Why not reducing the Active bans expires after 6 months of the ban

Reducing the Active Bans Duration  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with me to reduce the Active Ban to 6 months? instead of 12 months

I don't agree with your suggestion. Because if the active ban period is reduced, trolling users or bad manners users increase, so I think 12 months is suitable for now.

• Like 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

If the situation you described had taken place, the rule of "§2.8 - How bans are issued" would have to be changed mathematically, and it would have caused mixed results depending on the expiration of the bans. Therefore, I don't support your suggestion to change the current punishment system.

Kind Regards.

I disagree with this suggestion purely on the basis that the TruckersMP rules aren't difficult to follow. By reducing the active ban timeframe it'll allow for more chaos from those that intend on breaking the rules to ruin other players' experience.

Hello,

The human mind is a very strange concept. I think it is easier to take an action by thinking of months than to think of years. As a result, people easily accept that a time spanning months will pass. But when the situation covers the year, things change. I think the existence of the "1 year" limit instead of the "6 months" limit puts more psychological pressure on the drivers and people especially feel more responsible for it. 

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

• 3 months later...

Hello @aviation the best,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Every user has 3 chances before the punishment history is taken into account when the next ban is issued, so we see 12 months as an optimal solution. Reducing the punishment history cooldown period to 6 months will not bring any benefits but only encourage users to worry less about the amount of the active bans they have which will lead to more rule violations. That is definitely not something we would be happy to see, nor the community would be happy about that, so we will not be proceeding with this suggestion at this time. Thanks for understanding!

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Community Manager

// Rejected