Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

29 minutes ago, InfiniteDrakes said:

It is said in the post by Jeronimo that three years later all forms of save editing have been allowed "that did not adversely affect others". My question is: why can't we add beacons on the front/bull bar? Beacons don't affect others... do they? 

Regardless of that, great update! 

Yes Beacons especially affects other people. But i do think you can add beacons there. But the problem comes when you have too many beacons. Then they start to affect everyones FPS negatively. And So i do not suggest you put a lot of them. 

55 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

This is part of the reason why Sim 1 and Sim 2 have different server configurations. If you don't like the changes, I would recommend playing on the server with the lower speed limiter. 

Yes which might be totally empty, so if you want to play with other people you would need to be in all the chaos of Sim 2. At least that is how i think it will end. It was how it was back in the day.

2 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

Yes Beacons especially affects other people. But i do think you can add beacons there. But the problem comes when you have too many beacons. Then they start to affect everyones FPS negatively. And So i do not suggest you put a lot of them. 

Yes which might be totally empty, so if you want to play with other people you would need to be in all the chaos of Sim 2. At least that is how i think it will end. It was how it was back in the day.

I'll ask one more question, new game  moderation staff members will be recruited soon and the servers are currently split in half. Will it negatively impact the workload of game moderators? How to deal with two servers?

Soooo... My hasty and baseless assumptions ended up being predictions. Goodbye, Road to Simulation, welcome back EU#1 and EU#2. If the server names were also changed to what they used to be, it would be perfect. It doesn't make a lot of sense calling Simulation to a place where 99% of the people will be driving trucks at 150 Km/h...

• Upvote 4
  • True Story 7

It was a very detailed article, first of all, I would like to thank you for this, and I appreciate those right decisions that were made, we needed that. :HaulieLove:

q1MsQT6.png

Languages: I TR I EN |  Discord: pofii

TR | Kurallar | Ban İtirazı | Destek Sistemi | Raporlama Sistemi | Geri Bildirim

EN | Rules | Ban Appeal | Support System | Report System | Feedback |

1797472539_TMP.png.e59ae11c070d542b6b8fb 

16 minutes ago, -DVD- said:

I'll ask one more question, new game  moderation staff members will be recruited soon and the servers are currently split in half. Will it negatively impact the workload of game moderators? How to deal with two servers?

I have no idea. My guess is that adding back the 150km/h would lead to more accidents and so more reports and so more work for us as moderators. But we dont actually know if that will be the case. Its likely, but as a moderator its our job to deal with it and so we will just have to. Its what we signed up to. 

18 minutes ago, Bierkutscher said:

Sorry ... 150 on ProMods ... wow. Back to basics. Indeed.
Playing a Simulation obviously is not the interest of TMP
This is so wierd. I would not complain, if there are mutliple servers for TMP and just one limited to "Simulation". 

This is a bad day for "Truck Simulation"

I agree. But its apparently what the community wants. And so we will have to see how it goes. Lets hope it does not end too bad, for everyones sake 🙂

9 minutes ago, ja!_Chips said:

100% agree. What TMP want is a playground for Need for Speed kids.

Looks like community who likes to be NFS "kids" have won this time. And i am looking forward for chill-community have something to say, more than NFS "kids".
Hopefully this will not continue in forever and changes will happen back as it was from 2019-2023 

• True Story 2

3 minutes ago, ChristmarDK said:

Looks like community who likes to be NFS "kids" have won this time. And i am looking forward for chill-community have something to say, more than NFS "kids".
Hopefully this will not continue in forever and changes will happen back as it was from 2019-2023 

No dude, people will leave, I am contemplating about deleting my account already. Gueass  I will not last here to the end of my eighth year.

• True Story 1

10 minutes ago, Granite said:

No dude, people will leave, I am contemplating about deleting my account already. Gueass  I will not last here to the end of my eighth year.

I have no plans in deleting my account, as i have no plans in leaving. Even tho if i didnt play on TMP, i would not delete the account in case i want to go back. But there is no way i will support TruckersMP with speed and server configuration change as the only thing i can think about , that i disagree on.

7 minutes ago, IndirectWeb94 said:

I really appreciate that people can get the best of both worlds (just for chill/non-serious and more serious and realistic). The servers in general will suit most if not all of the TruckersMP Player base... 

Good Job TMP Staff🙂

Exactly, for that reason there are two servers but most are not able to see this, they only complain about the changes and do not see that the community is divided and not all think alike, for that are the votes and know what the community thinks of a game itself.

Unbelievable... and this title to these changes

Instead of going to focus on more simulation as the results of that voting showed - to gain more simulation players for a bigger player base => more players affects in more activity on the servers => a bigger server -> direction 5000 slots - the server was decreased....

To sum up TruckersMP logic: 

Players: 66% voted for a server - based on a Simulation and rules quite similar as in reallife

TruckersMP: so we decrease the slots for the Simulation server from 4200 to 3000 xD

In German we would say for this decision - Das war´s - Ihr habt fertig! 

Thanks! That´s it! Greetings!

• True Story 3

2 hours ago, Jeronimο said:

For TruckersMP, this is the beginning of a new chapter and I understand that not everyone may support this change. In fact, this is and has been a controversial topic within our team. However, I believe that sometimes it is necessary to listen to the community's voice and look beyond our own vision to meet their desires. We have carefully worked to consider our options and hope the new servers should satisfy both ends of the spectrum – those who prefer a more realistic gameplay experience and those who are more casual. Ultimately, our most important function is to enable players to have fun, and I hope this update contributes to that.

This isn´t by far a new chapter for TruckersMP, as similar server configurations existed in the past. It´s therefore a back to the pre-Road To Simulation-era.

Considering these new respectively old facts, Road to Simulation has come to an abrupt and violent end and, in retrospect, looks like a hoax at the expense of the simulation fans.

The TruckersMP team didn´t listen to the community´s voice, but they capitulated to a bunch of screaming Need For Speed fans, who I am sure of will continued to be pampered in the future under the guise of the majority´s interest.

For me, TruckersMP ended already years ago, caused by decisions I refused to bear and endure.

Today, you´ve not only lost the interest but also the trust of longtime, loyal, and respected members of this community.

I hope you had this in mind when you made your decisions.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 5

Well, what can I say except: Bye Bye TMP. That's it for now.
What does 150km/h have to do with truck simulation? Is this going to be something Asseto Corsa Complitetione? I think only those who drive like hell took part in the "survey". Or it was planned anyway.  Well, I hope that ScS will quickly increase the number of drivers in the Convoy. Well, in my opinion you are starting to dig your own grave.
As I said Bye bye TMP

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 4

1 minute ago, GrafBalu said:

Well, what can I say except: Bye Bye TMP. That's it for now.
What does 150km/h have to do with truck simulation? Is this going to be something Asseto Corsa Complitetione? I think only those who drive like hell took part in the "survey". Or it was planned anyway.  Well, I hope that ScS will quickly increase the number of drivers in the Convoy. Well, in my opinion you are starting to dig your own grave.
As I said Bye bye TMP

The Simulation 1 server is still open at 110kmh speed limits if you do not like the new changes.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

🤮🤮🤮 How stupid do you have to be???? YES Shouldn't that be a SIMULATION? A TRUCK SIMULATION!!!!! If you want to drive faster, you should simply play the "FIA European Truck Racing Championship" game where you can race! My goodness how can you break the game like TMP. Bounce with their members or how many registered people they have but make the servers themselves dead with their decisions. Just stupid! You just don't have to give yourself that anymore and I wish and hope that even more gamers will get away from the garbage TMP!!! Only sad and disappointed by this club! And goodbyessssss

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 4