Question regarding in-game reports

revelena

Hi, just got a quick question. Last night I had an incident with 2 people in Romania, out of all places, they boxed me in and blocked me for a good 10 mins until they eventually got bored and left, so I reported them both via the Tab menu.

I'm just wondering if that has any effect without me actually recording the event, because I wasn't, and I don't think I'll ever be recording anything, as my PC isn't state of the art, to put it lightly.

Do those kinds of reports reach anyone? And how likely is it for a mod to show up shortly after and solve an issue like that?

Cheers

• Like 1

if you have video evidence I suggest you to do use website report system its more effective in game report system usually don't work always if you lucky sometimes they check in see your report and take action(but not always.)

When you report them in tab report there is a time to take action on that report if the time's out your report goes in trash(I mean nobody see it).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, revelena said:

Hi, just got a quick question. Last night I had an incident with 2 people in Romania, out of all places, they boxed me in and blocked me for a good 10 mins until they eventually got bored and left, so I reported them both via the Tab menu.

I'm just wondering if that has any effect without me actually recording the event, because I wasn't, and I don't think I'll ever be recording anything, as my PC isn't state of the art, to put it lightly.

Do those kinds of reports reach anyone? And how likely is it for a mod to show up shortly after and solve an issue like that?

Cheers

they rely on video evidence..

and when they can't reach to your need or plea..

they will say ...

they are too busy......

i have been blocked several times ..

some of them just want to check my truck ...

because they love my designs....and they will appreciate it..

some will say nothing .....till there done...

it doesn't bother me....

its a game ...if you want us to waste our time am ready ....

i dont get paid for playing ....rather i spend money just to play it ....

soo am cOOl... 

lets look at each other...

Hey there! When you submit an in-game report, the last 2 minutes of the perpetrator's session are stored on our servers and Game Moderators+ are able to access that report. The server is able to hold up to 100 reports at a time, so if there is not a Game Moderator currently on the server looking at reports, there is a high chance that the report timed out and no action was taken. 

If you are still on the server when the report is either looked at or timed out, you will be notified of the outcome including if the player was banned or not. If the report timed out, unfortunately, no action can be taken on that player without video evidence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

Hey there! When you submit an in-game report, the last 2 minutes of the perpetrator's session are stored on our servers and Game Moderators+ are able to access that report. The server is able to hold up to 100 reports at a time, so if there is not a Game Moderator currently on the server looking at reports, there is a high chance that the report timed out and no action was taken. 

If you are still on the server when the report is either looked at or timed out, you will be notified of the outcome including if the player was banned or not. If the report timed out, unfortunately, no action can be taken on that player without video evidence. 

That's all I wanted to know, thank you 💖 I kept playing for about an hour after that, but never received any notification about the report. It was quite late, midnight UK time, when not many people are online, so I imagine there were barely any moderators to look at reports, it's okay though, it wasn't a big deal. My main concern was wether reporting in-game actually works or not, so thanks for making that clear ^^

@revelena

As other players above have answered for you. I still think you can use the reporting system on the official website to report, and the administrator will accept and process your report. As for how long it will take for the administrator to accept it, it depends on the load on the official website. The low load will be accepted and processed within about 3 days, the medium and high load will be processed after about a week, and the high load will take double the waiting time, so you need to wait patiently. Reports in the game, under normal circumstances, may not be handled by the administrator in the game, which will cause the report to time out, and you will receive 2 lines of red when you have not downloaded the game.
The most appropriate way is that if there is a violation, you can record the video for offline reporting and upload it to the reporting system. There will be a game administrator who will accept your report and check whether there is a violation, and it will be dealt with after confirming the violation.

About recording software you can try if you can run MedalTV, that is not really a heavy program and you can always adjust the settings also.

You can assign a button to the record so you can press the button to record 30 seconds of gameplay, after your session you can easily make a link and make a web report.

be sure you have additional settings on in-game through tab and settings, so you can enable the truckersmp id which you need to create the right report for that perpetrator.  

Hey, I have had similar issues in the past aswell and Shadowplay actually helped me with its replay buffer recording option, videos arent that heavy there.

Otherwise you can try using OBS with the same replay buffer option activated. OBS is pretty light and I like it personally more because you are the one to get to manually choose how many seconds you want your replay buffer to have recorded by clicking just a button.

Hi, Assuming that hundreds of in-game reports are submitted to game moderators every day, it would be wrong to expect too much from in-game reporting. (at least unless dozens of people reported a driver) But if you have a proof video, it is possible to get a more efficient result by uploading it to the system. Since graphic card softwares now offer recording opportunities other than third-party applications, you can do this easily with one click.

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

On 3/25/2023 at 2:27 PM, revelena said:

Cheers

I'm sorry about the incident that has happened to you.

Reports sent with the in-game report system have to be claimed by a game moderator on duty within a certain time period, which is 10 minutes.

If the report hasn't been claimed in that time, it will be lost, and you will receive an automated notification in the chat.

The in-game report system is inefficient because the number of game moderators is too small to handle the high number of in-game reports in a timely manner.

It is therefore always better to record incidents and use the video as evidence for a report via the web reporting system.

Please note that there are many different ways to video record your game play, many of which don't have a noticeable impact on your computer's performance.
A search in the forum for recording software tips and suggestions will likely come up with some useful advice.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tσmmy said:

Hi, Assuming that hundreds of in-game reports are submitted to game moderators every day, it would be wrong to expect too much from in-game reporting. (at least unless dozens of people reported a driver) But if you have a proof video, it is possible to get a more efficient result by uploading it to the system. Since graphic card softwares now offer recording opportunities other than third-party applications, you can do this easily with one click.

Even if dozens of people report the same person on the in-game reporting tool, all but 1 of them will get a message that says "This user has already been reported" and so it won't go through. 

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

On 3/25/2023 at 5:29 PM, Flaming. said:

Clear explanation.

In-game reports to get to moderators but

• TMP is such a big game that so many reports will come in
  • The moderation team is already stretched
  • I think there is probably a prioritisation on what reports are read (this is probably not true but would make sense)

The best way to to tab and use medal, you can always delete the clip once if it is delt with ingame.

idk but if you have a look on this website you can usually find what the moderators have to deal with (clicking the medal links)

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.