What is the best truck in ATS?

Stones8000

7 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

This appears to be more a matter of personal taste and preference.

The first truck I ever bought in American Truck Simulator was a quite simple Peterbilt 389 Day Cab, similar to the one below. We traveled a lot of miles together and had a jolly good time.

yMznUOi.jpg

Thats a very beautiful picture :HaulieLove:

It seems that a lot of you agree that Volvo and Kenworth are the best, so I will defo go and check them both out very soon 🙂 Thank you all for responding!

• Thanks 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

2 hours ago, Stones8000 said:

It seems that a lot of you agree that Volvo and Kenworth are the best, so I will defo go and check them both out very soon 🙂 Thank you all for responding!

Personally, I stay away from Peterbilt, Kenworth or Volvo trucks, these are the oldest in the game, some are there form the start, and the quality corresponds with it.

They are not terrible, but not great either, think of Volvo 2012 and older Scania in ETS2.

They are supposedly going to add updated / next gen models of these brands, so I'm waiting for that to happen, before I touch them again.

Nobody knows when it will happen, but it seems to be getting closer as Kenworth W900 has been already updated, so give that a go, it's a classic big nosed truck.

Other brands, on the other hand, are of better quality. That includes all models of Mack, International, Freightliner and Western Star trucks, possibly more models will come, as there is currently only one Mack or Freightliner.

Overall it comes down to taste, most american trucks share the same characteristics.

Some drivetrain options (Cummins, Eaton) are available in almost any truck, some are exclusive for different brands - Paccar (DAF) engines in Kenworth and Peterbilt, Detroit Diesel in Daimler (aka Mercedes) owned brands (Freightliner, Western Star), and Volvo in Volvo and Mack trucks.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Former 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).webp.e92a68917998ce91b48b9c8d98f4dc5f.png.239dff30ac57308a6fb0607cadd7f7f5.png +1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed + 997284533_role_DiscordModerator(2).png.4d49ace905a7df14559189939444e2de.png.b3dd915bca893b88f34287297a750f21.png 

Appeal your ban | Report a player | Feedback Ticket | Recruitment | Support  | KB |

Join my YouTube Discord