Thoughts on SCS doing more than 1 state DLCs in the future?

SilentNinja939

Do you think SCS will cover the entire US 1 state at a time? I was thinking that states like North and South Dakota could be grouped together as 1. And even smaller states like New Jersey and Delaware could be grouped up. I know they have bundles for the DLC on Steam such as "Northwest Bundle" but it would be cool to see them release some states together.

43 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

I would say it's more likely ATS gets discontinued before the 48 continental states are in the game.

Either that or I will be very old by then, but on the bright side it will be the longest supported videogame in history and my future super powerful PC will need an emulator to run the game in order to slow it down from 9k FPS.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Granite said:

Either that or I will be very old by then, but on the bright side it will be the longest supported videogame in history and my future super powerful PC will need an emulator to run the game in order to slow it down from 9k FPS.

😄

• Like 4

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

On 3/15/2023 at 9:40 PM, Flaming. said:

They may group some of the smaller states together, but we are a long way from the Northeast being in ATS.

I would say it's more likely ATS gets discontinued before the 48 continental states are in the game.

Yeah while I hope they can keep it going until all states are done, it is probably a big ask

They are doing it one state at a time. Why?

1. Every teaser they post hypes you up until release.
  2. So they can make that particular state on par with how it looks on real maps.
  3. So bugs can be reported to improve the state's QOL, if needed.

You also have to realize, most states have a larger scale. Delaware & Rhode Island are the 2 smallest of the bunch.

SCS isn't going to retire ATS. Each state gives them money. Then, they will bundle those states into regional releases. I speculate the port in Washington will be used to go to Alaska & Hawaii.

Let me recap the previous states releases for you

1. Arizona: June 6, 2016. 4 months after ATS launched.
  2. New Mexico: Nov 9, 2017. 5 months,.
  3. Oregon: Oct 4, 2018. 10 months, with a rescale of Nevada, California, Arizona, & New Mexico.
  4. Washington: Jun 11, 2019. 7 months.
  5. Utah: Nov 7, 2019. 4 months.
  6. Idaho: Jul 16, 2020. 8 months.
  7. Colorado: Nov 12, 2020. 4 months.
  8. Wyoming: Sep 7, 2021. 10 months.
  9. Montana: Aug 4, 2022. 11 months.
  10. Texas: Nov 15, 2022. 3 months.

SCS has also increased the size of ATS team from 4 to 40, and probably more to this date. Seems like they take on 2 state projects at a time. 3/4 of the year to a full year is indication that that state is the first project while another team focus on the next to close to gap to 1/4 of the year. There are 38 states to go. Assuming they are doing the 2 states at a time method, it equates to 19 times that is repeated. The full map could be completed by 2040. (Just my guesswork with the 2 projects at a time. Only SCS truly knows how much allocation they have to plan our future content).

@Somehow Lucky There is definitely more then 2 states in developement at a time. They have at least 3 map teams for ATS, maybe even more. On top of that, there si independent small team working on California Rework. Of course people are swapped between teams as needed, there's different stages of developement that requires different skills. The time between releases is not really indication of anything. Texas was in research stages of developement long before officially introduced two years ago, before even Utah was annonced, and it only gets more complex the further east we go, it's going to be increasingly challenging to recreate denser populated states and their road networks. Smaller doesn't always gets easier, and the covid really didn't help either to speed things up.

If anything, I think they will only bundle up the really small states, like Maryland-Delaware, Connecticut-Rhode Island-Massachusetts or Vermont-New Hampshire

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, Granite said:

If anything, I think they will only bundle up the really small states, like Maryland-Delaware, Connecticut-Rhode Island-Massachusetts or Vermont-New Hampshire

Yeah this is what I was thinking along the lines of, would make sense to me. Thank you for clarifying the team structure too! 🙂

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.