Increase required playtime from 2hrs

Llockie

Suggestion Name: Increase required playtime from 2hrs

Suggestion Description: Increase required playtime from 2hrs to 24hrs.

Ok maybe 24hrs is to much but 6hrs 8hrs 12hrs it just 2hrs is nothing.

Any example images:  I can provide screenshots if required, but It will include user details etc.. 

Why it should be added:

- Slow down the ban evaders making them serve the required time etc.

- Reduce the ban reports for reckless driving etc because of inexperienced drivers

Also being a small time stream and being targeted by stream snipers.  I've submitted ban reports resulting in permanent bans but they are back after the 2hrs and I'm not the only one being targeted.

My small streaming community explained how banned players get around permanent bans (I'm not going to post the how to here) but I am happy for someone to contact me and I can explain all the loop holes ( your probably already knownl them)

So upping the required played time before join TMP will hopefully reduce the ban reports for game moderators and stop the ban evaders.

Maybe 24hrs is a bit much but it could be a good starting point.

Thanks

Llockie 🙂

• Upvote 3

Seriously Bro!...

24hrs.......

hmmm...

I oppose that motion......

even if you give players 3days of play time before joining TMP 

they will be players that will still break the laws...

2hrs is too much...

some of us are not full-time gamers bro!!!

we work to pay our bills and buy more DLC'S.

and if they are a system that brings them back...

then they need to work on blocking that system  if it's illegal 

you don't give people hard time for joining TMP  because of other 

people's misbehaviors... 

The main reason for it being locked to 2 hours is because, beyond that, you can no longer refund the game on steam, and that's already a huge step in stopping trolls from making new accounts. So whoever wants to spend absurd amounts of money in order to troll others and evade bans, will do exactly that regardless of the time it takes to get back on the server, be it 2 hours or 24.

It's a money issue, not a time-related matter, so I don't think it would make a significant difference.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, L-DragO* said:

Seriously Bro!...

24hrs.......

hmmm...

I oppose that motion......

even if you give players 3days of play time before joining TMP 

they will be players that will still break the laws...

2hrs is too much...

some of us are not full-time gamers bro!!!

we work to pay our bills and buy more DLC'S.

and if they are a system that brings them back...

then they need to work on blocking9 that system  if it's illegal 

you don't give people hard time for joining TMP  because of other 

people's misbehaviors... 

Slowing the process down of banned players will easy load on the game mods.  Giving them more time to work towards getting the process correct.

Ban evaders don't buy DLC'S and the normal player that get banned will just serve the time.

Your argument against is because 2hrs is to much. Well I think it should be more.  Its not stopping them playing the game.  Single player and convoy is still available,  can still buy all the dlcs and use them. It's just slowing down the process of being able to 1. Play on TMP

2. Stop ban evaders (mainly permanently banned) from being back in the game within 2 little hours.

I did say 24hrs might a bit much and it could be a good staring point but ban evaders can be back on the game within 2hrs.  2hrs is nothing.  You watch a film in 2hrs.

Say it was 24hrs was the requirement for TMP the experience you can get from playing the game first in single player or convoy will also stop new players getting banned for reckless driving becuase they are not familiar with the game.  Again helping with the load for game mods.

4 hours ago, revelena said:

The main reason for it being locked to 2 hours is because, beyond that, you can no longer refund the game on steam, and that's already a huge step in stopping trolls from making new accounts. So whoever wants to spend absurd amounts of money in order to troll others and evade bans, will do exactly that regardless of the time it takes to get back on the server, be it 2 hours or 24.

It's a money issue, not a time-related matter, so I don't think it would make a significant difference.

You think ban evaders pay for the game?

8 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

I don't see this as necessary. Requiring 24 hours before you can play TruckersMP is too much in my opinion. Let's say a player sees TruckersMP on Youtube, they are a casual gamer and only play a couple hours a week. We should not make this person play ETS2 for 12 weeks before they can join our servers. 

I did say 24hrs might be to much but 2hrs is nothing to a ban evader.

I've witnessed this week a player being banned permanently and back on the game in 2hrs not much point have a banning system inplace and from what I've been told you can't report ban evaders.

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Again, I'd like to seize this opportunity to advocate for a more efficient method of slowing the reentry of banned players.

Make completing a certain number of World Of Trucks jobs a prerequisite for registration.

Agreed but making it achievement based might cause more issues becuase they are unsure how to do said achievement.

By just upping the required play time will slow them coming back.  Which can only slow the load on Game mods 

Maybe it should Be 6hrs, 12 hrs but 2hrs is easily done.

I get what Flaming is saying but sometimes to solve a problem you have to implement certain measures.  

8 minutes ago, Llockie said:

Slowing the process down of banned players will easy load on the game mods.  Giving them more time to work towards getting the process correct.

Ban evaders don't buy DLC'S and the normal player that get banned will just serve the time.

Your argument against is because 2hrs is to much. Well I think it should be more.  Its not stopping them playing the game.  Single player and convoy is still available,  can still buy all the dlcs and use them. It's just slowing down the process of being able to 1. Play on TMP

2. Stop ban evaders (mainly permanently banned) from being back in the game within 2 little hours.

I did say 24hrs might a bit much and it could be a good staring point but ban evaders can be back on the game within 2hrs.  2hrs is nothing.  You watch a film in 2hrs.

Say it was 24hrs was the requirement for TMP the experience you can get from playing the game first in single player or convoy will also stop new players getting banned for reckless driving becuase they are not familiar with the game.  Again helping with the load for game mods.

You think ban evaders pay for the game?

Bro!, 

watching a movie is different from playing a game ...

do you know it's stressful playing games ???

in real life, we have so many reckless drivers.

they get arrested but, that doesn't stop them from reckless driving.

and this is what we see almost every day...

my main question is.

Do Ban evaders don't get banned...????

if they do...

that's them spending money...

if they still break the rules...they will still get banned ...

another money to spend ....

16 minutes ago, Llockie said:

I did say 24hrs might be to much but 2hrs is nothing to a ban evader.

I've witnessed this week a player being banned permanently and back on the game in 2hrs not much point have a banning system inplace and from what I've been told you can't report ban evaders.

How is that possible not to report them ???

do they have immunity ??

L-DragO they do not spend money to evade a ban!!

18 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

Bro!, 

watching a movie is different from playing a game ...

do you know it's stressful playing games ???

in real life, we have so many reckless drivers.

they get arrested but, that doesn't stop them from reckless driving.

and this is what we see almost every day...

my main question is.

Do Ban evaders don't get banned...????

if they do...

that's them spending money...

if they still break the rules...they will still get banned ...

another money to spend ....

How is that possible not to report them ???

do they have immunity ??

"How is that possible not to report them ???"

I was told by a discord mod and I quote "This is not something the Community Moderation Team can deal with. Keep in mind that Ban Evading violations cannot be reported to the TruckersMP Team, as such violations are handled through internal processes."

Being able to help this internal process would be a great but we can't.

You can't compare reckless driving in TMP to real life.   In real life there is more consequences  (hurt yourself or somone else, be arrested / put in jail)

3 hours ago, Tσmmy said:

Hello,

I think the 2 hour limit is ideal. The fact that the game cannot be refunded after 2 hours already keeps most troll drivers away from this occurrence.

Hi Tommy,

Please read my other reply's ..... 

**Troll Drivers / Ban evaders do not buy the game**

So you can not use the refund argument as a motion against this suggestion.

19 minutes ago, Llockie said:

Hi Tommy,

okay

11 hours ago, Llockie said:

L-DragO they do not spend money to evade a ban!!

"How is that possible not to report them ???"

I was told by a discord mod and I quote "This is not something the Community Moderation Team can deal with. Keep in mind that Ban Evading violations cannot be reported to the TruckersMP Team, as such violations are handled through internal processes."

Being able to help this internal process would be a great but we can't.

You can't compare reckless driving in TMP to real life.   In real life there is more consequences  (hurt yourself or somone else, be arrested / put in jail)

if I cant.....

why soo serious!!!

it's just a game...

This got to be worth a try.

TMP already got 5mil registered users so the player base is already there

Maybe start at 12hrs,  see what the feedback is then increase or decrease as necessary.  If it slows down to much decrease, if its still the same increase  You will be able to see the stats on new accounts being created slows down.  I would be interested to know the before/after

I would say the majority against the increase would be the ban evaders and everyone will just complete the required time in single player/convoy. 

21 minutes ago, Llockie said:

This got to be worth a try.

TMP already got 5mil registered users so the player base is already there

Maybe start at 12hrs,  see what the feedback is then increase or decrease as necessary.  If it slows down to much decrease, if its still the same increase  You will be able to see the stats on new accounts being created slows down.  I would be interested to know the before/after

I would say the majority against the increase would be the ban evaders and the and the of players will just complete the required time in single player/convoy 

why do they invade bans??

i mean... why do you think they invade bans???

Another way this change could be implemented.

Set it on a monthly basis review but could change at anytime without warning and have a message on the registration page, for example:

"Current required playtime for new accounts is 12hrs, this is due to the influx of registrations.  Sorry for any inconvenience caused"

But then you have a minimum and a maximum that it cant go below or above.    Minimum 6hrs / maximum 24hrs

6 hours ago, Llockie said:

Hi Tommy,

Do you say "Troll drivers/ban evaders do not buy the game." ? If you're defending that, you've managed to make me laugh, man.

We see that hundreds of drivers who have somehow been penalized have opened new accounts and started the game by buying all the DLCs. If you see this as impossible, it means you are very new to this community. Do some research.

Also, increasing the required time limit will not keep troll drivers away from this game. If he is really a troll driver, he leaves his account on hour boost apps, returns after 1-2 days and can start playing on TruckersMP. Today, there are apps that can boost game time even 100 hours for free.

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

3 hours ago, Tσmmy said:

Do you say "Troll drivers/ban evaders do not buy the game." ? If you're defending that, you've managed to make me laugh, man.

We see that hundreds of drivers who have somehow been penalized have opened new accounts and started the game by buying all the DLCs. If you see this as impossible, it means you are very new to this community. Do some research.

Also, increasing the required time limit will not keep troll drivers away from this game. If he is really a troll driver, he leaves his account on hour boost apps, returns after 1-2 days and can start playing on TruckersMP. Today, there are apps that can boost game time even 100 hours for free.

How is me telling you that banned drivers don't buy the game defending them?  I want them gone or to slow how quick they can be back in the game. It's a loop hole that needs to be closed or made hard to achieve.

I think you someone needs to do research its you.   Banned drivers trying to ban evade do not need to buy the game again!!

Normal players like you and me won't spend money to ban evade if its going to cost more money.  We would just serve said ban.  However ban evaders don't buy the game or dlcs everytime that are banned. 

Also, we'll done on telling everyone on TMP forums to go look for boosting apps.  👍 

12 minutes ago, Llockie said:

How is me telling you that banned drivers don't buy the game defending them?  I want them gone or to slow how quick they can be back in the game. It's a loop hole that needs to be closed or made hard to achieve.

I think you someone needs to do research its you.   Banned drivers trying to ban evade do not need to buy the game again!!

Normal players like you and me won't spend money to ban evade if its going to cost more money.  We would just serve said ban.  However ban evaders don't buy the game or dlcs everytime that are banned. 

Also, we'll done on telling everyone on TMP forums to go look for boosting apps.  👍 

Dude, it has nothing to do with us saying it. People find and do everything on the Internet. The important thing is that TruckersMP should follow different strategies in the face of these situations and take important measures in return. If you ask me, I would argue that the presence of troller drivers affects our potential. For 3 years, I have been driving by following the rules, I have not officially committed a single accident. Together we will see the measures TruckersMP will take in the future. Thanks for creating the topic.

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

@Llockie

Hello! I think it is a bit exaggerated to increase the 2 hours to 24 hours and then add it to Truckersmp. 2 hours is not refundable by steam. But what I want to say is that no matter how long the game time is, there will be some troublesome players causing accidents to normal players. So there is absolutely no need to increase the game time.

31 minutes ago, Soul Contracts said:

@Llockie

Hello! I think it is a bit exaggerated to increase the 2 hours to 24 hours and then add it to Truckersmp. 2 hours is not refundable by steam. But what I want to say is that no matter how long the game time is, there will be some troublesome players causing accidents to normal players. So there is absolutely no need to increase the game time.

Again ban evaders do not need the 2hrs refund timer. They do not pay for the game 

There Is a reason, It slows down the troublesom ban evaders getting back in the game.  Which can only be a positive outcome.

On another side note I'm pleased that this got us talking about the situation.

11 minutes ago, revelena said:

Would you please mind explaining why/how ban evaders don't pay for the game? I might be stupid, but as far as i know, ban evading means playing on a different account after you got banned on one, therefor you paid for the game multiple times.

I'm not going to explain how to ban evade on a open forum so please don't ask but trust me when I say they don't pay to evade a ban!!

7 hours ago, Shaaka said:

2h, 12h or 48h everyone can leave their game on all day or all night in afk mode to join truckersmp without ever having made any deliveries

And I totally agree, even if it was a week. 

But increasing the 2hr limit its slows the return of ban evaders ultimately helping the load on game mods.