Got kicked from server both in ATS and ETS2 for high average ping?

Professor_1701

Question

I am new here and got TruckersMP up and running last night and was able to drive quite a while in ATS with no problems. Then I was suddenly kicked for this reason stated above, and I have decent internet with 10 Mbps/8 Mbps and latency of about 30ms doing the Speedtest.net.  I am located in New York State.  When I tried running TruckersMP for ETS2, I was only logged in a few minutes and got kicked for this same reason.  Not sure what can be done here, are there settings I can adjust to fix something?  This happened around 2300 GMT -4. 

11 answers to this question

Hello @Professor_1701;

You mentioned that you had a problem I'm really sorry about that. You can be sure that I will do my best to help you.
First of all I see that you are new to the forum, welcome! If you need help, don't hesitate to contact me.

1. Try resetting your modem.
  2. Open up your Task Manager by pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Del" on keyboard and see if there are some updating services running in the background processes.
  3. Disable any unwanted programs you don't want running and hogging internet.
  4. Try use a VPN.
  5. Do a DNS flush.
  6. Clear your PC's temp files.

I hope I was able to solve your problem clearly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I wish you a good day.

• Like 1

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Hello,

The following things should help you to at least some degree, by lowering CPU load and freeing more performance for the TruckersMP networking etc.

To increase the game performance, you need a better CPU or lower any game graphics that requires CPU performance.
For help on the above, take a look at the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300836306
When on that link, look at the following:

5) FPS tweaks
6) Graphic settings
7) ETS2 Multiplayer FPS tweaks

You can try lowering the game settings that take CPU performance 

You can also try lowering the Draw Distance in-game, here's how:

1. Open the TAB/player list
2. Hit the gear (Settings)
3. Go to the Graphics settings tab
4. Try lowering the Draw Distance from the usual medium to low or very low

And you can try these things as well

Maybe you can follow this guide to reduce the high ping issue.

• Like 1

Hello @Professor_1701,

First of all, welcome to TruckersMP. I hope you have a good time here and make good virtual friendships.

As for the problem, it may be related to the server you entered. TruckersMP has servers like Simulation 1, [US] Simulation. The Simulation 1 server is linked to Europe. The [US] server is connected to the USA. You will be better to play in the [US] servers. You won't have a high ping problem on this server.

I hope I could help. If you have any other questions, feel free to write to me in this thread or privately. Have a nice day.

Regards,

'Nhympex.

• Like 1

Hi @Professor_1701

First of all, welcome. Kicks for "high ping" are nothing to be concerned about and can be caused by a number of things. 

From my experience, most people experience this when loading into highly populated places, such as Calais. So my first piece of advice would be to ensure you're loading into a quitter location. For getting to Calais, I'd suggest loading into Dover and then taking the ferry across the water or loading into Lille and driving to Calais.  

Regards, 

Bean

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 1:04 PM, !drkYVZ said:

Hello @Professor_1701;

You mentioned that you had a problem I'm really sorry about that. You can be sure that I will do my best to help you.
First of all I see that you are new to the forum, welcome! If you need help, don't hesitate to contact me.

1. Try resetting your modem.
  2. Open up your Task Manager by pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Del" on keyboard and see if there are some updating services running in the background processes.
  3. Disable any unwanted programs you don't want running and hogging internet.
  4. Try use a VPN.
  5. Do a DNS flush.
  6. Clear your PC's temp files.

I hope I was able to solve your problem clearly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I wish you a good day.

I've done the first 3 on here.  I have a low ping of 30 to 40 ms on my internet so a vpn would not help.  Not sure what you mean about the dns flush?  And where are these temp files to be found and deleted?  Thanks

Thanks everyone for you help with this issue.  I play mostly connected to the US server for ATS since I am in NY area.  The ping shows as around 40 ms (I keep the tab open to see it at all times, as well as other drivers near me) but can spike to 300 or higher briefly, but then comes back down to the 40 range.  In ETS2 I play in the European server to have more chance of seeing people, and the normal ping is about 140 ms but jumps up to over 500 ms or more but then comes back down.  I passed a huge convoy parked on the other side of the interstate in Germany last night and my ping did not go much over 150 ms, so I don't think my intermittent problem is from too many players near me.  I have an i7-8700k, 32GB memory, 1080 GTX, 1 TB SSD, and cable internet with speeds of 12 Mpbs/ 8 Mbps (advertised) with real values from speedtest.net of 8 Mbps/ 6 Mbps.  Sometimes I cannot even log into ETS2, single or with TruckersMP, and if I reboot the PC and reload everything, I can then get in.  I will read more about the dns flushing to see if that helps, but as far as the modem and connections, they are pretty solid.  Thanks again and will post back if I can get it fixed.

Try Clearing the ARP Cache: https://techjourney.net/clear-delete-and-refresh-arp-cache-entry/

Tried this one after doing the dnsflush and still having problems.  I tried pinging google.com and only 2 of 4 did not time out. So after running the ARP procedure in that link, I got google.com to give 4 of 4 replies, and I was able to play ETS2 for a couple hours without problems, and my ping hovered around 120ms from 140 or 150 the day before.  Still got kicked after coming into Amsterdam and there were like ten people there near where I had to drop off, and so that must have spiked it for me.  But the game is a lot more dependable now.  Thanks again for the help, and this new trick I had never heard of.

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks for all your participation.

Kind regards,
Lucas._
TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to Inactive.

Hello there,

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

Lucas._

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics