Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

1 minute ago, Flaming. said:

Sorry, it was 50% of the players that wanted the new server configuration. Still, my point stands. 

Just for your info 66% is more than 50% so it seems that you did not understand it/or you dont want to understand it. The majority of the community want that TMP should focus on more Simulation! That what TMP actually did with this update is just a farce - and to take this title with "Back to Basics" I would even go one step further and call it even brazen to the "old-term community". 

That were my last words in this topic so I will not answer more on each quotes

PS: To not only critize and show my possible change again:

1) for the majority of the Simulation players a big server 4200-5000 slots called SIMULATION with max speed 110km/h and rules like in reallife - crash => ban, wrongway => ban + return of perm bans

2) for the racers/truck posers/trolls and so on a lower slots server with the name RACING! (the current title of this server "Simulation" is not appropriate) - rules more lowered that not every fault is a ban

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

As someone who used to play TruckersMP since 2016, this seems to be the first good changes in years.

I can only speak for myself, but the way I play this game is by having a "Simulation"-Profile, where I drive realistically with dozens of mods and a "fun"-Profile, which I used to play on TruckersMP before the Speed-Limit changes back in 2019.

I play TruckersMP to have fun and having a speed limit killed my fun back then, which is why I stopped playing TruckersMP. For those people who say "just play on the Arcade Server" there is no fun in driving fast, if there is no risk of making mistakes. It's still a game after all.

Also there is no driving-game I know of, which has the entire continent of Europe as a map, with thousands of real people to meet on the road, where you can also just drive around for the fun of it. No game gives this experience.

With those changes you convinced me to give TruckersMP another go, thank you for actually listening to the community.

• Like 4

On 3/31/2023 at 3:40 PM, JerezFIN said:

well ive never used winter physics at tmp because that... if u slide and hit someone its not bannable reason fr.. u dont become admin to act 'cool' or 'better than others' u do ur work and find solution for accidents which is fair and dont just abuse.. 

yes but imagine getting 1 week ban for this kind of accident -_- so stupid imo since we all do misstakes.. 

Sorry to tell you this, but we do not aim to act cool or better than others. And if you slide and hit someone then you where probably driving to fast for where you where driving and so you crashed someone and ruined their gameplay. They did not ask for you to hit them. And so what you called accidents was caused by something you did. Often it has to do with speed. Driving too fast for a corner or something. Or maybe its you overtaking where you should not be doing so. Or maybe you did not keep enough distance to the person in front, Or something else. In most cases the accident was caused by something you did or failed to do. And so if you had maybe been more careful in your driving you might never have caused that accident. And yeah you get a ban for that kind of accident. But you know what? Learn from that accident, look at what happened and make sure it dosent happen again. And then that week ban will be the only ban you get. There are people here that has been here since we started Truckers MP that has never been banned. It is possible to drive on Truckers MP without causing accidents. Plenty of people do so. And calling it abuse because you got banned for causing an accident because of something you could have done differently and then avoided that accident, is simply wrong. We do not intend to abuse anything. We are not jerks that do this to feel better than others. We are just trying to make sure that the people who drive here can do so without having people crashing into them by accident or intentional.

• Upvote 2

Surveys are typically designed to collect a representative sample of opinions or attitudes from a particular population. The results of a survey depend on a variety of factors, such as the sampling method, the wording of the questions, and the size of the sample. The responses of individuals are typically aggregated and analyzed to provide an overall picture of the population's views or opinions.

In some cases, individuals who are more vocal or assertive may have a greater influence on the results of a survey if they are able to persuade others to adopt their views and I believe this is what happened here.

Especially that we know that there was a big campaign on the servers and abroad, encouraging other players to go vote for a speed increase where players of the opposite opinion remained mostly silent thinking that the concept of "Road to simulation" would shield them from any changes in the Truckers MP vision. 

8000 survey answers is not an impressive result in a 5 million user base, 0.16%

• True Story 5

After reading various responses I didn't think we would reach manipulation/conspiracy theories/corruption, at this rate in a while it will be the government's fault :kappa:; just accept that others do not want what you guys want, move on, simple, and health will thanks aswell,

These reactions are expected, especially because they come from the same people who were sure that nothing would change in terms of speed limits/servers or they were in favour for a lower speed limit/more simulation configuration; and when the certainties fall, either you see who people really are, or, you get the best reactions from people,

Solutions that unhappy people can adopt? stay on sim 1 server since nothing changed like many said, or, go do something else; the results speak for themselves; the complaints are just because some users didn't get what they wanted, is like when childrens don't get what they want, they throw tantrums

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

9 hours ago, Flaming. said:

Sorry, it was 50% of the players that wanted the new server configuration. Still, my point stands. 

LOL, sorry but, this shows how incompetent you are! 😂 if the other GM are incompetent like you then r.i.p TMP and no wonder why TMP has lost so much players.

Just for you, it was 66% of the community who didn't want the 150km/h

9 hours ago, LAA Trans l Krystian05 said:

Just for your info 66% is more than 50% so it seems that you did not understand it/or you dont want to understand it. The majority of the community want that TMP should focus on more Simulation! That what TMP actually did with this update is just a farce - and to take this title with "Back to Basics" I would even go one step further and call it even brazen to the "old-term community". 

That were my last words in this topic so I will not answer more on each quotes

PS: To not only critize and show my possible change again:

1) for the majority of the Simulation players a big server 4200-5000 slots called SIMULATION with max speed 110km/h and rules like in reallife - crash => ban, wrongway => ban + return of perm bans

2) for the racers/truck posers/trolls and so on a lower slots server with the name RACING! (the current title of this server "Simulation" is not appropriate) - rules more lowered that not every fault is a ban

I'm really sorry to correct you on this... That 66% in favour of simulation was the result of the summer survey with a bit over 2000 participants. In the most recent one about server configurations, with almost 9000 participants, over 70% of them asked for higher speeds and 59%/62% asked for the 150 Km/h limit in ETS2/ATS. So it's a sad reality that the clear majority of the people who took the survey wanted a server with 150 Km/h. It can be seen here:

Speed-survey-results.png

Of course, these results have probably a lot to do with what Sysgen mentioned. The speeders have been "campaigning" everywhere they could since 2019, it was mentioned in the blog even, how the "complaints" were common on many "communities", social media, etc. And they probably campaigned even harder since the surveys were announced, so more and more people in that group of speed fans would take the survey and cast their vote. But this is irrelevant now, those are the results and we have no other choice than accept them and deal with the new status however we think it's best for us.

1 hour ago, _raffaele_ said:

the complaints are just because some users didn't get what they wanted, is like when childrens don't get what they want, they throw tantrums

Exactly! That's what children have been doing since 2019 🤣 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

9000 participants but at the peak time are just 5000 players. were there 4000 double accounts used?

the whole vote is a farce. if there had been 190-200 to choose from, that would probably have had the highest result.

what would be the result if you only had 90kmh and 150kmh to choose from?!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:45 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Back in 2019 I'd already stopped using TMP because I found it completely unsatistying for what I wanted. Now, TMP went back to what it used to be, I've just done what I already did back then.

43 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Exactly! That's what children have been doing since 2019 🤣 

I mean, it's not funny, it's very sad. You blaming others but you are doing the exact same.

In this answer you wrote that you stopped using tmp in 2019, then you uninstalled TMP, and you threatened to delete the account with the excuse that you don't do it because you are lazy (it literally takes 3 seconds); knowing that what you want will never come true, why are you still here? I mean, a normal person would have no reasons to stay if that is the situation or what they think after 4 years

Also what you shared is the evidence that no need for words (almost 80% wanted a speed over 110), everyone had a chance to cast their vote, no need for conspiracy theories

• Haha 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

1 hour ago, ja!_Chips said:

LOL, sorry but, this shows how incompetent you are! 😂 if the other GM are incompetent like you then r.i.p TMP and no wonder why TMP has lost so much players.

You deleted TMP right? You are online on ProMods again 🙂

• Haha 8

Guest ouzersn
On 4/2/2023 at 12:39 PM, blabberbeak said:

Didn't your parents teach you any humility and respect?

I feel very sorry for you.

Did your parents teach you to respect other people's preferences,?

On 4/2/2023 at 12:39 PM, blabberbeak said:

It would at least explain why you have four active bans on your account.

Most of them were unintentional crashes. If you play on cd road, you can understand why i have too much ban in my account.

6 hours ago, ja!_Chips said:

That's not a nice thing to say. 😞

• Like 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

10 hours ago, ja!_Chips said:

It's okay, reading graphs is hard. I've posted it down below again. As you can see, 59% of people in ETS wanted a limit between 140-150, and 62% of people in ATS wanted a limit between 140-150. Only 21% of the ETS community and 22% of the ATS community wanted the current speed limit or lower. I hope this clarifies your confusion!

image.thumb.png.1db19527fac8ae9fc80b938fbf2be49a.png

• Like 5

Firstly thanks for spending the time to write this massive message and also spending time to work as a staff member for TMP. You already know I'm not a fan of the decisions taken by TMP over the last years but that doesn't change my respect for people dedicating that much time into projects like TMP.

Now, I'm very sad of this news. I'm not going to post details on the changes I find backwards, they have already been explained many times by others. But here is the list of what I noted:

• We will divide the community and have less players per server: less fun imho. 
  • Decision of the community or not, we are obviously progressing even more towards an unrealistic racing game (150km/h??? WTF?!)
  • You will attract more racing profiles than simulation profiles with changes like that

But the even more sad info here has been to see the lack of clarity on the vision/strategy of TMP here. As if there was some sort of shame to clearly state it.

On 3/30/2023 at 5:00 PM, Jeronimο said:

Our vision has remained consistent throughout this whole time: we strive towards providing a fun and entertaining massively multiplayer online (MMO) environment where players can meet and play together

What is/was your definition of "fun"?

Can you confirm you now have no definition of "fun" and completely gave that definition responsibility to the community? That's what I'm reading in your initial and various posts.

Can't you just be honest & transparent and simply state the following:

Initially TMP was a project to bring truck simulation to another level with multi-player truck simulation. The project became a success with many players joining it. But with popularity always comes diversity of playing styles. And with the time we have have seen more and more players going away from the initial simulation experience and go more towards "arcade" experiences. We tried to moderate and canalise these players away from the simulation space (i.e. Arcarde server, moderation, ...) but we failed. Over the last couple of years we are seeing an increasing number of accounts created but a reduction in the number of players connecting to the servers (more details here). And in an effort of retention and to become more attractive we decided to only listen to what the majority of players want to see implemented rather than keeping the MMO truck simulation philosophy of the early days. We know that this decision might push even further away our historical players and attract more "racing" profiles but we want to keep a big community (quantity rather than quality).

My personal view/theory on this is that you progressively lost the interest of the simulation players (by making wrong choices to attract/keep more and more players) and now end up with a majority of players who are more interested in sensations/racing rather than pure simulation (like what the original single player game has been design/created for). And it seems that the new "fun" oriented players (who are not as faithful as simulation players) are not as many as the leaving players. Your strategy to listen to the "majority" is a failure and is actually slowly killing the community (you can find more details on the number of players here). Except if you really embrace the "fun" idea and allow all sorts of crazy ideas. 

I'm sorry but a simulation player would never ask to set the speed limit to 150km/h!!! And, guess what, in a few months people will start complaining that 150km/h is boring on the motorway and we need to increase the speed limit.

Finally, I only request one thing, at least, like other people mentioned, for god sake rename the "simulation" servers to "fun" or "arcarde" or something else!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

The update included a revision of the C/D road, as well as a higher speed limit on our servers after weeks of voting. There was criticism about the 150 km/h speed limit on our servers. In the context of the other changes to the C/D track, which I think is really worth a look, I think the 150 km/h limit on our servers is also harmful.  

We see that players more or less "came back" after the update to be able to drive fast again. It may be that the "Road to Simulation" project has failed. But why shouldn't we continue to work on it and consider more optional steps that deserve this title? Now we support again those who only do shit with this speed and can't even keep your own trucks under control at 110 km/h. If we can already go 150 km/h again (on all servers except SIM1), why don't they make a decision that is fair for everyone? 

I intentionally left out the [US] sim and the [SGP] sim because in my eyes it doesn't make sense to operate these two servers since hardly anyone plays on them.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

-Simulation 1; Speed limit 90/99 km/h, collision, road rules

-Simulation 2; Speed limit 150 km/h, collision, road rules (You should find another name, because it has nothing to do with "simulation")

-Arcade; Speed limit 150 km/h, no collision

-Promods; Speed limit 90/99km/h, collision, road rules 

-Promods-Arcade; Speed limit 150km/h, no collision

American Truck Simulator

-[US] Simulation; Speed limit 120/130km/h - 74mph, collision, road rules

-[US] Arcade; Speed limit 150 km/h - 93 mph, no collision  

In my eyes, that's pretty fair, since both sides benefit, right? I mean many wanted the 150 km/h now they have their 150 km/h server. In addition, the players then come at their expense who wanted to have a realistic server. If at least a server would appear, on which realism is really built, then more players would participate and keep TruckersMP alive. ( with caution expressed "keep alive").

In addition, the changes in penalties need to be reconsidered. I notice that since the change to 150 km/h on all servers (except sim1), a large number of players tend to mess up more and intentionally break the rules. Even if the admins should not be so strict in the sense of the players, the players should first have more respect for the people who sacrifice their free time for this project. The topic of respect has simply slipped into the mud in recent years, affecting both TMP staff and players! The current penalties for overtaking in a traffic jam or similar cannot and should not be punished with 7 days, as such things are done deliberately. In this regard, such things should continue to be punished with 15 to 21 days. It's enough that the permanent bans have been abolished for the most part, but a no tolerance policy must be maintained for certain things like racism! It does not matter if something slipped out or not!

We'll see what happens with the update, maybe this will be discontinued in the next 2 months who knows. With these words, stay healthy. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Upvote 9
  • True Story 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Forgot to mention something I found "fun" this time: the "Interpreting the results and follow-up surveys" part.

So if I understand well:

1. You make a survey for which you receive 2000+ results (that's great!)
  2. You decide to have more detailed opinions and get 600 candidates
  3. Out of the 600 you pick 20! (on mysterious criteria that you didn't find important to mention)
  4. You used the help of these 20 persons to make decisions and additional surveys

2000 (we have the results) > 600 > 20 (no idea on what were the selection criteria nor what these persons were thinking) 🙄

19 minutes ago, Der Joey said:

The update included a revision of the C/D road, as well as a higher speed limit on our servers after weeks of voting. There was criticism about the 150 km/h speed limit on our servers. In the context of the other changes to the C/D track, which I think is really worth a look, I think the 150 km/h limit on our servers is also harmful.  

We see that players more or less "came back" after the update to be able to drive fast again. It may be that the "Road to Simulation" project has failed. But why shouldn't we continue to work on it and consider more optional steps that deserve this title? Now we support again those who only do shit with this speed and can't even keep your own trucks under control at 110 km/h. If we can already go 150 km/h again (on all servers except SIM1), why don't they make a decision that is fair for everyone? 

I intentionally left out the [US] sim and the [SGP] sim because in my eyes it doesn't make sense to operate these two servers since hardly anyone plays on them.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

-Simulation 1; Speed limit 90/99 km/h, collision, road rules

-Simulation 2; Speed limit 150 km/h, collision, road rules (You should find another name, because it has nothing to do with "simulation")

-Arcade; Speed limit 150 km/h, no collision

-Promods; Speed limit 90/99km/h, collision, road rules 

-Promods-Arcade; Speed limit 150km/h, no collision

American Truck Simulator

-[US] Simulation; Speed limit 120/130km/h - 74mph, collision, road rules

-[US] Arcade; Speed limit 150 km/h - 93 mph, no collision  

In my eyes, that's pretty fair, since both sides benefit, right? I mean many wanted the 150 km/h now they have their 150 km/h server. In addition, the players then come at their expense who wanted to have a realistic server. If at least a server would appear, on which realism is really built, then more players would participate and keep TruckersMP alive. ( with caution expressed "keep alive").

In addition, the changes in penalties need to be reconsidered. I notice that since the change to 150 km/h on all servers (except sim1), a large number of players tend to mess up more and intentionally break the rules. Even if the admins should not be so strict in the sense of the players, the players should first have more respect for the people who sacrifice their free time for this project. The topic of respect has simply slipped into the mud in recent years, affecting both TMP staff and players! The current penalties for overtaking in a traffic jam or similar cannot and should not be punished with 7 days, as such things are done deliberately. In this regard, such things should continue to be punished with 15 to 21 days. It's enough that the permanent bans have been abolished for the most part, but a no tolerance policy must be maintained for certain things like racism! It does not matter if something slipped out or not!

We'll see what happens with the update, maybe this will be discontinued in the next 2 months who knows. With these words, stay healthy. ❤️

Completely agree. Unfortunately I can already foresee people regrouping to the SIM2 server to meet as many players as possible. Because SIM2 is where you will have the most players (since the majority wanted 150km/h) 😞

Ultimately we will end up with nobody on SIM1 and everyone on SIM2 and they will come back to the one simulation server setup again 😆

Ive got one complaint about this new cd change, The fuel stops

either make it a slip road off onto one on each side or make it inaccessable from the side from calais or just remove it all together and put one in at the new service place half way along the road.

otherwise bring back the old road because it had less traffic jams