Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

I think it's a shame that the changes are made for the people who are constantly whining about only being able to drive 110 km/h. Now we are back to the state of 2018/19 and again have two servers with 110 and 150 km/h. The people who really want to drive realistically for them there are no changes e.g. that you can only drive 90 km/h on SIM1. 

If you want to implement Formula 1 after, then you should develop the project in such directions.

Simply a pity.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I already uninstalled TruckersMP from my PC. Not considering about deleting my account, but mostly because of lazyness, just in case things go really "back to basics" and the staff see that 150 Km/h + Collisions is as bad now as it used to be (or way worse, with the permabans for repeat offenders and ban evaders gone).

Same here, i also already deinstall TMP. I will play the Convoi mode with some friends i found here in TMP and maybe I'll come back when TMP focuses more on the simulation again. But as long as TMP is just a playground for trolls and Need for Speed fans, I will leave TMP.

I hope SCS bring a update soon with more than 8 slots in Convoi mode.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jeronimο said:

It's a reality we have to face that there will always be people happy and likewise unhappy with updates, no matter what we do. This update aims to accommodate for a strong desire among a significant share of our players. At the end of the day, and as is the reality of any MMO-based community, there are players with different interests. I thoroughly understand there is a group of players that desires the true core of the games, namely pursuing simulation, but at the same time we also have to face that this is a virtual game and that other players wish to play the game in a different fashion; it is unreasonable to expect players to play in the exact same manner as you want to play the game. There is definitely a group that takes simulation seriously, and that's great, nobody wishes to put an end to that either. But there's also a group that wants to drive more casually and have fun in that way; one could wonder what is wrong about that and why those two groups cannot co-exist and each pursue their own interests. The speed limit is a maximum, not a minimum; that means that players can decide for themselves how fast they wish to drive. It is often mentioned that players that enjoy higher speed limits only drive on CD road. Good for them, right? They apparently have their own environment and if you don't like what happens around there, then you can simply take one of the other hundreds, if not thousands, other roads that are in the game and have fun by playing in your own style. Likewise, the Simulation 1 server – which enjoyed much support in the Community Survey – is still a thing as well. All that has happened here, realistically, is that players gained more liberty.

If any of the TruckersMP team members involved in this decision had considered the simulation aspect of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, we wouldn't need to listen to your excuses and attempts to smooth the waters now.

Let's get the facts straight:

This update aims solely to satisfy a strong desire among a significant share of our players, namely the irresponsible behavior of driving at excessive speed with hopefully spectacular collisions for the entertainment of a literally pitiful part of this community.

I'm curious how you imagine a simulation fan is supposed to have anything close to a satisfying game experience with the current server configurations.

Simulation 1 will be deserted due to the existence of an identical copy of the server (Simulation 4). Empty environment ---> unrealistic
Simulation 4 will be full of "casual" players due to an (unrealistic) high speed limit. But the server will only be populated in the infamous areas; the rest of the map will be empty as well, with the exception of the occasional "casual" player overtaking at full speed ---> unrealistic.

Arcade will be empty due to disabled collisions, ergo an empty environment ---> unrealistic.

You hopefully see the obvious flaw in your decision and the missing support for the group of simulation fans.

In light of the above, sending me, respectively, all players whose interests differ from the majority's interest in the thousands of kilometers of deserted roads is equally insensitive and tragic at the same time.

I wish the TruckersMP team had one member who has the courage to simply state that they don't strive for the simulation aspect of the Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator anymore instead of insulting the intelligence of your supporters by creating a racetrack and calling it a traffic calm zone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Business Analyst
7 hours ago, RiceOfWar said:

It's not surprising that players aiming for more realism playing on these servers are not happy, because you've made their experience worse.

I don't believe their experience changes through this update. I am aware there is a (relatively small) group of players that aim for true simulation c.q. realism; that is generally speaking also the group that advocates for lower speed limits, as they want to make other users to play the game in the same fashion as them by force. As mentioned, we (but this applies to any MMO community) have different groups with different interests, and this was no different before – not before Road to Simulation was initiated, not yesterday, not today, and not tomorrow. Regardless of whether you limit players to drive at 90 km/h, 110 km/h, or 150 km/h, they will play the game in their own style, and that is also what more than 3 years Road to Simulation experience has shown. The ones that aim for more realism – or at least the ones that participated in the surveys – usually do not go near the highly populated areas (Calais, Duisburg, and environment). The game experience does thus realistically not change for them, especially not if they decide to play on Simulation 1, which still contains the exact server configuration many of those players advocated for.

12 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

I wish the TruckersMP team had one member who has the courage to simply state that they don't strive for the simulation aspect of the Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator anymore

The way the game is played is what the community makes of it. Trying to force certain playstyles onto users does not work; the Road to Simulation failed in that aspect. While simulation is certainly part of the games, there are many, many other players that wish to play the games more casually. The community is therefore, evidently, about more than just simulation. Nevertheless, as mentioned in the blog: "We intend to use the Simulation 1 server as our basis where we continue to build on our unique simulation environment, for example with special 'live' events such as Operation HQ. We also hope that the Simulation 1 server provides a place where the more 'serious' and 'realistic' simulation enthusiasts can come together." This is all in line with the results from the surveys, in which collectively, more than 10,000 users participated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ja!_Chips said:

Same here, i also already deinstall TMP. I will play the Convoi mode with some friends i found here in TMP and maybe I'll come back when TMP focuses more on the simulation again. But as long as TMP is just a playground for trolls and Need for Speed fans, I will leave TMP.

I hope SCS bring a update soon with more than 8 slots in Convoi mode.

Well it shows that you are online in Sim 1 now 🙂

• Haha 3

Heya guys! Just a reminder 😄 

Please ensure that we behave civilly and do not call names or throw minor or light insults at anyone. If there's a comment you disagree with, however, If other believes that they're right, please don't flame them for this. It's an open platform where people can discuss their opinions, and we want to ensure everyone feels equally part of this discussion. If you wish to correct someone or throw your views against someone's post, ensure that you are using a friendly tone without insulting anyone.

Failure to do so and breaching the rules will result in consequences. Hence, please refrain from such behavior, and let's all enjoy the conversation while ensuring the rules are always followed.

That's all from me!

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

16 minutes ago, Jeronimο said:

I don't believe their experience changes through this update. I am aware there is a (relatively small) group of players that aim for true simulation c.q. realism; that is generally speaking also the group that advocates for lower speed limits, as they want to make other users to play the game in the same fashion as them by force. As mentioned, we (but this applies to any MMO community) have different groups with different interests, and this was no different before – not before Road to Simulation was initiated, not yesterday, not today, and not tomorrow. Regardless of whether you limit players to drive at 90 km/h, 110 km/h, or 150 km/h, they will play the game in their own style, and that is also what more than 3 years Road to Simulation experience has shown. The ones that aim for more realism – or at least the ones that participated in the surveys – usually do not go near the highly populated areas (Calais, Duisburg, and environment). The game experience does thus realistically not change for them, especially not if they decide to play on Simulation 1, which still contains the exact server configuration many of those players advocated for.

The way the game is played is what the community makes of it. Trying to force certain playstyles onto users does not work; the Road to Simulation failed in that aspect. While simulation is certainly part of the games, there are many, many other players that wish to play the games more casually. The community is therefore, evidently, about more than just simulation. Nevertheless, as mentioned in the blog: "We intend to use the Simulation 1 server as our basis where we continue to build on our unique simulation environment, for example with special 'live' events such as Operation HQ. We also hope that the Simulation 1 server provides a place where the more 'serious' and 'realistic' simulation enthusiasts can come together." This is all in line with the results from the surveys, in which collectively, more than 10,000 users participated.

1. Can you explain in more detail how you think "a (relatively small) group of players that aim for true simulation c.q. realism; that is generally speaking also the group that advocates for lower speed limits [...]"  "[...]want to make other users to play the game in the same fashion as them by force"?

2. In your opinion, why do you think this group stays away from the infamous areas?

3. How does the TruckersMP team define a "unique simulation environment," and how does it plan to improve the game experience for simulation fans, if at all?

I don't expect you to answer those crucial questions, but I felt the need to ask them to understand where the TruckersMP team truly stands in regard to parts of their community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Crazy how many people are threatening about leaving, even though the server configuration for Simulation 1 hasn't even changed. Management only added a new server.

Crazy how many people are complaining about ProMods being ruined, even though a new speedlimit does not affect their traffic jam simulator on Kirkenes at all.

If you are afraid that the population of Simulation 1 may die, then clearly "the community" does not care about a 110 speedlimit. Why would TruckersMP limit themselves by offering a server that their community does not want?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True Story 4

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

42 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

1- "generally speaking also the group that advocates for lower speed limits [...]"  "[...]want to make other users to play the game in the same fashion as them by force"?"

First of all, this is a game, the game developers (ie SCS) allowed the 110 speed limit to be exceeded in single player. But the name of the game has always remained Euro Truck Simulator 2. So the game was a simulation since released, TruckersMP just wanted to change it as realistic but this caused constant discussions. Another issue is that, except for the Calais and Duisburg regions, the roads are very empty, a slow speed limit like 110 bores me and causes me to spend more time on this game than necessary, at least it would be fun if AI cars were added to multiplayer.

15 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

Crazy how many people are complaining about ProMods being ruined, even though a new speedlimit does not affect their traffic jam simulator on Kirkenes at all.

Half of the players playing in Promods are already driving in the kirkenes area, I don't think they can drive with more 110kmh. 😄 

34 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

If you are afraid that the population of Simulation 1 may die, then clearly "the community" does not care about a 110 speedlimit. Why would TruckersMP limit themselves by offering a server that their community does not want?

Looks like 150kph is what the community dont want.

tmpserver.jpg

• Awesome! 1

1 minute ago, StateCA [NL] said:

Crazy how many people are threatening about leaving, even though the server configuration for Simulation 1 hasn't even changed. Management only added a new server.

Simulation 1 hasn't changed, true. Why not? If a new server with 150 Km/h speed limit was going to be opened, why not change Sim1 to 90 Km/h limit, as many people had asked? But this is not the main issue here. Adding Simulation 2 server is, as clearly stated in the OP, "going back to basics", namely, "the times of EU#1 and EU#2". And everyone who was in TMP at the time, knows what it means. 

And it's nothing like threatening. Back in 2019 I'd already stopped using TMP because I found it completely unsatistying for what I wanted. Now, TMP went back to what it used to be, I've just done what I already did back then. What would be the point of threatening, unless we had a good enough leverage? And clearly, we (the ones who like to simulate) have anything but that. Why threaten with something that TMP seems to not care about?

12 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

Once again, "back to the basics". Simulation 1, now that Simulation 2 has been opened, is the same as EU#1 used to be and EU#1 used to be dead. If Arcade server was (and will remain) dead, then clearly "the community" did not care about speed, right? Same logic applies.

The difference, anyone who wants to play simulation style can do so in Simulation 2 (formerly known as EU#2) and follow the road rules, speed limits, etc. Those who have been whining for years to get EU#2 back couldn't play "their style" in Simulation 1 and yet, they stayed there and kept whining. Because their style is not just speed... It's speed with collisions (Funny moments/Idiots on the road videos should be a good example) and enough protection in case things go wrong (enforced rules to report others) but not too harsh in case things go wrong the other way (more leniency in the punishment in case they are banned). Whining worked, it would seem, since they got what they wanted 😄

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, ja!_Chips said:

Looks like 150kph is what the community dont want.

tmpserver.jpg

There are still many people who have not heard about this, give it a few days or more to spread the word and we will see what really happens.

• Like 2

• Business Analyst
1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:
  1. Can you explain in more detail how you think "a (relatively small) group of players that aim for true simulation c.q. realism; that is generally speaking also the group that advocates for lower speed limits [...]"  "[...]want to make other users to play the game in the same fashion as them by force"?
  2. In your opinion, why do you think this group stays away from the infamous areas?
  3. How does the TruckersMP team define a "unique simulation environment," and how does it plan to improve the game experience for simulation fans, if at all?

I don't expect you to answer those crucial questions, but I felt the need to ask them to understand where the TruckersMP team truly stands in regard to parts of their community.

1. The group I am referring to advocates for lower speed limits as they want everyone else to play the game in the same fashion as them (i.e., realistically). Speed limits are restrictions and thus force players. 

2. Very simple: they wish to play the game in a different way than what most players in highly populated areas are after. It is inherent to any MMO-based community that there are diverse groups of players with different interests.

3. The main uniqueness that TruckersMP adds to the community/communities that play these games is that we allow hundreds, thousands, of players to connect in an online environment. We are an inclusive and diverse community. While simulation is a core principle for many players, there are many players that wish to play more casually as well, and this update is a step towards accommodating both aspects. People play games in different ways. You may disagree with how others play a game and that's fine of course, but in my humble opinion (and that is also what I have interpreted from all these surveys and many personal conversations with players) that is not a legitimate reason to apply restrictions that a 'handful of people' support at the expense of everyone else; however, we still maintain Simulation 1 for those that prefer the 'old' configuration. At the end of the day, it is the community that makes the games what they are and everyone can play the game as they please. With regard to the latter, there are plenty of ideas out there (also by the likes of the simulation community) but it ultimately depends on what our development team can bring to the table; I am not comfortable sharing those ideas here and now, however, as we have previously done that only to run into practical issues down the line and having to delay or even cancel ideas. You can be rest assured that many people in our team got you covered and are motivated to continue working on the simulation experience. At the same time, we keep our eyes open for other trends among our community.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, x_D3r_TeufeL_x said:

🤮🤮🤮 How stupid do you have to be???? YES Shouldn't that be a SIMULATION? A TRUCK SIMULATION!!!!! If you want to drive faster, you should simply play the "FIA European Truck Racing Championship" game where you can race! My goodness how can you break the game like TMP. Bounce with their members or how many registered people they have but make the servers themselves dead with their decisions. Just stupid! You just don't have to give yourself that anymore and I wish and hope that even more gamers will get away from the garbage TMP!!! Only sad and disappointed by this club! And goodbyessssss

TMP is corrupted ive stopped playing tmp actively since the tmp we have nowadays is just annoying 😕 tmp used to be my everyday game to play but since now the staff (and tmp) is corrupted especially with the ban system im done with it the admins most of them are abusing at their power and dont think is some accidents necessary to ban.. they just do what feels good example when tmp has winter mod enabled u can get banned if u just slide ACCIDENTALLY to other player.. like fr they never think that we all do misstakes? anyways ive leaved this garbage away and started play singleplayer 

• True Story 1