the travel time on empty and long tracks.
Having played the last two evenings, there are now few players on DLC maps on Sim1 due to the limit of 3000 people.

Now I am upset with the update, it has become more boring to play, because the roads in the game have become more empty.

In my opinion, it is necessary to introduce a full simulation (without the possibility of disabling it) for those who want to play by the rules of the road, including traffic lights, speed cameras, fines and so on.

Now TMP throws out of the game if the headlights are turned off at night. You can do the same if someone exceeds the speed by 10 km/h for a long time and within 20 seconds (for example), or enter a fine.

Enter more events (not only in the base part of the map), ratings, player statuses, etc. Maybe this will attract more players back.

What you've done now is good, it's just an experiment that shows its minuses and pros. But you clearly need to reconsider the approach to the game and the simulation system in it.

Thanks!

Simulation has never gone away, i don't see where you see the lack of simulation, just speed limit? for that you can limit yourself, you don't need TMP forcing everyone to go 90. MMOs have pros and cons, popular areas will always be there, if there was no CD and areas near that road, there would be something else,

The emptiness in the roads outside the popular zones, you find them in all the servers, it's not a new thing that came with these changes. Ironically lowering the speed limit would increase the emptiness outside the roads and popular areas even more,

Full simulation is something you can do yourself, you don't need TMP forcing all players the settings you want, it's not freedom of choice this,

By limiting everyone to 90, you would cut out almost 80% of what the community wants, which is to go over 110 with the simulation configuration, so it would be a perfect way to kill the server, (past teach that)

8 hours ago, immortal766 said:

6 hours ago, [RusTK] Alex KERNEL said:

Perhaps a little time has passed, but it seems to me that the voting statistics are not representative. And since results is closed, I'm not sure we can trust it. And here's why:

In fact, we are seeing the opposite effect. The server that was supposed to unite those who play the simulation is always full (Simulation 1). The server, with a speed of 150 (Simulation 2), for which the majority voted in the survey is actually empty.

This is strange. After all, according to the voting results, most of the players wanted this server. Or not? Or did not everyone vote and did not take into account the opinion of those who constantly play but they did not vote?

Unfortunately, we will not know why these particular decisions were made. But the only thing that upsets me is that we can forget about the road to simulation 😞

From a previous answer: "It is expected to happen given the results, but it is hard to say when, could be the next week or in 2 months; the number of players between 2 servers will always have the preference over the server settings, in this case, speed limit"

Those who didn't participate in the survey, should have; those who really cared did, they spent 5 minutes to give their opinion; those who didn't care enough didn't. If one wants changes has to get involved,

As you do in market research, it is not practical to go and ask everybody what they think about a subject or multiple subjects, the survey is a much more practical and reliable way to get lots of opinions, it's used by everyone, businesses, communities etc... If you know of a faster way than this to get opinions, propose it, but from work experience you are unlikely to find other methods more effective,

If there were no surveys you would have to do an interview with every player, to gather the same number of opinions from this survey, would take months if not years...

7 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Yes indeed, adding another server while you already have less and less players isn't going to help people driving outside C-D.

6 hours ago, Foobrother said:

I'm part of the people who don't like this update and raise my voice against it.

That said, it's not because staff spend a lot of time and energy, and because there was a survey backing their choices, that I'll shut my mouse and not express my disagreement.

Regarding your comparison between TMP and SCS. You can't compare them. Simply because there are no human player (except you) in SCS. Everyone (the traffic AI) is respecting ALL the rules in SCS. And you won't bother anyone if you don't respect the rules in SCS. That's why it's super hard to have the rules respected and reduce the number of collisions (due to reckless driving) in TMP, even if we try to have no collisions zones, bans etc... You simply can't apply the same freedom of SCS into TMP because of the human factor. You have to put some restrictions (or split into several servers hoping each type of player will go gently on its server 🙄).

Finally, remember one thing: "hardcore" players are the ones respecting the rules.

As I have written before, lowering the speed limit to 90 would increase the emptiness off the roads and popular areas even more; it is an argument that doesn't stand up,

You don't have the real players but you have the AI, so what? you always find the AI and sometimes even worse than real players; real players, the way you play, you find them more rarely, and you rarely meet reckless players for a simple statistical factor, unless you go to the areas where you have more probability of meeting reckless players, if you do something you don't want to, and you know the probability increase of you to encounter what you don't want, it's your fault. In fact cd and surrounding are in your avoid list, but you went there to come here and complain, isn't that a bit hypocritical?

"Finally, remember one thing: "hardcore" players are the ones respecting the rules." - in your head it is not possible that there are players going faster than 90 and 110 respecting the rules is it?

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

9 hours ago, immortal766 said:

There are a few "buts":
1/ the EU1 server is almost always (in the evening) full
2/ there is no alternative for me who rides on Promods (where it is 150km/h)

and as I wrote before the speed difference between 90 and 150kmh is very big, especially if the driver is busy to stay in his lane when overtaking.

I accept that due to the size of the map this doesn't happen that often, but racers should be mindful of slower drivers - which I've only experienced once so far where a driver approached quickly and then passed me safely at around 100-110kmh before accelerating again. Unfortunately, those who don't slow down and restrain or sometimes endanger slower drivers prevail.

EDIT: 

I don't want you to cancel the 150kmh servers, but to set up new simulation servers - see my post 

To make TruckerMP truly for EVERYONE who plays ETS2/ATS.

The TruckersMP team has ruled based on the results of the community survey, and I congratulate them for their attempt to improve their mod in the interest of the majority.

As I have communicated my position unmistakably and clearly several times, I have decided not to participate in this debate any further.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank you all for your valuable feeback and insight in that matter, especially @FernandoCR [ESP], @Granite, @Foobrother, @"RICKY", @Sysgen, @RB1988, and last but not least @Jeronimο, @Flaming., @StateCA [NL], @_raffaele_.

Thank you! 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 2

13 hours ago, Foobrother said:

However, maybe unlike other, the first sentences of my first post on this thread have been to show my respect to Jeronimo and more generally to people like him who invest time and energy on this project.

That said, it's not because staff spend a lot of time and energy, and because there was a survey backing their choices, that I'll shut my mouth and not express my disagreement.

I share your frustrations but then again whether the speed limit is 110km/h or 150km/h, you will still get reckless drivers.

Even if the speed limit is reduced to 90km/h, you would still get reckless drivers because we live in a world where people behave differently therefore it is important to understand this and it would help you feel less sad about the update. This is why there are rules in place to punish those who disobey them.

Yes the introduction of a server with faster speeds will increase the reports and I believe TruckersMP management would respond to this and recruit more GMs.

13 hours ago, Foobrother said:

In your long message you seem to ignore one big problem: people's disrespect for TMP rules. As Game Moderator you should know that people drive more and more recklessly and there loooots of reports. Racing in a game like ETS2 isn't simulation I'm afraid.

You seem to imply that people against these changes are aggressive and disrespectful. But who is the one disrespecting the other when there is a player driving recklessly/crashing and a player trying to drive by TMP rules?

You seem to think that we are in a wonderworld where people who like pure simulation will drive in SIM1 and others who prefer speed and racing will go on SIM2. Unfortunately time has shown that people are here for the MMO experience and they naturally regroup where there is the most activity/players (that's probably the main reason why EU2 has been discontinued in the past).

I am not ignoring the fact people drive recklessly rather I choose to be realistic and understand that even if TruckersMP set all server speed limits to 90km/h we will still have reckless drivers and they would be punished if reported or caught ingame by a GM breaking the rule.

Unfortunately, it is the way the world works, therefore, servers with higher speeds is not the actual problem but people who will always choose to break rules regardless of what speed limit is in place.

And like you rightly said, "they naturally regroup where there is the most activity/players (that's probably the main reason why EU2 has been discontinued in the past)" this is why speed limit is not the actual problem but a server with higher activity so regardless of the speed, trolls will gather there and drive recklessly.

1 hour ago, immortal766 said:

I share your frustrations but then again whether the speed limit is 110km/h or 150km/h, you will still get reckless drivers.

Even if the speed limit is reduced to 90km/h, you would still get reckless drivers because we live in a world where people behave differently therefore it is important to understand this and it would help you feel less sad about the update. This is why there are rules in place to punish those who disobey them.

Yes the introduction of a server with faster speeds will increase the reports and I believe TruckersMP management would respond to this and recruit more GMs.

I am not ignoring the fact people drive recklessly rather I choose to be realistic and understand that even if TruckersMP set all server speed limits to 90km/h we will still have reckless drivers and they would be punished if reported or caught ingame by a GM breaking the rule.

Unfortunately, it is the way the world works, therefore, servers with higher speeds is not the actual problem but people who will always choose to break rules regardless of what speed limit is in place.

And like you rightly said, "they naturally regroup where there is the most activity/players (that's probably the main reason why EU2 has been discontinued in the past)" this is why speed limit is not the actual problem but a server with higher activity so regardless of the speed, trolls will gather there and drive recklessly.

You are right saying that you will always find reckless drivers with any server speed limits. BUT I think you're missing some important notions/parameters:

• You take less risk at 90Km/h than at 110Km/h or 150Km/h. And there are less spots where you will have a guaranteed crash if you arrive at 90Km/h compared to 150Km/h (you can take more turns at 90Km/h than 150Km/h). You reaction time is also better when you arrive on an obstacle at 90Km/h compared to 150Km/h etc... So, by definition, reducing speed reduces crashes even if you have the same reckless drivers. In that aspect it's actually exactly like in real life!
  • Reckless drivers are looking for sensations and only trolls (a small minority) are playing to actually crash into people or bother them intentionally. Reduce the speed, and you will reduce their sensations. Reduce their sensations and they will find the game boring and go away! If we were making the trucks super realistic with low truck & trailer stability, I can guarantee that many reckless drivers would leave after a couple of weeks because they would be fed up to have to either take turns at 60-70Km/h or crash every 2min. If you look at their Steam accounts you will often see that these players are also playing Assetto Corsa, GTA and other driving games where you go superfast and don't have any rules. They are used to drive as fast as possible.
  • Lastly, this one you are aware of it. The faster you go the more risk of rules breaking you will have. You admitted yourself that increasing the speed limit will generate more reports (which means more crash and reckless behaviours).

That's why I think increasing the speed isn't going in the right direction and will foster the increase of reckless behaviours.

I know people will reply that SIM1 is still at 110Km/h. But players are not locked to a server. So new reckless drivers who play usually on SIM2 or Promods at 150Km/h will regularly come to SIM1 to see more players and will continue to drive in the same reckless way there too. Yes they will have less chances to crash because the speed will be at 110Km/h but it doesn't change the fact that they will be new reckless who came to TMP because you can race at 150Km/h on some servers.

I'll make many laugh but I'll still make this comparison (it's good to laugh sometimes 😅) Serve only non-alcoholic drinks at your bar and you won't see any alcoholics. Start serving some alcohol in some room and you will start seeing alcoholics in your establishment. Not as binary here, but same principle with places allowing racing/reckless driving.

• Like 1

• Business Analyst
4 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Lastly, this one you are aware of it. [..] You admitted yourself that increasing the speed limit will generate more reports

This is an argument that I have seen multiple times now, but when we compare data from before Road to Simulation to after, there is no evidence to support that claim. The type of policy is insignificant to the number of reports we receive (p = 0.108, adjusted R-squared = 0.00118), while a factor such as playtime (i.e. the amount of time that users collectively play on the servers in a given period of time) does highly correlate with the influx of reports (p < 0.001, adjusted R-squared = 0.7561). It is of course possible that a certain policy attracts more users (thereby contributing to a higher playtime), but it does not directly result in more reports according to what we measure.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Der Joey said:

180? I think it starts now, doesn't it? Where in this world does a normal truck do 180? Then you have to play in singleplayer if you are convinced of that, simple. 

16 minutes ago, SpeedTrain66 said:

Speeds of 150 - 180 km/h are far too high and unrealistic. It is still a simulation and not a truck racing game.

I agree with you, ETS2 is a simulation that reflects the life of a real life trucker, not a racing simulator, then you should play Fia Racetruck sim. 

• Like 1

ANSWER IN LANGUAGE: PT-BR and ENG:
RESPOSTA EM IDIOMA: PT-BR e ENG:

IN ENG:

What would be nice is that the rain on the server will occur in certain parts of the map within the server for everyone regardless of whether or not they have rain enabled. Because then the game would be more real.

IN PT-BR:

O que seria bom, era que a chuva no servidor ocorrer-se em determinada partes do mapa dentro do servidor para todos independente de ter ou não chuva ativado. Porque ai seria mais real o jogo.

2 hours ago, ScobraBR said:

ANSWER IN LANGUAGE: PT-BR and ENG:
RESPOSTA EM IDIOMA: PT-BR e ENG:

IN ENG:

What would be nice is that the rain on the server will occur in certain parts of the map within the server for everyone regardless of whether or not they have rain enabled. Because then the game would be more real.

IN PT-BR:

O que seria bom, era que a chuva no servidor ocorrer-se em determinada partes do mapa dentro do servidor para todos independente de ter ou não chuva ativado. Porque ai seria mais real o jogo.

This has been addressed several times in the past, synchronization is related and due to certain game-groups this is not possible. (I think that's how I understood it at the time.)

Here we are, arguing amongst ourselves about a differing speed limit split between 2 servers (Promods is a different story), which ultimately the community decided. We'll see how it plays out.

No one mentioning how cars are the menace... In my experience 9 / 10 cars drive recklessly.

We should have a survey regarding them.
Imo, they're pointless. Sure, they add variety, but it's a just an inferior replacement to try and replicate AI traffic from singleplayer.

They control horribly, always have, which doesn't help the average player. Generally speaking, people clearly use them to get up to max speed as quickly as possible, and use them to squeeze between trucks in busy areas.
They don't add anything positive to a truck simulation game. :HaulieLove:

I do understand the topic of cars is a little off topic for this thread, but in terms of speed, they do play a significant part on the servers.

Am I the only one who can't make sense of this?

Back-to-basics.png

Just in case someone wonders, an explanation:

1 - According to the blog post statement, 8912 answers were sent in the second survey about server configurations.

2 - According to the bar chart, 59% of those answers were in favour of a 150 Km/h limited server. 59% of 8912 is 5258.

3 - Only 21% of those answers were in favour of 110 Km/h or less speed limited server. 21% of 8912 is 1871.

4 - The 150 Km/h speed limit server has been up and running for more than a week.

5 - The logical conclusion, with these facts, is that Sim1 should by now have 1800-1900 players at most, Sim2 should be completely full and even should have needed to be changed to a higher capacity.

6 - According to the stats, Simulation 1 server (limited at 110 Km/h) has been reaching its top capacity of 3000 players almost every day. Simulation 2 server has never reached 50% of its 3000 players capacity.

Where are those 5258 "players" who so badly wanted to have a server with 150 Km/h limit? Why did they "vote" for a server that they didn't intend to use?

Another question that came to my mind... Were those 8912 answers really TruckersMP players? Or were they just TruckersMP accounts? Is it possible that players with multiple accounts (we know that there are plenty of them) sent multiple answers, being actually one single person? Was this possibility even considered?

I'm sorry if I sound like a "conspiranoid", but the numbers don't make sense. And I can't help wondering why.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

• Business Analyst

38 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Am I the only one who can't make sense of this?

The known phenomenon of joining the server with most players, as it is interaction with other players that many users are ultimately after. 

On 3/31/2023 at 1:08 AM, Jeronimο said:

A real split will not occur regardless; the community has traditionally shown that most players join the server that is most active.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

There is also one thing that is not very related to this forum topic, but this month ets2 1.47 "should" be officially released, which includes after several versions, the "Adaptive Cruise Control & Emergency Braking System", i think this also may affect the number of accidents in the future, especially on TMP if work and is supported, but it is just an expectation

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeronimο said:

The known phenomenon of joining the server with most players, as it is interaction with other players that many users are ultimately after.

I understood, from the reasons that led to the survey, its results and the changes in "Back to basics", that what THE MAJORITY of the players were after was a server like Simulation 2 is now.

I stand corrected. It's just that now, the reason to go "Back to basics" being "we have to give the majority what they want" seems more like "we have to provide what the majority asked for, even if only a minority will actually use it".

Meaning, if what they really want is to use a server with lots of other players, they already had that (even more than now) in Simulation 1. It seems that the speed limit is irrelevant to them, in the end. The only difference I see now is that many of those players may need to wait for 1 hour in queue because of the lower capacity in the server.

So I'm sorry, but I still can't make any sense of all of this.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I understood, from the reasons that led to the survey, its results and the changes in "Back to basics", that what THE MAJORITY of the players were after was a server like Simulation 2 is now.

I stand corrected. It's just that now, the reason to go "Back to basics" being "we have to give the majority what they want" seems more like "we have to provide what the majority asked for, even if only a minority will actually use it".

Meaning, if what they really want is to use a server with lots of other players, they already had that (even more than now) in Simulation 1. It seems that the speed limit is irrelevant to them, in the end. The only difference I see now is that many of those players may need to wait for 1 hour in queue because of the lower capacity in the server.

So I'm sorry, but I still can't make any sense of all of this.

This survey showed once again that "road to simulation" never made sense for what is the TMP user base, so we need to see on what basis they decided to implement "road to simulation" in the past, for me, the fact is that it should never have existed; but as you know, it happens that sometimes policies do not go in favor of the community demand,

If we really want to be true, TMP could only keep the sim 1 server and raise the speed limit to 150, but instead they kept the server with 110 and added a separate server with the new limit; so don’t worry they haven’t forgotten about you guys as explained in the post

50 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It seems that the speed limit is irrelevant to them, in the end

Whatever the limit is, it’s irrelevant to you too in the end, but you are here still complaining even if you don't play anymore on TMP