Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

1 hour ago, AntoniojMG said:

Exactly, for that reason there are two servers but most are not able to see this, they only complain about the changes and do not see that the community is divided and not all think alike, for that are the votes and know what the community thinks of a game itself.

Oh yeah?

Let's see.

Server 1 - ridiculous speed still allowed, no changes whatsoever, except less player slots and - more "leaway" against rule breakers, as stated already in effect (have already expeirenced in my recent reports), resulting in worse environment.

Server 2 - ludicrous speed, let's slap "simulation" tag on it for giggles, reaches almost 1/10 of capacity in peak times, while the first server is almost full.

Why have two servers which are essentially identical in my books, when people who want to drive 110km/h may as well do that on 150km/h server?

Why not 90km/h and 150km/h? That would make sense to me.

I don't feel like I belong here anymore. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • True Story 3

1 hour ago, Granite said:

No dude, people will leave, I am contemplating about deleting my account already. Gueass  I will not last here to the end of my eighth year.

I already uninstalled TruckersMP from my PC. Not considering about deleting my account, but mostly because of lazyness, just in case things go really "back to basics" and the staff see that 150 Km/h + Collisions is as bad now as it used to be (or way worse, with the permabans for repeat offenders and ban evaders gone).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

It's almost as if the past never existed. Has anyone on the team developed a case of selective memory? Back when EU2 was around, administering it was a complete nightmare. Reports of reckless drivers who couldn't handle their vehicles at high speeds flooded in endlessly. One can't help but wonder why Road to Simulation was even created. Unfortunately, history seems to be on the verge of repeating itself. With EU2 poised to become the busiest server once again, the Game Moderation team is likely to be saddled with an increased workload.

• Upvote 6
  • True Story 2

3 minutes ago, Sysgen said:

It's almost as if the past never existed. Has anyone on the team developed a case of selective memory? Back when EU2 was around, administering it was a complete nightmare. Reports of reckless drivers who couldn't handle their vehicles at high speeds flooded in endlessly. One can't help but wonder why Road to Simulation was even created. Unfortunately, history seems to be on the verge of repeating itself. With EU2 poised to become the busiest server once again, the Game Moderation team is likely to be saddled with an increased workload.

Don't forget the game is also different,  physics changed quite a bit, trucks are now less stable and more wobbly even at highest stability settings than in those times. People fail miserably at 110km/h already, especially keyboard warriors.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi,

1 hour ago, x_D3r_TeufeL_x said:

🤮🤮🤮 How stupid do you have to be???? YES Shouldn't that be a SIMULATION? A TRUCK SIMULATION!!!!! If you want to drive faster, you should simply play the "FIA European Truck Racing Championship" game where you can race! My goodness how can you break the game like TMP. Bounce with their members or how many registered people they have but make the servers themselves dead with their decisions. Just stupid! You just don't have to give yourself that anymore and I wish and hope that even more gamers will get away from the garbage TMP!!! Only sad and disappointed by this club! And goodbyessssss

Mate why are you so angry you can still go with simulation 1 110 and you can drive there but some people want to drive with 150 kmh so there is a request on both sides so you can go and play simulation 1.

• Like 2

Can I help u ? (u can send me message)

ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛ   ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʟ ʙᴀɴ  ғᴇᴇᴅʙᴀᴄᴋ

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I already uninstalled TruckersMP from my PC. Not considering about deleting my account, but mostly because of lazyness, just in case things go really "back to basics" and the staff see that 150 Km/h + Collisions is as bad now as it used to be (or way worse, with the permabans for repeat offenders and ban evaders gone).

I did it too already a few weeks ago - no chance for a return for me with this "rules". I don´t want to take part in Euro Truck Racing with people already a few times perm banned and returned back. Just wasted time...

• Like 1

• Business Analyst
6 hours ago, Stones8000 said:

I don't personally believe it was a good idea to split EU Simulation into 2 different servers. It just divides the community into two, and whilst it does allow for a more diverse choice of server configurations it could also means that wherever you drive there will always be less players because some will not be on the same server. I do really like how TruckersMP is listening to the community and acting on that though!

6 hours ago, -DVD- said:

But there is one thing I don't like, why server slot(s) is 3000? t would be great if the number of slots was increased. 

6 hours ago, loolee said:
  • Sim 2 is going to be more popular and should be given more player space 

As explained in the blog, we'll start with an equal amount of slots on both servers. Eventually the most popular server will be accommodated with the most slots; we are giving players a choice and will accommodate by demand. A real split will not occur regardless; the community has traditionally shown that most players join the server that is most active. 

When it comes to server slots, it's not a matter of simply counting numbers, but it rather depends on multiple factors how many slots we can allocate and where. To give you an example, adding 1 more player to Duisburg at peak time is >100x more heavy for bandwidth use than the same player alone in the middle of nowhere. Servers can also not be directly compared to one another given our infrastructure. Given what I mentioned above, we will most likely allocate 4000 slots to the most popular design at a later point in time.

• Collisions should be enabled on arcade, or maybe have a way to disable them locally as people may want to play games and not just drive at 500 kph

We initially anticipated to transform the Arcade server to the current Simulation 2 design. In other words, we would essentially enable collisions on Arcade. During the process, however, we had learned that there is a (not to be neglected) group of players that utilise the Arcade servers to 'escape' the servers where rules and collisions apply, e.g. to drive without having to pay too much attention, perform stunts, or drive carelessly with friends; often people also mentioned they use it to set up and design things such as convoy control profiles, which are often important element of community events. Transforming that server would impact that group of players. Likewise, players that have expressed their support for servers with collisions enabled and a higher speed limit also tend to support the enforcement of road rules; this finding suggests that simply enabling collisions on Arcade would not have made a meaningful impact. 

We have internally also talked about a possibility of designing opt-in collisions, which would essentially allow people to enable and disable collisions locally. This is currently not feasible, but could be an option in the future.

1 hour ago, RiceOfWar said:

The speed limit on Simulation 1 must be lowered to 90 km/h.

• Promods is seen as more professional in my opinion and should of kept its normal speed limit

I think what this update primarily emphasises is that nothing is set in stone and we adapt to changing circumstances. That also implies that the current 'reality' is not set in stone either and that we keep our eyes open for new trends. This update was also discussed with and agreed upon by our partners from ProMods. 

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

The TruckersMP team didn´t listen to the community´s voice, but they capitulated to a bunch of screaming Need For Speed fans, who I am sure of will continued to be pampered in the future under the guise of the majority´s interest.

It's a reality we have to face that there will always be people happy and likewise unhappy with updates, no matter what we do. This update aims to accommodate for a strong desire among a significant share of our players. At the end of the day, and as is the reality of any MMO-based community, there are players with different interests. I thoroughly understand there is a group of players that desires the true core of the games, namely pursuing simulation, but at the same time we also have to face that this is a virtual game and that other players wish to play the game in a different fashion; it is unreasonable to expect players to play in the exact same manner as you want to play the game. There is definitely a group that takes simulation seriously, and that's great, nobody wishes to put an end to that either. But there's also a group that wants to drive more casually and have fun in that way; one could wonder what is wrong about that and why those two groups cannot co-exist and each pursue their own interests. The speed limit is a maximum, not a minimum; that means that players can decide for themselves how fast they wish to drive. It is often mentioned that players that enjoy higher speed limits only drive on CD road. Good for them, right? They apparently have their own environment and if you don't like what happens around there, then you can simply take one of the other hundreds, if not thousands, other roads that are in the game and have fun by playing in your own style. Likewise, the Simulation 1 server – which enjoyed much support in the Community Survey – is still a thing as well. All that has happened here, realistically, is that players gained more liberty.

• Like 5
  • HaulieLove 1

Welcome to TruckersMP. Your local racing community.

This was really not the result i was expecting to happen. For me it feels like a step-back on improving the community as we will now see an increasing on "overtaking" reports.
Not really sure if this was such a great idea to increase it. But let us see what the future brings.

• True Story 2

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

I find that a complete nonsense with 150 KM / H over the roads to race.

I play ETS 2 and not FIA European Truck Racing Championship.

And why sim1 110 km/h I drive only Promods where is the server for Promods with 110 km/h.

And then all howl again because they were banned.

Just look at TMP how many people drove on TMP 2 years ago, then the servers were full and today sim 1. 2000 people
Sim 2. 300 people Promods 1600 people.

It goes no longer long is TMP death 

This is my opinion.

• True Story 2

1 hour ago, Jeronimο said:

and why those two groups cannot co-exist and each pursue their own interests

They can only coexist on different servers. Because some move almost twice as fast as others. This is not safe and will lead to many accidents.
So splitting into Simulation 1 and Simulation 2 was the right move. Increasing the speed limit on servers like promods and ATS server is a bad move. It's not surprising that players aiming for more realism playing on these servers are not happy, because you've made their experience worse.

• Like 1

I would like to thank You for this change. Once again, both hardcore players and others who want to play more freely will have their servers. Personally, I'm looking forward to playing more often in TMP again and I firmly believe that many players who left after 2019 will return.

I wish the whole team the best of luck with this change!

👍🥳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RiceOfWar said:

They can only coexist on different servers. Because some move almost twice as fast as others. This is not safe and will lead to many accidents.
So splitting into Simulation 1 and Simulation 2 was the right move. Increasing the speed limit on servers like promods and ATS server is a bad move. It's not surprising that players aiming for more realism playing on these servers are not happy, because you've made their experience worse.

I mean, the sim1 and sim 2 was a great move for obvious reasons.

but promods, the majority is in an already bad road to even try to go 110kmph, so why would try to go higher? And more isolated parts are easier to go around the slower players and the map is quite bigger than normally. so it is fine by default.

Meanwhile, on ATS, the servers was already dead, so going 130 was fine, but you wouldn't find much people, I did a trip from nevada to brithish columbia (PM canada), and only saw like 5 person in total. In a trip of over 2 000km. And the most assured place to see at least 1 player is at Las Vegas, not even moving most of the time.

5 hours ago, RiceOfWar said:

The speed limit on Simulation 1 must be lowered to 90 km/h. Anyone who wants to go faster should go to arcade racing server, which you call Simulation 2.

Then everything would really make sense.

I feel that sim2 could just be EU and sim1 become sim, and in sim 1, maybe a 10kmph decrease will be a better compromise. so, if you follow truck speed limits at all times, you don't feel slow down in the UK (max of 97kmph [60mph] in highways) or in Romania (100kmph [62mph] in highways)

Edited by TheClaudeQC
changing a part of my message, as I badly phrased this