Project Update: Back to Basics

Jeroen

We cannot determine whether this change was made to better fit the user experience or just to please more people, but I can see that the TruckersMP team always has a positive and proactive attitude in everything they do. As long as there is faith, there will always be people supporting you. Players who pursue speed and those who want to simulate reality have both gotten what they wanted, like two branches of a river that will eventually meet. TruckersMP has been working hard towards this goal, and that is enough. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 6

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

Separating Sim1 and Sim2 is the right way, but doing it on ProMods too, no thanks!

But the double ban remains in Kirkenes, great! You could have tried removing that and seeing how it behaves!
But that would certainly be unrealistic again, but 150 km/h on the map, where apparently everyone is just toxic.

• Like 2

Just now, EFK. said:

I don't think it was a good decision. Already a lot of troubled people were playing, now everything will be worse.

This is part of the reason why Sim 1 and Sim 2 have different server configurations. If you don't like the changes, I would recommend playing on the server with the lower speed limiter. 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 6
  • Woah! 1

I don't personally believe it was a good idea to split EU Simulation into 2 different servers. It just divides the community into two, and whilst it does allow for a more diverse choice of server configurations it could also means that wherever you drive there will always be less players because some will not be on the same server. I do really like how TruckersMP is listening to the community and acting on that though!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 3
  • Awesome! 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

Before this update, who wanted to drive fast were redirected to arcade servers. However, although the maximum slot number of the simulation 1 was 4200, there were about 2500-3000 players on the server, generally increasing more on weekends, it split in two with this update, which makes sense to me. It will be lifeblood for players who do not login the game due to the decreased speed limit.

5 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

This is part of the reason why Sim 1 and Sim 2 have different server configurations. If you don't like the changes, I would recommend playing on the server with the lower speed limiter. 

But there is one thing I don't like, why server slot(s) is 3000? t would be great if the number of slots was increased. 

I like the new speed limit, however:

• Promods is seen as more professional in my opinion and should of kept its normal speed limit
  • Sim 2 is going to be more popular and should be given more player space 
  • Collisions should be enabled on arcade, or maybe have a way to disable them locally as people may want to play games and not just drive at 500 kph
  • Pilot cars should be limited at 110 on Sim 2 as if they were being used for the intended use: they won't ever need to go above 90kph imo.

However this a move in the right direction.
  • Upvote 2

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

18 minutes ago, Stones8000 said:

I don't personally believe it was a good idea to split EU Simulation into 2 different servers. It just divides the community into two, and whilst it does allow for a more diverse choice of server configurations it could also means that wherever you drive there will always be less players because some will not be on the same server. I do really like how TruckersMP is listening to the community and acting on that though!

Unfortunately, the low speed limit couldn't stop those who want to drive fast. I still see a lot of players banned from the game. For this reason, I support that this change will not does any harm. Users who want to drive according to the simulation rules can only choose to connect to the simulation 1 server. 

10 minutes ago, -DVD- said:

But there is one thing I don't like, why server slot(s) is 3000? t would be great if the number of slots was increased. 

You can find the answer to that question within the blog:

Initially, slots for Simulation 1 and Simulation 2 will be divided equally as the Community Survey showed a large body of support for both configurations and we do not wish to steer where the demand goes; this is up to you guys.

1 minute ago, loolee said:

I like the new speed limit, however:

• Promods is seen as more professional in my opinion and should of kept its normal speed limit
  • Sim 2 is going to be more popular and should be given more player space 
  • Collisions should be enabled on arcade, or maybe have a way to disable them locally as people may want to play games and not just drive at 500 kph

However this a move in the right direction.

You're right, but there aren't many drivers which on maximum speed in and around the Kirkenes mine. But  promods is such a large map, it can take a very long time to explore all of the cities of the mod. Therefore the 150 speed limit would be a correct change.

3 minutes ago, Leon Baker said:

You can find the answer to that question within the blog:

The portion specified to be divided equally should not be valid only for 3000. It could have been done 4000 slots as well. 🙂

Personally, I am not in favour of having 2 servers (Sim1 | 110 km/h| Sim2 150 km/h), it divides the simulation community, or the people who drive according to realism, there are the arcade servers where you can drive faster than 110. 

Of course there are people who want to drive faster than 110, but then it's not a truck simulator, it's a truck race simulator. 😐 

• Like 1
  • Woah! 1

4 minutes ago, InfiniteDrakes said:

It is said in the post by Jeronimo that three years later all forms of save editing have been allowed "that did not adversely affect others". My question is: why can't we add beacons on the front/bull bar? Beacons don't affect others... do they? 

Regardless of that, great update! 

You can add beacons on the bull bar via save-edit, it is not prohibited.

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 1