Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

• Business Analyst
11 minutes ago, JerezFIN said:

especially with the ban system im done with it the admins most of them are abusing at their power and dont think is some accidents necessary to ban.. they just do what feels good example when tmp has winter mod enabled u can get banned if u just slide ACCIDENTALLY to other player.. like fr they never think that we all do misstakes? anyways ive leaved this garbage away and started play singleplayer 

I'm sorry you feel that way, but understand where you're coming from. I'm aware that many players feel the same way. Our moderation team has set new guidelines since last month that should eliminate bans for accidents (see the blog section about game moderation for more information), so hopefully that also translates to practice. When it comes to the winter physics mod, I thoroughly agree with you that our moderation team should take a more lenient approach to accidents. We are all aware that the physics can be a little scuffed sometimes, but that is no different in real life with icy roads and – above all – part of the fun for players, right? Sometimes players intentionally use an exploit to become a fidget spinner on steroids, I would say acting upon that – especially when it affects other players – is a good thing to keep the game playable for everyone, but for most accidents I don't think a ban from our servers is all that necessary.

I support TMP's approach and hope that TMP will continue to evolve for the better

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

35 minutes ago, Jeronimο said:

1. The group I am referring to advocates for lower speed limits as they want everyone else to play the game in the same fashion as them (i.e., realistically). Speed limits are restrictions and thus force players. 

2. Very simple: they wish to play the game in a different way than what most players in highly populated areas are after. It is inherent to any MMO-based community that there are diverse groups of players with different interests.

3. The main uniqueness that TruckersMP adds to the community/communities that play these games is that we allow hundreds, thousands, of players to connect in an online environment. We are an inclusive and diverse community. While simulation is a core principle for many players, there are many players that wish to play more casually as well, and this update is a step towards accommodating both aspects. People play games in different ways. You may disagree with how others play a game and that's fine of course, but in my humble opinion (and that is also what I have interpreted from all these surveys and many personal conversations with players) that is not a legitimate reason to apply restrictions that a 'handful of people' support at the expense of everyone else; however, we still maintain Simulation 1 for those that prefer the 'old' configuration. At the end of the day, it is the community that makes the games what they are and everyone can play the game as they please. With regard to the latter, there are plenty of ideas out there (also by the likes of the simulation community) but it ultimately depends on what our development team can bring to the table; I am not comfortable sharing those ideas here and now, however, as we have previously done that only to run into practical issues down the line and having to delay or even cancel ideas. You can be rest assured that many people in our team got you covered and are motivated to continue working on the simulation experience. At the same time, we keep our eyes open for other trends among our community.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

It is a paradoxical statement that the TruckersMP team promises to continue to support a "handful of players" when they have just given in to the majority's demand and buried Road to Simulation.
Offering a soon-to-be empty server as consolodation patch is a nice but equally desperate gesture.

We have to agree to the fact that the TruckersMP team's idea of realistic simulation is worlds, if not universes, apart from the idea of simulation fans.

33 minutes ago, JerezFIN said:

they just do what feels good example when tmp has winter mod enabled u can get banned if u just slide ACCIDENTALLY to other player.. like fr they never think that we all do misstakes?

If you fail to control your vehicle and damage another person's property you are subject of receiving a punishment according to the game rules.
Learn how to drive and take responsibilty of your actions instead of blaming others.

• Upvote 3

server 1 will continue to be the server with the most players, when players start to see the server with few players they will all go back to server 1 . 

Another issue we have to bear in mind is that ETS is a simulation not a racing game, will these new rules bring in new players? Ao will push some more away from the TMP? Time will tell. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeronimο said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but understand where you're coming from. I'm aware that many players feel the same way. Our moderation team has set new guidelines since last month that should eliminate bans for accidents (see the blog section about game moderation for more information), so hopefully that also translates to practice. When it comes to the winter physics mod, I thoroughly agree with you that our moderation team should take a more lenient approach to accidents. We are all aware that the physics can be a little scuffed sometimes, but that is no different in real life with icy roads and – above all – part of the fun for players, right? Sometimes players intentionally use an exploit to become a fidget spinner on steroids, I would say acting upon that – especially when it affects other players – is a good thing to keep the game playable for everyone, but for most accidents I don't think a ban from our servers is all that necessary.

well ive never used winter physics at tmp because that... if u slide and hit someone its not bannable reason fr.. u dont become admin to act 'cool' or 'better than others' u do ur work and find solution for accidents which is fair and dont just abuse.. 

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

It is a paradoxical statement that the TruckersMP team promises to continue to support a "handful of players" when they have just given in to the majority's demand and buried Road to Simulation.
Offering a soon-to-be empty server as consolodation patch is a nice but equally desperate gesture.

We have to agree to the fact that the TruckersMP team's idea of realistic simulation is worlds, if not universes, apart from the idea of simulation fans.

If you fail to control your vehicle and damage another person's property you are subject of receiving a punishment according to the game rules.
Learn how to drive and take responsibilty of your actions instead of blaming others.

yes but imagine getting 1 week ban for this kind of accident -_- so stupid imo since we all do misstakes.. 

• Business Analyst
2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

It is a paradoxical statement that the TruckersMP team promises to continue to support a "handful of players" when they have just given in to the majority's demand and buried Road to Simulation

It would have been paradoxical if we took away the ability to play realistically, which is not at all the case. Anyone can still play in the exact same manner as before, and in addition to that there has been an extra server added to the roster due to popular demand. We continue to support the community, which includes diverse groups of players.

• Like 2
  • True Story 1

3 hours ago, Jeronimο said:

1. The group I am referring to advocates for lower speed limits as they want everyone else to play the game in the same fashion as them (i.e., realistically). Speed limits are restrictions and thus force players. 

24 minutes ago, Jeronimο said:

Anyone can still play in the exact same manner as before, and in addition to that there has been an extra server added to the roster due to popular demand. We continue to support the community, which includes diverse groups of players.

When did we suggest to shut everything down and force everyone to play the game on one server on our terms?

We've been whining about one server focused on realism for ages, where we could be so much safer and spared of that crap you call "casual" - the only reason for it, but nobody ever listens, instead you and others like to put words in our mouths we never said. The demand for this dwindling as more and more of us had given up, I don't know, maybe 500 player slots would be too many nowadays.

I even suggested it in the survey, one server 90km/h and one server whatever the heck they want, or even without speed limit.

Instead, you set up 3 servers wich literally only divide "casuals" from "idiots on the road" , which seems like complete flop when looking at numbers, for now. Doesn't seem all that popular demand, does it? I know, it's not even two days, people are slow to notice, it may start to shift, when they realize what has happened.

Why is it so important to divide these two groups which differ much less from one another, than they both differ from us?

Why is it so important to have arcade servers, which virtually nobody wants? Why not merge these into one server and let them coexist, instead of forcing us to coexist with them?

Why not change arcade servers to hardcore servers and see what happens, if you want to spend money on more servers?

Don't be afraid to experiment, repeating history is not change. You may gain something, but you will certainly also lose something, just wish what you gain was worth it. 

P.S. also killing promods server for sim players was totally worth it.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Mr Terry said:

Yeah, everything needs to make some progress😄

This change is anything but progress. It's actually a regression to what TMP was before mid-2019...

And yes, there's still a "Simulation" server, same as there was EU#1 back in 2019. Surely everyone from those times can remember how it was like to drive in EU#1. But it's even worse now, because in 2019, SCS Convoy didn't exist. Many of the "hardcore simulation" players left TMP when Convoy was released, some others have left after this change or are planning to do it, and I doubt that they will come back now, so Simulation 1, as soon as word about Simulation 2 spreads wide enough, will most likely be even emptier than EU#1 used to be back then.

• Upvote 2

A nice write up, thanks for the detailed information! :HaulieLove:

Assuming Sim 2 and the 150kmh limit will end up being the most popular server, it will make it interesting how people react to me doing WoT jobs, which is what I only tend to do these days, going at the reasonable pace of 90kmh. The higher speed difference could cause more incidents, people are impatient enough when they want to do 110kmh, so I hope I don't have to report too many people :kappa:

As others have said, I hope the 2 simulation servers don't divide the community too much, I rarely drive the c-d road, so it's always been nice to see other players on different roads, I hope that won't diminish too much.

Worse idea ever: Those like me, who drive bellow 100 km/h, will be forced to share the road with some lunatics who thinks ETS2 should be played like Forza Horizon.

Today, in Promods server, a pair of these "lunatics" overpassed me, (I was driving at 99 kms/h). When I looked the mirror and saw them aproaching so fast, I just had time to pull over the side of the road. Even so one of them hited my truck and caused the cargo 2% damage.

If TMP wanted to increase the limit to 150 kms/h, should have done that on Promods Arcade.

In my opinion, this decision will ruin the game for a big bunch of players

Just my two cents

• Like 4

Guest 'Laika.
44 minutes ago, Mαvi~ said:

For you and those who think like you, the speed limit has been increased on a separate server. Trying to do things that will please both sides of the community.

I know it's a separate server but it's just ridiculous going so fast like 150km/h. Its not a race.

20 hours ago, LAA Trans l Krystian05 said:

Players: 66% voted for a server - based on a Simulation and rules quite similar as in reallife

TruckersMP: so we decrease the slots for the Simulation server from 4200 to 3000 xD

That actually makes sense. 2/3rd of the community wants this new server, so why would we keep the same capacity when only 2/3rds of the community wants it? Besides, I'm fairly sure it was stated somewhere the server capacity will change based on demand. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 'Laika. said:

I know it's a separate server but it's just ridiculous going so fast like 150km/h. Its not a race.

Going fast in crowded places will increase the risk factor.  It's obviously not a racing game, but speed itself isn't the only problem at this point.  Even if you make the limit 90, there will be drivers who will make dangerous rides.  The 150 speed limit, which is not crowded and especially applied on a highway, is not something out of reality.

hello,

I think this is a detailed and interesting text 😄 Now I know what TruckersMP is planning for the future. I think it's really cool that the community is more involved. 🙂

Nevertheless, I would have a point of criticism. In my Opinion, 3 000 players extremely few for the server because already 2 700 players (time: 16:45 UTC) are playing on the server. And in the Evening there would be more...

2th April 2023 19:00 UTC, SIM1 2 988 (+117 in queue) / 3 000

I hope the limit will be change to 3 500 Players 😄

2 hours ago, Soldado_31 said:

Worse idea ever: Those like me, who drive bellow 100 km/h, will be forced to share the road with some lunatics who thinks ETS2 should be played like Forza Horizon.

Today, in Promods server, a pair of these "lunatics" overpassed me, (I was driving at 99 kms/h). When I looked the mirror and saw them aproaching so fast, I just had time to pull over the side of the road. Even so one of them hited my truck and caused the cargo 2% damage.

If TMP wanted to increase the limit to 150 kms/h, should have done that on Promods Arcade.

In my opinion, this decision will ruin the game for a big bunch of players

Just my two cents

You are not "forced" to share a road with any group of individuals, as the Simulation 1 server still exists for anyone who is not in favour of the new changes. 

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png